Anthony Dowsley

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Anthony Dowsley

You have a LOOOOONG way to go before you can call yourself a journalist.
Make sure you engage your brain before your fingers!

Another opportunity awaits!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Anthony Dowsley

Moccha wrote:You have a LOOOOONG way to go before you can call yourself a journalist.
Or any other of your extremities :wink:

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Moccha wrote:You have a LOOOOONG way to go before you can call yourself a journalist.
If it's anything like the size of his brain he'd need a magnifying glass to find it

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

What has he done wrong? Did I miss something?
I thought all he did was release the KD and Nixon stuff.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:What has he done wrong? Did I miss something?
What has he done wrong?

Nothing much.

Just forgot to check any facts!!!

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:What has he done wrong? Did I miss something?
He gave air time to that 16 yo "child" that can't be named

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
If it's anything like the size of his brain he'd need a magnifying glass to find it
Anthony Douchley

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Who has (possibly) been sleeping with and taking drugs with a high profile player manager. Anthony Dowsley told the story. I don't see what your problem is. He is paid to do this.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:Who has (possibly) been sleeping with and taking drugs with a high profile player manager. Anthony Dowsley told the story. I don't see what your problem is. He is paid to do this.
So you think his job does not by it's very nature incorporate at least an element of research?

That is, there is no need on his part to corroborate the truth of any single 'victim' allegations

In other words he can just report whatever, whenever, however.

Interesting angle.

Respectfully, I disagree.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
savatage
SS Life Member

I got into an arguement with an alien last night. True story.

Please publish & give me a five figure sum.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:Who has (possibly) been sleeping with and taking drugs with a high profile player manager. Anthony Dowsley told the story. I don't see what your problem is. He is paid to do this.
Leaving aside for a moment the photos, which would have come out and would have caused controversy.

This girl's story got coverage simply because she claimed to be pregnant, not just because she had sex with a player. Remember "Pregnant Schoolgirl!"

The media, including Douchley, were happy to run with this without requiring any proof.

Now that the lie has been exposed they're already turning on Demetriou "AFL Chief knew girl wasn't pregnant" etc. In fact AD has simply stated he had doubts.

It was the media that grew the story and it was their responsibility, and no one else's, to ensure it was correct.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Leaving aside for a moment the photos, which would have come out and would have caused controversy.

This girl's story got coverage simply because she claimed to be pregnant, not just because she had sex with a player. Remember "Pregnant Schoolgirl!"

The media, including Douchley, were happy to run with this without requiring any proof.

Now that the lie has been exposed they're already turning on Demetriou "AFL Chief knew girl wasn't pregnant" etc. In fact AD has simply stated he had doubts.

It was the media that grew the story and it was their responsibility, and no one else's, to ensure it was correct.
Exactly, grew like a cancer

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote:
So you think his job does not by it's very nature incorporate at least an element of research?

That is, there is no need on his part to corroborate the truth of any single 'victim' allegations

Interesting angle.

i fully get where you are coming from but I believe his "story" was to out the relationship between Kim and Nixon. Which he successfully did. For this "story" there has obviously been research done.

People need to realise that newspapers arn't about giving people the news anymore. It is about selling newspapers. Hence the dramatic way the articles are written, the giant eye catching photo's and even right down to the liftout sections for sport, dining, real estate etc.

If you just want the news read the Australian (best of a bad lot).

So my long winded point is ............... Anthony Dowsley is paid to write articles designed at selling newspapers and a story about a 17 year old and 40 something year old player manager who have had public spats before will Sell big time.

You can't blame Anthony Dowsley for doing what he is paid to do!

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

He loaded a gun and handed it to a disturbed and vunerable child.

So to speak, of course.

Her life is stuffed and will be for some time. The press who led her into the biggest part of this mess, manipulated her and the situation, in order to profit from it.

Throughout the whole thing, the masses were screaming for everyone to think of the poor child! Help her!

So what do the Herald-Sun do? Hold her hand whilst she roots a 47yo lunatic!

However, the reality is that this bloke is probably a hero at his workplace, for selling so many papers.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote: You can't blame Anthony Dowsley for doing what he is paid to do!
Hitler's men were paid to do stuff to.

Everyone has choices.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

While it's probably a stretch to say that a HS reporter is paid to investigate & report the facts of what actually happened, it's reasonable as a reader to expect that pertinent questions are asked.

Dowsley (of course on the instructions of his masters) has happily avoided any investigation into the facts of the story (maybe he was too busy with entrapment).

Dowsley is simply another name to add to the ever growing list of gutter trawling media.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:
Thinline wrote:

Interesting angle.

i fully get where you are coming from but I believe his "story" was to out the relationship between Kim and Nixon. Which he successfully did. For this "story" there has obviously been research done.

People need to realise that newspapers arn't about giving people the news anymore. It is about selling newspapers. Hence the dramatic way the articles are written, the giant eye catching photo's and even right down to the liftout sections for sport, dining, real estate etc.

So my long winded point is ............... Anthony Dowsley is paid to write articles designed at selling newspapers and a story about a 17 year old and 40 something year old player manager who have had public spats before will Sell big time.

Douchley was involved with KD way before the Nixon stuff broke.

If I recall correctly, he shared a cab with her from the airport when she flew back to Melbourne for the Saints injunction hearing. He took her side of the story from the outset without bothering to look into any facts.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:
Thinline wrote:

Interesting angle.

If I recall correctly, he shared a cab with her from the airport when she flew back to Melbourne for the Saints injunction hearing. He took her side of the story from the outset without bothering to look into any facts.
Wouldn't it just be beautiful if KD turned on Dowsley & allegations of an inappropriate sexual relationship with him surfaced?

ANY man who has had ANY contact with this girl would be sh1tting like a big black alsatian now.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:
Thinline wrote:

Interesting angle.

Wouldn't it just be beautiful if KD turned on Dowsley & allegations of an inappropriate sexual relationship with him surfaced?

ANY man who has had ANY contact with this girl would be sh1tting like a big black alsatian now.
Indeed. He may well have dug deep for the inside story :wink:

starsign
Club Player

I think he may well yet be investigated, along with her, for breaches of the surveillance act

She may well claim he put her up to it and paid her also!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote:I think he may well yet be investigated, along with her, for breaches of the surveillance act

Bingo!

All may not be well in the 'relationship' between the 'schoolgirl' and the HS.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The Herald Sun will be uncovered for breaches of the surveillance act and it will put a retraction on page 133 on a Tuesday with unreserved apologies for any way in which they were mislead.

The Journos that did a Ricky on her will forget to investigate themselves, but we will have the whole sorry episode behind us.

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

starsign wrote:I think he may well yet be investigated, along with her, for breaches of the surveillance act

I recall there was a text message from KD to Dowsley early in the morning of the said day that went something like - "AD he is in my room now".
Does that not indicate a "set up".

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

lol - journalistic integrity and News Corp are mutually exclusive.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
axcellence
Club Player