Trade Week for us.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Trade Week for us.

What can we expect to see in Trade Week starting tomorrow for the Saints? I hope we can exchange some Grand Final players for a quick forward and draft picks.

FQF
SS Life Member

Someone on the forum mentioned Gram as possible trade bait.

His performance in last year's GF lifted his reputation significantly and he would demand quite a good player in return.

If we could somehow use him to get an updated Gram, or trade for a different player and allow Miles to settle into his position it could be an upside.

Having said all that, I always feel sick thinking about trading loyal members of our team.

But to get, you've gotta give.

Tom_Aus
Club Player

If we want another crack at it next year we need to have an excellent trade period, and if we are to pick up recycled players, they must have quality, not second graders, from second grade clubs (Peake, Pattison).
My wish list would be:
- Ready made ruckman such as Cox or Mitch Clarke
- Inside midfielder to give Lenny help such as Daniel Rich
- Outside midfielder with speed, possibly Tambling

FQF
SS Life Member

Tom_Aus wrote:If we want another crack at it next year we need to have an excellent trade period, and if we are to pick up recycled players, they must have quality, not second graders, from second grade clubs (Peake, Pattison).
My wish list would be:
I didn't think Rick was interested in coming to Vic. But he does have beautiful long kicks, and no matter who it is, a ball travels faster than even the fastest players.

Same deal with Mitch Clarke, don't think he wants to come to Vic.

Daniel Kerr's name gets thrown up here during every trade period.
He would be mightily handy though.

saintlee
Club Player

I actually wouldn't mind us trading with GC for a few high draft picks...I know our window is probably open for another year at least, but I personally feel like we need to inject some quality youth....

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Yes, but who would the GC be interested in from Saturday? Eddy, Dempster, Jones, Kosi, Mini.?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Yes, but who would the GC be interested in from Saturday? Eddy, Dempster, Jones, Kosi, Mini.?
Maybe Jones. Maybe Dempster. Definitely Kosi. Need a ruckman. They'd take him in a heartbeat if a deal could be arranged.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Tom_Aus wrote:If we want another crack at it next year we need to have an excellent trade period, and if we are to pick up recycled players, they must have quality, not second graders, from second grade clubs (Peake, Pattison).
My wish list would be:
back-up for lenny. well how about giving a smith or armo a game? back up for gram - how about giving miles a game?

we need more mids badly. we need a steele sidebottom.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
My wish list would be:
back-up for lenny. well how about giving a smith or armo a game? back up for gram - how about giving miles a game?

I have a feeling we had a chance at Steele Sidebottom didn't we?

He has been vital. Creative, tough, quick, beats his man.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Liam_G
Club Player

Thinline wrote:I have a feeling we had a chance at Steele Sidebottom didn't we?
No, he went Pick 11. We had Pick 13 (Tom Lynch).

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Thinline wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
My wish list would be:

He went the pick before Tom Lynch.

Just like Nathan Brown went the pick before Armo.

Our previous ownership of the Filth is September has bitten us on the bum in these twon cases.

mohannair
Club Player

FQF wrote:Someone on the forum mentioned Gram as possible trade bait.

His performance in last year's GF lifted his reputation significantly and he would demand quite a good player in return.

If we could somehow use him to get an updated Gram, or trade for a different player and allow Miles to settle into his position it could be an upside.

Having said all that, I always feel sick thinking about trading loyal members of our team.

But to get, you've gotta give.
We are going down the wrong track if we think abt. trading Gram. He was not fit this year & hence limited output.

Similar to Luke Ball last year.

Grammy is an elite player & will be a major part of our club going forward, a good pre-season will have a positive impact.

mohannair
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
My wish list would be:

No Sidebottom went before we got our pick. We picked Lynch because Steele was picked by Pies before we got the first chance.

mohannair
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
borderbarry wrote:Yes, but who would the GC be interested in from Saturday? Eddy, Dempster, Jones, Kosi, Mini.?
Maybe Jones. Maybe Dempster. Definitely Kosi. Need a ruckman. They'd take him in a heartbeat if a deal could be arranged.
Jones played last few weeks with a broken foot & hence limited output. He is the best tagger going around, Boomer Harvey may be able to explain in details.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

If Gardiner retires, I wouldn't be surprised if Josh (i can't believe it's not butter) Fraser lands at the Saints…

SaintWodonga
Club Player

dragit wrote:If Gardiner retires, I wouldn't be surprised if Josh (i can't believe it's not butter) Fraser lands at the Saints…
No thanks.. Don't want him. I am sure it was announced on Saturday night Gardiner will stay for 1 more year..

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote:
dragit wrote:If Gardiner retires, I wouldn't be surprised if Josh (i can't believe it's not butter) Fraser lands at the Saints…
No thanks.. Don't want him. I am sure it was announced on Saturday night Gardiner will stay for 1 more year..
just what we need. another guy who cant play ruck and cant play fwd. we have kosi already.

im happy to give patto & stanley more games in 2010. i just want mids mids and more mids!

can we ask collingwood for pick 30 for luke ball again?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote:
Neither do I, but I didn't want Peake or Pattison either. Hope Gardiner can put in 1 more…

58ter
Club Player

rumour going round is Tambling wants out from richmond , saints maybe keen ( apol if in another post )

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

58ter wrote:rumour going round is Tambling wants out from richmond , saints maybe keen ( apol if in another post )
Is he quick and does he have good disposal?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
58ter wrote:rumour going round is Tambling wants out from richmond , saints maybe keen ( apol if in another post )
Is he quick and does he have good disposal?
yes and yes. Does he have the tank to play midfield and is his decsision making up for it is debateable.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Tambling is fast. Could be better with us.

Josh Frazer is not even close to kosi's standard. We should offer money to Dick from collingwood if he is not too far gone, Wellingham was good and looks like has an up side.

If we don't get them at least stretch the Pies cap. Pacy guys or guys with fast reaction time are needed, speed can be deceiving, we need guys that can think quick too. Hill for the dogs, Ayce Cordy kept out from last year at the dogs could be worth a try.

Goal kicking spread will be crucial so any goal kicking mids would be handy.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote: im happy to give patto & stanley more games in 2010. i just want mids mids and more mids!
Exavtly right. Our top three mids are very good but it drops away alarmingly from there.

The problem has been that many of our mid recruits haven't worked out:
-Armitage (to date)
-Birss
-Howard
-Leigh Fisher (fell away)
-Fiora
-McGough

Steven should move forward to allow Schneider to play mid next year.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote: im happy to give patto & stanley more games in 2010. i just want mids mids and more mids!
Exavtly right. Our top three mids are very good but it drops away alarmingly from there.

The problem has been that many of our mid recruits haven't worked out:
-Armitage (to date)
-Birss
-Howard
-Leigh Fisher (fell away)
-Fiora
-McGough

Steven should move forward to allow Schneider to play mid next year.
I like this idea. I also like Milne's game as forward of centre mid in the QF.

Both are good users of the ball if they can develop the tank.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

I jsut hope we don't give up any of our draft picks for a GOP from another club. The main things we need are pace and skills. If there are kids in the draft with qualities we have to get them.
It would be a mistake trading Gram as he is one on our list who has some leg speed.
Others have already mentioned the likes of Miles, Stanley, Armo and Steven. Time to give them an extended run. Add another group of 18 year olds this year and in 2 or three seasons hopefully we'll have another group of decent players.
If I have one criticism of Ross Lyon, he seems to prefer sticking to the 22-24 year olds that we've all seen before rather than taking a punt on 18 and 19 year olds. Time to take a chance Ross.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.