Too many taggers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Too many taggers

Too many taggers and not enough genuine ball winners.
Will never win a flag whilst Mcqualter is in the team. Need a 3rd tall forward instead eg Stanley, Gilbert. Tackles don't mean much if that's the only thng you contribute.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Too many taggers

Agree.

Eddy, Mini, Dempster, Baker. Too many dour, defensive types. Not enough creative ball-winners.

I can't find a spot for Eddy or Mini unless they can impact on the scoreboard.

Steven and Geary might get those spots next season and Gilbert, IMO, should play as the other key position forward with Kosi consigned to ruck.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Re: Too many taggers

bigcarl wrote:Agree.

Eddy, Mini, Dempster, Baker. Too many dour, defensive types. Not enough creative ball-winners.

I can't find a spot for Eddy or Mini unless they can impact on the scoreboard.

Steven and Geary might get those spots next season and Gilbert, IMO, should play as the other key position forward with Kosi consigned to ruck.
yep.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

I agree - Its time for re-invention Ross - We need to kick big scores when we can - We NEED some flair - We NEED teams working out how to stop us - not how to get past our defence. We NEED to use Roo as a weapon - but not our only weapon.

Today the tough decisions need to made - No more will being a plodder work - When we get cracked - we get destroyed

'This is Saints Footy' - It just doesn't work on the big stage - IMHO - I want to be hated - I want the Saints to hurt the opposition - I want teams fearfull of a team that truly does have unfinished business - not empty promises - unfinished business means that you are truly focussed - Yesterday - for what ever reason - we were not focussed.

We need 22 players who have the heart of BJ in the team - 22 players who wont go missing - and we need a potent forward line - 4 goals a quarter - each and every quarter each and every game as a bare minimum!!!

THIS IS PURE UNADULTERATED DESPISED SAINTS FOOTY!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

not the players fault.

they are playing as instructed.

we were condemning dal santo 2 years ago for playing creative footy...

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
wallbanger
Club Player

Clinton Jones is the Jack Daniels of the current era. His disposal is almost laughable at times - mind you, he isn't alone. Dempster, Blake, Gilbert, Baker, Peake...the list goes on.

Time to get some genuinely skillful players into the team who actually want to get the footy and do something with it.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
undecided
Club Player

wallbanger wrote:Clinton Jones is the Jack Daniels of the current era. His disposal is almost laughable at times - mind you, he isn't alone. Dempster, Blake, Gilbert, Baker, Peake...the list goes on.

Time to get some genuinely skillful players into the team who actually want to get the footy and do something with it.
this. jones shouldn't play again until he can at least kick half decently because atm he is the worst kick in the AFL.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

undecided wrote:
wallbanger wrote:Clinton Jones is the Jack Daniels of the current era. His disposal is almost laughable at times - mind you, he isn't alone. Dempster, Blake, Gilbert, Baker, Peake...the list goes on.

this. jones shouldn't play again until he can at least kick half decently because atm he is the worst kick in the AFL.
Easier said than done. Where are all these players at the moment???

Jones is easily in our best 22. So is Blake. And Gilbert.

Dempster, McQualter, Eddy, Peake- these are the guys on notice.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
vacuous space
SS Life Member

dcstkfc wrote:Dempster, McQualter, Eddy, Peake- these are the guys on notice.
Do you think it would have made a difference if we had Beams, Blair, Goldsack and Toovey? Their game plan has role players just as our does. There's not a whole lot that Mini, Dempster, Eddy or could do about our inside midfielders getting trounced.

Yeah nah pleasing positive