Is Gram now a forward?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Is Gram now a forward?

Looked sharp in front of goal in that second half. He no longer has the pace he once possessed to run off half-back ala Aussie Jones. Not to mention, his defensive skills are no longer up to scatch.

Leave him up forward, I say.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He played hbf all night.....played pretty well...he is far from the biggest problem....

We cannot have 20 david armitages......balance is everything

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Gram missed tackles and shirked contests. Good on him for finishing well sometimes, but he should talk to Lenny about consistent effort.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
goddardisgod
Club Player

Re: Is Gram now a forward?

Sainternist wrote:Looked sharp in front of goal in that second half. He no longer has the pace he once possessed to run off half-back ala Aussie Jones. Not to mention, his defensive skills are no longer up to scatch.

Ees problem. Something like 7 I50 tackles. Gram would not eemprove.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

dcstkfc wrote:Gram missed tackles and shirked contests. Good on him for finishing well sometimes, but he should talk to Lenny about consistent effort.
I love this line trotted out every week by some ""ëxpert

Can you actually post acouple of the shirked contests rather than just generalise

Yes channel 7 showed a play where he flung his hand out to tackle but if you were ACTUALLY watching you would have seen that in the slippery condition he had gone past the player and had no chance of ever laying a tackle

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

goddardisgod wrote:
Sainternist wrote:Looked sharp in front of goal in that second half. He no longer has the pace he once possessed to run off half-back ala Aussie Jones. Not to mention, his defensive skills are no longer up to scatch.

English please. Oh and Gram is still the worst kick in the comp.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
goddardisgod wrote:

Absolutely, but if he gets 30 of them a game, according to some, he justifies his position in the side. Up until the start of the third, I was still wondering why we'd selected him again.

bendigo bob
Club Player

terry smith rules wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:Gram missed tackles and shirked contests. Good on him for finishing well sometimes, but he should talk to Lenny about consistent effort.
I love this line trotted out every week by some ""ëxpert

Can you actually post acouple of the shirked contests rather than just generalise

Yes channel 7 showed a play where he flung his hand out to tackle but if you were ACTUALLY watching you would have seen that in the slippery condition he had gone past the player and had no chance of ever laying a tackle
I cant describe them all because there were quite a few examples tonight. All players will miss tackles at some stage during a game but Gram appears to lack the intensity required to go in and get a hard ball. This however could be said about several of our players this year and as such we are lacking the team intensity which was our trademark during 2009 and 2010

BJ has arrived!!!!!!!!!!

BJ's #1 Fan

Winner of the half time Social Club auction for Kosi's jumper Round 19 2005
Can we build it? Yes we can!!
SaintDippa
Club Player

I understand that not everyone can be in-and-under but Gram gives the term 'outside' midfielder an new definition. Swear most of his footy tonight was played on Stanley St. Softest player in the AFL.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

SaintDippa wrote:I understand that not everyone can be in-and-under but Gram gives the term 'outside' midfielder an new definition. Swear most of his footy tonight was played on Stanley St. Softest player in the AFL.
It's a tough one. I respect the courage of anyone who takes the field to play Australian rules football, but sometimes you do wonder...

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
sendmehomehappy
Club Player

Velvet soap soft!

Get those tats coloured in...maybe that will make the difference.

goddardisgod
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:
goddardisgod wrote:

Я не говорю по английски.
Говорите ли вы Россию?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

goddardisgod wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
goddardisgod wrote:

Говорите ли вы Россию?
Very good.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SaintDippa wrote:I understand that not everyone can be in-and-under but Gram gives the term 'outside' midfielder an new definition. Swear most of his footy tonight was played on Stanley St. Softest player in the AFL.
You would have laid on the ground and cried like a baby if Merrett hit you like he hit Gram.

To Grams credit he was getting back up before he had finished going down.

But I suppose you and the other hero's on here who have never been hit like that would say he couldn't "shirk" that hit :roll:

Yes his intensity is down, and he needs to hit harder in tackles, but I would put his courage up against anyone of his critics on a bloody internet forum :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintslegendLH
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
You would have laid on the ground and cried like a baby if Merrett hit you like he hit Gram.

To Grams credit he was getting back up before he had finished going down.

But I suppose you and the other hero's on here who have never been hit like that would say he couldn't "shirk" that hit :roll:

Yes his intensity is down, and he needs to hit harder in tackles, but I would put his courage up against anyone of his critics on a bloody internet forum :roll:
exactly!

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I thought he played well over all, although may now be suited to HFF or Wing rahter than defence. Did well enough to hold his spot. Several others did'nt.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Gram played hbf.......and ran hard fwd

Scnieder and steven played hf

Schnieder pushed high.....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Gram played hbf.......and ran hard fwd

I have no idea how you can call that from TV.

saintslegendLH
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:Gram played hbf.......and ran hard fwd

I have no idea how you can call that from TV.
impossible to tell on the tv, no one can ever tell what the hell ross is doing. From what i saw, i thought steven was playing hf and snieder was swapping with mini hf/on the ball. also i thought gram was playing wing for the last quarter, but again you can never tell.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

goddardisgod wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
goddardisgod wrote:

Говорите ли вы Россию?

No I don't.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I sniff a troll....

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Vulture St.

Get your facts right.

That was where his on the full kicks were headed.

By the way, there is s great little Indian takeaway on Vulture St outside Gate 5 right next to the packed (at half time) 7Eleven that had a $5 Pie & coke deal!!!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
I sniff a troll....
What's with your new avatar Pav?

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Didn't look like he shirked it when he got straight up after big Merrett barrelled him with an arm to the chest on the boundary.

Yep he doesn't really like body contact much, maybe his role is to give consistent run and carry and kick critical goals when they're needed.

Hold your ground :shock:
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
I sniff a troll....
What's with your new avatar Pav?
My attempt at art. It helps me deal with the pain.