ill be fuming

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

ill be fuming

if lynch and steven arent picked this week.

the coach just seems to go back to what he knows when under pressure and everyone in the footy world except him can see that wont work anymore.

he needs to let go of the past. past means nothing now. and embark on a brave new fwd journey.

lets be bold and fwd looking. we cant live on past performance. steven in for lendog. lynch to hbf and persist with gilbo fwd (as the coach promised).

show faith in gilbo fwd and bring the fans and him along for the ride. some positivity ffs.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

I agree with all of that very strongly

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con do you happen to know how they both pulled up especially Steven who has an issue with his groins. easy to say they should play without the inside knowledge of certain issues. Also the fact that Kosi and Schneider will be available means yo want at least 4 changes.

Having seen RL coach for 5 years suggest at least 4 changes isnt on the cards especially as you also need team balance. Can those 4 guys come into the side and still have team balance. if they do then Archer has to be dropped then people will whinge that we dropped a new player after one game and RL has no faith in young guys.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Further to plungers points, we were down two players Vs Sandy due to Cahill and Gearys early injuries, so a lot of magoo players were very sore due to extra game time. Plus the ground surface was shyte according to RL.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

I reckon the nine day break will come in handy though... Totally agree that Steven & Lynch need to come in, along with Schneider.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:I reckon the nine day break will come in handy though... Totally agree that Steven & Lynch need to come in, along with Schneider.
Sounds about right, perhaps Johnson if Lyon loses his head, smokes some funky stuff, and makes an unheard of 4 changes!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:I reckon the nine day break will come in handy though... Totally agree that Steven & Lynch need to come in, along with Schneider.
Sounds about right, perhaps Johnson if Lyon loses his head, smokes some funky stuff, and makes an unheard of 4 changes!
I reckon half the time at the selection table he must have been smoking some pretty funky stuff... Maybe 3 changes this week and then another couple after the bye. Do like the idea of Johnson up forward over Archer.. At least he has shown he can kick goals..

matrix
Saintsational Legend

eddie and mini in

lenny and dempster out

no kids will play imo

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Eddy and Mini both poor yesterday. Did their chances no good. Lynch was good. but do we need another backman? Johnson should come in at Archers expense.

sainterinsydney
Club Player

If Eddy and McQ are in the team next week, we may as well not bother turning up. How many times do you have to play Essendon with the same team that we always have and not realise maybe a change is required after losing to them each time? Isn't the definition of madness doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result?

I'm getting real tired of the usual suspects getting a chance week in and week out even though they have crap games. Didn't Lyon say that you earn your spot via merit? Why is it that as soon as one of the kids make one little mistake they are out straight away, whereas McQ or Dempster continually put in poor games and get selected the next week. We will never win a premiership if we continue with this ultra-conservative path.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Con do you happen to know how they both pulled up especially Steven who has an issue with his groins. easy to say they should play without the inside knowledge of certain issues. Also the fact that Kosi and Schneider will be available means yo want at least 4 changes.

Having seen RL coach for 5 years suggest at least 4 changes isnt on the cards especially as you also need team balance. Can those 4 guys come into the side and still have team balance. if they do then Archer has to be dropped then people will whinge that we dropped a new player after one game and RL has no faith in young guys.
obviously injuries aside.

if eddv and mcqualter come in it would display genuine psychological issues with the coach. if u were a steven or a lynch or even a smith youd be privately thinking why do I f*cking bother?

Young players arent stupid. They watch games. And blind freddy can see mcqualter, eddy and dempster have answered to different criteria than everyone else.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sun 03 Apr 2011 2:05pm, edited 2 times in total.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

I'll be fuming if anybody gets elevated ahead of Walsh, in fact I'll eat my scarf if Eddy gets elevated!

Kosi ready to come in? He's a player that will get full game time. I reckon they'll stick to a round 5 return for him.

Play Steven as a sub if he can't run out a game. Going on yesterday's output he is exactly what we need right now.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
sainterinsydney
Club Player

The bottom line: we must have speed against Essendon! We can't have old and slow players going up against Essendon. We don't need to make wholesale changes, but we definitely need guys like Steven, Johnson, Lynch and possibly Cripps. We have to roll the dice; otherwise, we will just lose to them like we have the last 5 times.

I can't be the only one thinking this?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sainterinsydney wrote:The bottom line: we must have speed against Essendon! We can't have old and slow players going up against Essendon. We don't need to make wholesale changes, but we definitely need guys like Steven, Johnson, Lynch and possibly Cripps. We have to roll the dice; otherwise, we will just lose to them like we have the last 5 times.

So no Schneider or Kosi? Surely if fit they play.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

sainterinsydney wrote:The bottom line: we must have speed against Essendon! We can't have old and slow players going up against Essendon. We don't need to make wholesale changes, but we definitely need guys like Steven, Johnson, Lynch and possibly Cripps. We have to roll the dice; otherwise, we will just lose to them like we have the last 5 times.

You aren't the only one.

Essendons speeds rips us to pieces all the time.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
sainterinsydney
Club Player

Schneider has toe, so I would play him if he is fit. However, I think Kosi would be too slow for the Bombers, especially considering he is not match fit, which will only compound his lack of toe to begin with. I think you really need a fast and mobile team for Essendon, so you can pressure them and force them to make errors.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Lynch and Schneider for Dempster and Hayes seems fairly obvious to me. I reckon Milne and Schneider can rotate through the middle and their skills by foot will help.

Good to see Steven putting his hand up, but not sure who he nudges out. Peake or Ray? Perhaps the former. I thought Ray's effort was okay.

Kosi, surely, will require a gallop or two at Sandy. Archer stays for now. If they do bring in an underdone Kosi it's for an underwhelming kid, so all evens there.

If not either, maybe they reckon Stanley's leap may in some way negate Ryder's influence. Can't see it personally. Stanley does nothing way too often.

So I'll go:

IN: Lynch Schneider Steven

OUT: Dempster Hayes (inj) Peake

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
sainterinsydney
Club Player

I'd be happy with those changes. However, Will Johnson could possibly be given a try in the forward line, but that would be a gamble more than anything.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Schneider absolutely needs to play. Why isn't he? Recovering from injury?

sainterinsydney
Club Player

He was serving two week ban from GF2.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Sounds unanamous that an injection of new blood needs to be tried and we know that increased pace is needed against Essendon.

Don't forget their big man power of Ryder & Hill, which may make Kosi a consideration.

Steven if fit (8 day break) sounds right and after yesterday, Lynch for Dempster. Sneider in also. Peake has pace and will stay for this week. 8-)

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Without Lendog we have to fast track some youth if we are to have one last outside chance at challenging again next year.

Surely it's time,if not, I won't bother

Bring back the Lockett era
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Without Lendog we have to fast track some youth if we are to have one last outside chance at challenging again next year.

Wont bother with what?

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
jonesy wrote:Without Lendog we have to fast track some youth if we are to have one last outside chance at challenging again next year.

Wont bother with what?
Caring. I've lost my mojo

Bring back the Lockett era
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Wont bother with what?
I've lost my mojo
What did it look like

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.