Rober Walls Sainst Recruiting Terrible last 5 yrs...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Rober Walls Sainst Recruiting Terrible last 5 yrs...

And then says.....why havent they drafted the likes of Beams/Sidebottom?

Does this guy have mental issues? What a ferkin moron.

Followed by Tim Lane -"I cant see where St Kilda's improvement will come from".

This is the guy who declared Geelong finished LAST NAB CUP?........does anyone in the AFL media boys club EVER hold these morons accountable? Just once does anyone perhaps mention they do some homework/check facts? FFS.......theyre supposed to be "special comments"......

Shyte.

“Yeah….nah””
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

serioulsy i dont gt these commentators making such big statments this early in the season ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Buckets
SS Life Member

They just say what ever they think and then recant later on. Hell Lane has the biggest moronic call of the last few years when he claimed we were seeing the end of the Cats in the game against the doggies in which they then proceeded to prove him wrong to the whole Football community.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

such terrible drafting over the last 5 years but we were within a kick of two grand finals :roll:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:serioulsy i dont gt these commentators making such big statments this early in the season ...
They'll be back on us when we win Rd 1.....Walls will be "I think this side can go all the way..." and Lane will be admiring our toughness.....

Id just like someone to pipe up with " 2 weeks ago they were duds?"

Who is Tim Lane blowin at 10to keep his job as a poor mans Denis Commetti? He musy be awful good on his knees Tim...

“Yeah….nah””
noob
Club Player

well there isn't many players that have made match winning performances (that have been recruited) in the last 5-7 years. I only can think of Gilbert and Jones. The rest have been recycled.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

noob wrote:well there isn't many players that have made match winning performances (that have been recruited) in the last 5-7 years. I only can think of Gilbert and Jones. The rest have been recycled.
Do you judge recruiting performance on the teams overall performance or individuals?

“Yeah….nah””
BallBanger
Club Player

Agree, good developing kids has been ignored for immediate success for tooo long

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Walls = Hinch

lurker#134
Club Player

noob wrote:well there isn't many players that have made match winning performances (that have been recruited) in the last 5-7 years. I only can think of Gilbert and Jones. The rest have been recycled.
Jack Steven vs Geelong H&A last year.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

lurker#134 wrote:
Jack Steven vs Geelong H&A last year.
big ben gave us a draw last year

noob
Club Player

I judge the recruiting performance failure to produce class footballers. We haven't had a kid for a very long long time were we think he has a big future. Last few years we've been rating players on 'potential'. Personally I think our recruiting on the young have been poor but our recycled players have been valuable.. but I credit Ross for us getting to those grand finals with the team we've had.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

noob wrote:I judge the recruiting performance failure to produce class footballers. We haven't had a kid for a very long long time were we think he has a big future. Last few years we've been rating players on 'potential'. Personally I think our recruiting on the young have been poor but our recycled players have been valuable.. but I credit Ross for us getting to those grand finals with the team we've had.
bit hard to draft a Scully or a Swallow with pick 16 though

noob
Club Player

Jack Steven is still there abouts but im not sure how far he will go with limited time in the 1s. Although I must say I don't know what his role will be in the team in a couple of years time as a forward or part of the midfield?? Sorry I did forget about McEvoy I think he will be a player.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I can't stand Walls and Lane, but it is true that we haven't done well out of the draft. Although Armo looked pretty good again tonight. But Lynch doesn't look anything like a first round draft pick going into his third season. And Johnson and Simpkin don't look like anything much.

So far, Armo looks like the one to step up for me. Otherwise, except where there are injuries, I reckon it's going to be same old, same old in 2011.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Buckets
SS Life Member

noob wrote:I judge the recruiting performance failure to produce class footballers. We haven't had a kid for a very long long time were we think he has a big future. Last few years we've been rating players on 'potential'. Personally I think our recruiting on the young have been poor but our recycled players have been valuable.. but I credit Ross for us getting to those grand finals with the team we've had.
Am I right in suggesting that Ben has been the last top 10 pick that we have had???? The rest would all be 20 and above?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:
Am I right in suggesting that Ben has been the last top 10 pick that we have had???? The rest would all be 20 and above?
nah i think Lynch was top 20 ..

noob
Club Player

Yes that's true St Trav.... I don't know. Maybe we've just been unlucky with the recruiting.

Buckets
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Buckets wrote:
nah i think Lynch was top 20 ..
He recruited as a KPP? If so that means that the 2 highest picks in the last 4 years are KPP who take longer to mature?

noob
Club Player

I had played a lot of junior footy against tom lynch till probably about 16s-17s didn't realise he'd get so high to be honest. Hope he proves me wrong

PJ
SS Life Member

When are people going to stop rating players as having failed when they haven't debuted yet? FFFFFFFFS. Yep they're all duds - haven't played much but hell that never stopped a good back bencher from sticking the boots in.

When they've played 50 games you can measure their potential - get it Friday's F***wit!!!

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

noob wrote:Yes that's true St Trav.... I don't know. Maybe we've just been unlucky with the recruiting.
im not too sure we got alot of guys who were drafted with the focus of playing in their third year guys like Winmar was never going to play in his first year ... i actually thing our kids are comming along nicely with many of them bashing down the door for selection .... remember it wasnt that long ago we had the likes of Ferguson Sweeney Mcgough Birss and Brooks all sitting in the ressies doing nothing to push for selection ....

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:When are people going to stop rating players as having failed when they haven't debuted yet? FFFFFFFFS. Yep they're all duds - haven't played much but hell that never stopped a good back bencher from sticking the boots in.

When they've played 50 games you can measure their potential - get it Friday's F***wit!!!
I think with Lynch the word is "if" they play 50 games. I doubt he will. Hope I'm wrong.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
degruch
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
noob wrote:Yes that's true St Trav.... I don't know. Maybe we've just been unlucky with the recruiting.
im not too sure we got alot of guys who were drafted with the focus of playing in their third year guys like Winmar was never going to play in his first year ... i actually thing our kids are comming along nicely with many of them bashing down the door for selection .... remember it wasnt that long ago we had the likes of Ferguson Sweeney Mcgough Birss and Brooks all sitting in the ressies doing nothing to push for selection ....
All that is true. I have more idea than Wallsy...a pre-season throw away line is the fairest summation of that comment I can provide. He'll regret it in the morning.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
PJ wrote:When are people going to stop rating players as having failed when they haven't debuted yet? FFFFFFFFS. Yep they're all duds - haven't played much but hell that never stopped a good back bencher from sticking the boots in.

I think with Lynch the word is "if" they play 50 games. I doubt he will. Hope I'm wrong.
again thats the gamble you take with the draft