Clash jumper for 2011 onwards?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thequarry
Club Player

Clash jumper for 2011 onwards?

Does anyone know if the club will be getting a new clash jumper for 2011? I remember the "apron" jumper design was contracted for only two years (2007-08), does anyone have any idea if the club had a similar agreement with the current design?

Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

As I understand it clubs must have their clash jumper for 2 seasons, then they have the choice of either changing the jumper or continuing with that clash jumper for another 2 seasons.

In regards to us, I have no idea what we will be doing.

ThePunter
Club Player

I don't see any reason why there would be a change.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

ThePunter wrote:I don't see any reason why there would be a change.
should be current home jumper with white back black numbers.

saint4life
snowdelisaint
Club Player

The reason to change is in order to sell more.

Eg, the 2009 and 2010 clash jumpers were practically the same, but the 2009 had a V-neck and Jeldwen in black, 2010 had a round neck and jeldwen in white.

It will change subtly but remain fundamentally the same IMO.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

I was told two years ago that they WILL change

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
PRECISELY!

The board had better listen and deliver an away jumper that is actually OUR HOME JUMPER with a white back so that in the event we have to play Collingwood in a Grand Final AGAIN and are forced to wear a clash jumper AGAIN in a GRAND FINAL which is televised world wide, at least OUR HOME JUMPER, OUR BRAND etc...etc...etc...etc... will still be fully represented on the front of the jumper!

I warned the board in 2008 about this at the AGM and pointed out THEN that if we play Collingwood in the next few years we might be forced to wear a clash jumper in a Grand Final and it is imperative that it be as close to our HOME JUMPER as possible and suggested our HOME JUMPER with a white back,........ NOT a stupid design with a white panel as wide as the Grand Canyon, which signifies a white flag surrender before the ball is even bounced!

Greg Westaway interjected , " We will wear our home jumper in Grand Finals "

Oh yeah, really FAIR DINKUM!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

GET IT RIGHT THIS TIME, FFS! :twisted:

Already talked to Ross Levine on the phone and sent an email to Michael Nettlefold which he has NOT responded to as yet

The board had better get this right, otherwise there will be mayhem!

8-)

AWAY JUMPER = HOME JUMPER w/ a WHITE BACK!

SIMPLE, just deliver it

or at least allow the members a say and a vote which Archie Fraser promised me in an email, but never delivered on!

I HAVE NO DOUBT THE VAST MAJORITY OF MEMBERS WOULD VOTE FOR THIS JUMPER AND PARTICULARLY SO AFTER HAVING TO PLAY TWO GRAND FINALS IN ONE YEAR IN A WHITE FLAG!

The players bust a gut to make a GRAND FINAL so pay them the respect of allowing them to play in a jumper that has the HOME JUMPER on at least the front of the jumper!

LISTEN THIS TIME FFS, so tired of boards delivering dodgy clash jumpers when we might be forced to wear these in a GRAND FINAL!!

GET IT RIGHT, no fricken white panel as wide as the GREAT WALL of CHINA!

FAIR DINKUM!

:idea:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
chook23 wrote:
PRECISELY!

The board had better listen and deliver an away jumper that is actually OUR HOME JUMPER with a white back so that in the event we have to play Collingwood in a Grand Final AGAIN and are forced to wear a clash jumper AGAIN in a GRAND FINAL which is televised world wide, at least OUR HOME JUMPER, OUR BRAND etc...etc...etc...etc... will still be fully represented on the front of the jumper!

I warned the board in 2008 about this at the AGM and pointed out THEN that if we play Collingwood in the next few years we might be forced to wear a clash jumper in a Grand Final and it is imperative that it be as close to our HOME JUMPER as possible and suggested our HOME JUMPER with a white back,........ NOT a stupid design with a white panel as wide as the Grand Canyon, which signifies a white flag surrender before the ball is even bounced!

Already talked to Ross Levine on the phone and sent an email to Michael Nettlefold which he has NOT responded to as yet

8-)

SIMPLE, just deliver it

or at least allow the members a say and a vote which Archie Fraser promised me in an email, but never delivered on!

I HAVE NO DOUBT THE VAST MAJORITY OF MEMBERS WOULD VOTE FOR THIS JUMPER AND PARTICULARLY SO AFTER HAVING TO PLAY TWO GRAND FINALS IN ONE YEAR IN A WHITE FLAG!

The players bust a gut to make a GRAND FINAL so pay them the respect of allowing them to play in a jumper that has the HOME JUMPER on at least the front of the jumper!

LISTEN THIS TIME FFS, so tired of boards delivering dodgy clash jumpers when we might be forced to wear these in a GRAND FINAL!!

FAIR DINKUM!

for once i agree with you......the jumper we wore in the 50s would be fine....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
ThePunter
Club Player

I believe what we wear is as close to the home jumper as we're allowed.

The real problem with the clash jumper rule is not how we're governed, but how Essendon, who don't really have a clash jumper (the way you know is we have to wear ours in home games against Essendon), are governed. Anything they do is subject to AFL approval, so their constitution can go to Hell.

By the way, there is a footy jumper thread on Big Footy where all this stuff gets updated, and there is no word on jumpers for St Kilda in 2011.

snowdelisaint
Club Player

Right: The home jumper with a white back would not be approved as an away jumper as it is (arguably) too similar.

So what we need is,
A home jumper (as it stands)
A clash jumper (as it stands, or, can vary from season to season), AND
A third jumper, home front with white back, approved by the AFL, for events such as a GF v Collingwood where it is deemed it would not clash with the opposition.

[Come to think of it, that would be every team, as a home jumper with a white back would not clash with Ess home jumper at all.]

I'm not a fan of the clash strip either, and have previously got angry about this issue. But, it's not worth getting worked up over an inch of colour. A friend of mine said he thought the clash strip made the players look bulkier.

The recent SKFC website header for the B&F with a picture of Trevor Barker in a wide middle strip from the early 80s (I was not born back then) has swung me on this issue. I reckon it's ok.

EG:

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

barks4eva wrote:
chook23 wrote:
PRECISELY!

8-)

SIMPLE, just deliver it

FAIR DINKUM!

I don't know if the jumper you propose would meet the "predominately white" requirement of the AFL, but FWIW, I agree with you.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

snowdelisaint wrote:Right: The home jumper with a white back would not be approved as an away jumper as it is (arguably) too similar.

Rubbish!

The whole point of having a clash jumper is having a jumper that does not clash with any other club!

OUR HOME JUMPER with a white back clashes with no other club!

Problem solved and if we have to wear an away jumper in a GRAND FINAL we still get to at least have our home jumper on the front!

How simple is this, FAIR DINKUM!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I liked the nice yellow one from a few years back.

Actuially saw a bloke wearing one at the Geelong game during the finals.

Lots of support for that one.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

ThePunter wrote:I believe what we wear is as close to the home jumper as we're allowed.
Absolute rubbish!

Do we have to ask the AFL if we're allowed to take a piss?

Seriously, OUR HOME JUMPER with a WHITE BACK clashed with noone!

THE ONLY REASON we need to change our jumper against Collingwood is because Collingwood's home jumper NOW also has a black back!

It's all about the back of the jumper!

An Eddie McGuire jumper change that the AFL approved of nine years ago which created the problem to begin with!

WHY THE **** should we bend over?

The whole point is OUR HOME JUMPER WITH A WHITE BACK DOES NOT CLASH WITh ANY OTHER CLUB, FULL STOP, PERIOD, WE DECIDE OUR NEW JUMPER AND NO FURTHER CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ENTERED INTO!

If Demetriou has any issue with that, I'll organize Chopper Reid to handle the negotiations!

FAIR DINKUM!

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:I liked the nice yellow one from a few years back.

Actuially saw a bloke wearing one at the Geelong game during the finals.

Lots of support for that one.
Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote: I don't know if the jumper you propose would meet the "predominately white" requirement of the AFL, but FWIW, I agree with you.
HOW IS OUR HOME JUMPER WITH AN ALL WHITE BACK NOT PREDOMINANTLY WHITE?

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote: I don't know if the jumper you propose would meet the "predominately white" requirement of the AFL, but FWIW, I agree with you.
HOW IS OUR HOME JUMPER WITH AN ALL WHITE BACK NOT PREDOMINANTLY WHITE?
That's something you will have to ask the AFL. I just have doubts, thats all.

snowdelisaint
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:Do we have to ask the AFL if we're allowed to take a piss?
Yes, we do. And half the time they say No.

bozza1980
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
snowdelisaint wrote:Right: The home jumper with a white back would not be approved as an away jumper as it is (arguably) too similar.

Rubbish!

The whole point of having a clash jumper is having a jumper that does not clash with any other club!

OUR HOME JUMPER with a white back clashes with no other club!

Problem solved and if we have to wear an away jumper in a GRAND FINAL we still get to at least have our home jumper on the front!

How simple is this, FAIR DINKUM!
I agree, Collingwood's clash jumper is there home jumper in reverse, I'd suggest that is fairly similar.

A white back on our current home jumper would make it a mainly white jumper and avoid the clashes our home jumper has.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Saint_Ash wrote:As I understand it clubs must have their clash jumper for 2 seasons, then they have the choice of either changing the jumper or continuing with that clash jumper for another 2 seasons.

Not if you are Collingwood or Essendon, they are not required to have clash jumpers.

They are only required to have away jumpers that can be similar to their home jumpers.

It is all about Demetriou's salary package.
He gets a bonus based on match attendances.
So the corrupt little tur- does not want to upset the born to rule clubs.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
bozza1980
Club Player

ace wrote:
Saint_Ash wrote:As I understand it clubs must have their clash jumper for 2 seasons, then they have the choice of either changing the jumper or continuing with that clash jumper for another 2 seasons.

Not if you are Collingwood or Essendon, they are not required to have clash jumpers.

They are only required to have away jumpers that can be similar to their home jumpers.

It is all about Demetriou's salary package.
He gets a bonus based on match attendances.
So the corrupt little tur- does not want to upset the born to rule clubs.
Technically Collingwood does have a clash jumper. As much as we don't like it, the whole purpose of a clash jumper is to avoid clashes and their white with black stripe jumper does not clash with our jumper.

I'll believe it when I see it, but during this season it was announced that Essendon had agreed, in return for wearing the seatbelt jumper, to create a proper clash jumper next year.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
GoTheTorp
Club Player

Our new clash jumper will be red white and black

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

If u feel so strongly about it start a petition

Another opportunity awaits!
oneteam
Club Player

We have it for one more year. Have to have it for a total of 2 years. Hopefully we are top of ladder and get our choice. But the current one looks same as traditional home jumper anyway. eg I am sure Joffa would have been happy to wear that home jumper on a premiership day at the G.
Imageπ

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

oneteam wrote:We have it for one more year. Have to have it for a total of 2 years. Hopefully we are top of ladder and get our choice. But the current one looks same as traditional home jumper anyway. eg I am sure Joffa would have been happy to wear that home jumper on a premiership day at the G.
Imageπ
Some on here are complaining that the clash jumper has a white panel as wide as the Grand Canyon although there have now been a few examples of older jumpers that suggest it used to be quite prominent.

Indeed it would seem to me that the white panel on the Home jumper has been shrinking and this should be of as much concern.