Gilbert expected to be linked to NZ assualt (not convinced)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert expected to be linked to NZ assualt (not convinced)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 5999134698

THE Saints are facing fresh controversy today from across the Tasman as a war of words erupts over the club's controversial pre-season training camp.

St Kilda defender Sam Gilbert is expected to be linked to assault allegations in the alpine party town Queenstown.

Queenstown newspaper Mountain Scene says it will publish a damning report this afternoon alleging Gilbert attacked restaurant owner Danny Carson after he allegedly caught him urinating on a shop displaying All Blacks jerseys.

St Kilda football manager Greg Hutchison vehemently denied the allegations last night, claiming Gilbert was in bed at the time.

In the yet-to-be-published article obtained by the Herald Sun, the 53-year-old claims Gilbert "slammed" him to the ground after a verbal exchange outside a sports shop about 1.30am on January 23.
Last edited by SainterK on Thu 03 Feb 2011 11:55am, edited 1 time in total.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

I doubt that we would have said flat out that he wasn't involved if he was.

Lying would just make things worse.

In my opinion The St Kilda Football Club (not the players) would be doing everything to make sure the don't create anymore scandals they would have admitted that Gilbert was involved if it were true.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Yes, if there was any truth to it....I would be more inclined to believe it was one the trio, who's features perhaps resembled Gilbert to a non AFL following local?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gilbert expected to be linked to NZ assualt (Please no)

SainterK wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 5999134698

THE Saints are facing fresh controversy today from across the Tasman as a war of words erupts over the club's controversial pre-season training camp.

St Kilda defender Sam Gilbert is expected to be linked to assault allegations in the alpine party town Queenstown.

Queenstown newspaper Mountain Scene says it will publish a damning report this afternoon alleging Gilbert attacked restaurant owner Danny Carson after he allegedly caught him urinating on a shop displaying All Blacks jerseys.

St Kilda football manager Greg Hutchison vehemently denied the allegations last night, claiming Gilbert was in bed at the time.

In the yet-to-be-published article obtained by the Herald Sun, the 53-year-old claims Gilbert "slammed" him to the ground after a verbal exchange outside a sports shop about 1.30am on January 23.
Here's an article from the Mountain Scene SainterK

http://www.scene.co.nz/local-claims-aus ... 777a1.page

"....A local man, who doesn’t want to be named, claims he pulled Gilbert off Carson to break up the scuffle. Mike Barnes, a bouncer for neighbouring bar Chico’s, says he saw Carson soon after with “blood on his headâ€

goodie
Club Player

Don't buy it. Those kind of hours suggest breaking curfew, if he did that he'd be sidelined for six weeks as well.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

goodie wrote:Don't buy it. Those kind of hours suggest breaking curfew, if he did that he'd be sidelined for six weeks as well.
Saints definite SG was asleep in his room at the time.

Don't forget he was apparently rooming with the skipper!

I don't think the "Mountain Scene" article has much credibility the more I read it.

And note this comment:

"As a result of Carson’s allegations, Hutchison says the team – who he reckons spent $250,000 in Queenstown – “won’t be coming backâ€

markp
Saintsational Legend

Hmmmm... firstly, you're not peeing on a jumper if it's behind glass... secondly, you're hardly going to break mid-pee to jump on someone... thirdly, the guy says he called him a mongrel and asked him WTF he was doing, which is not wise at that hour... fourthly, considering how they came down on the other four peanuts with a sledgehammer, I don't see how they'd so vehemently refute this if any of the story added up.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

The trouble with scandal is, once you get a run of it, it generates its own momentum.

At this point the club is open to any half-wit who wants to take a pot shot or try a bit of extortion.

The complainant hasn't gone to the police, and you have to ask the question "why not". How reliable is his identification of the assailant?

Let's see what they run with this afternoon.

What really disgusts me is how eager the Hun is to continue running stories off the slightest sniff, this is in my opinion starting to cross over from "reporting the news" to an orchestrated attack on the club.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

So what, i would have done the same

Another opportunity awaits!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

This is taking on comical proportions now. no doubt a cub reporter trying to make up a story. i love how the story involves urinating in the vicinity of all blacks jerseys. as someone who lived in nz and has been to queenstown on several occassions this is kind of like going to the vatican and peeing on the basilica. the way kiwis revere the all blacks is just borderline insane.

but sounds made up for sure. the all-blacks jerseys are just thrown in to up the ante like something religious. and kiwis hate us aussie. they have massive chip on their shoulder. so any excuse to make us look bad. id be 99% sure this is utter crap.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:This is taking on comical proportions now. no doubt a cub reporter trying to make up a story. i love how the story involves urinating in the vicinity of all blacks jerseys. as someone who lived in nz and has been to queenstown on several occassions this is kind of like going to the vatican and peeing on the basilica. the way kiwis revere the all blacks is just borderline insane.

but sounds made up for sure. the all-blacks jerseys are just thrown in to up the ante like something religious. and kiwis hate us aussie. they have massive chip on their shoulder. so any excuse to make us look bad. id be 99% sure this is utter crap.
Apparently just before he desecrated the rugby jumpers a moa bird, thought to be extinct for a couple of hundred years, emerged from the scrub and sauntered along the street.

SG being a bit peckish, from a mixture of alcohol, sleeping pills and crack cocaine, promptly picked up the bird and, after having simulated sex with it, threw it on the barbie back at the hotel.

Don't worry Con, it's all gonna come out :shock:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

got it all on camera too :P

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:This is taking on comical proportions now. no doubt a cub reporter trying to make up a story. i love how the story involves urinating in the vicinity of all blacks jerseys. as someone who lived in nz and has been to queenstown on several occassions this is kind of like going to the vatican and peeing on the basilica. the way kiwis revere the all blacks is just borderline insane.

Apparently just before he desecrated the rugby jumpers a moa bird, thought to be extinct for a couple of hundred years, emerged from the scrub and sauntered along the street.

SG being a bit peckish, from a mixture of alcohol, sleeping pills and crack cocaine, promptly picked up the bird and, after having simulated sex with it, threw it on the barbie back at the hotel.

UPDATE: Apparently the above rumour is not 100% correct.

It now appears the sex was not simulated :shock: :shock: :shock:

On a brighter note, with the moa being a prehistoric creature, SG has no concerns over the age of this bird :wink:

Reggie
Club Player

He's also has a second recollection of events
http://www.odt.co.nz/your-town/queensto ... man-claims

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Reggie wrote:He's also has a second recollection of events
"Mr Carson says he will not lodge a complaint with police because it goes against his "Westie" philosophy.

"The reason I haven't complained to police is that I've been living in Queenstown for 20 years; prior to that, I'm from West Auckland and if you confront somebody and get the slap, you deal with it there and then. I'm a Westie - we don't involve the police," he said.'

Interesting this "Westie" philosophy. I wonder if our local library has a current copy of it?

Obviously it does support involving the media and having a big bleat to them! :roll:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

lol at age

:lol:

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Reggie wrote:He's also has a second recollection of events
"Mr Carson says he will not lodge a complaint with police because it goes against his "Westie" philosophy.

"The reason I haven't complained to police is that I've been living in Queenstown for 20 years; prior to that, I'm from West Auckland and if you confront somebody and get the slap, you deal with it there and then. I'm a Westie - we don't involve the police," he said.'

Interesting this "Westie" philosophy. I wonder if our local library has a current copy of it?

Obviously it does support involving the media and having a big bleat to them! :roll:
Or putting a price on his silence...
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 5999134698
Mr Hutchison claimed Mr Carson demanded an apology and two football jerseys in exchange for his silence.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:

thats hilarious! :lol: :lol: :lol:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

lol
two footy jumpers

did he ask for 'em signed?

pratt

St Lenny
Club Player

So he "allegedly" peed on an all blacks jumper. So where was it, just sitting on the ground? Doesnt make sense.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

magic
held on so long it pierced a hole in the glass of the front shop window it was behind.

now thats what i call busting

boom boom 8-)

Middo
Club Player

InkerSaint wrote:The trouble with scandal is, once you get a run of it, it generates its own momentum.

At this point the club is open to any half-wit who wants to take a pot shot or try a bit of extortion.

The complainant hasn't gone to the police, and you have to ask the question "why not". How reliable is his identification of the assailant?

What really disgusts me is how eager the Hun is to continue running stories off the slightest sniff, this is in my opinion starting to cross over from "reporting the news" to an orchestrated attack on the club.
Shhhhhh Plugger will hear you ..... :!:

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote:
InkerSaint wrote:The trouble with scandal is, once you get a run of it, it generates its own momentum.

Shhhhhh Plugger will hear you ..... :!:
Look in the 'top stories' column of any online paper and St Kilda is firmly ensconced. Bogans eat this s*** for breakfast. It's in the papers interest to dress up spurious scandal as fact. It's not rocket science. Same applies to any Melbourne club with a significant membership and without media identity executives.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Just heard that fool Hinch on 3AW and of course he's all over this.

I'll keep this short as I'm on the road but the upshot is:

Interviewed the accuser from NZ.
Fully accepts his story (why would he lie?)
Proceeded to take calls from anti Saints callers
When a lady rang supporting the club and querying why the NZ bloke's story should be accepted and not the club's he said why would a person lie? When the lady then referred to KD he got real stroppy, said she never lied and cut the lady off.

The moral crusader finally left that story and started fawning over Pamela Anderson!

Later on Greg Hutchinson rang through and Hinch was very aggressive towards him before cutting him off for the 6 o'clock news.

Healy and what's his face now running with it. :roll:

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Club says Gilbo was in bed

NZ cops say the accuser is a "TOOL" with priors for similar type incidents/behaviours

NO STORY !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!