The House of Cards is Falling

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

twirlyhair
Club Player

The House of Cards is Falling

Poor recruiting, over reliance on a few A grade players , players who lack professionalism, a game plan that lacks variety and imagination and inevitabley it is falling apart. Last year was a mirage. We were not that good, and certainly not a worthy premiership side. And now with the winds of change, our house is being blown apart. Questions must be asked of the administration, the coach, the players and all those who were sucked in.

baf
Club Player

at least with free agency comming in next year no one will want any of or players

casey scorp
Club Player

As I said a couple of years ago, our move to Seaford would coincide with our slip down the ladder.

At least had we redeveloped at Moorabbin we would have been in a better location.

Now disillusioned players will begrudge even more the remoteness of the isolated Linen House Oval.

It will not be a happy camp.

Why, o why, would we go to an isolated remote location like Seaford.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

casey scorp wrote:As I said a couple of years ago, our move to Seaford would coincide with our slip down the ladder.

At least had we redeveloped at Moorabbin we would have been in a better location.

Now disillusioned players will begrudge even more the remoteness of the isolated Linen House Oval.

Now that's one post I can take home and feed to the roses. :roll:

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I just can't believe people watched last night and their first thought was 'seaford'

Seriously?

I lean towards words like 'sad' personally.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I just can't believe people watched last night and their first thought was 'seaford'

Seriously?

I lean towards words like 'sad' personally.
It would seem that the move to Seaford is draining our strapping young players of their vital bodily essences.

I smell a conspiracy! I haven't been to Seaford Oval, does it feature a grassy knoll?

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

The old ways return so quickly

Now everyone, close your eyes, count to five and then panic as hard as you can. Now open your eyes. Gee, nothing's changed, but we should just keep panicking. That will fix everything. Tear down everything this club has spent the past decade building up. That's right, remember when Butterss and GT took over, we were in our familiar place at or near the bottom of the ladder. Losers, pitied and patronised in equal measure by the rest of the competition.

Fast forward to 2011, and in the past seven years we've played in 5 preliminary finals and three Grand Finals and twice come within a lucky bounce of a premiership. In 2009-10 we won more games than any other club in the competition. We have a financially viable and stable club, record membership and state of the art training facilities, even if they are in woop-woop. We have a great on field leadership team and one of the most astute and well performed coaches in the competition.

Cast your minds back to the late 70's, the 80's, the late 90's and early noughties. Not much fun was it? The reason the club performed so poorly was instability in every facet of its operations. We willingly and prematurely traded away players who went on to become premiership players elsewhere, we sacked coaches at the drop of a hat, not to mention the blood spilled in back-room committee led coups. We were a rabble and a joke.

Over the past eight years we have gained new-found respect. We are no longer pitied, but despised. We were the second most watched team in the competition last year, despite being labeled "unwatchable". We have some clout now, where before there was none. All of this because we have brought stability to the place. Even the Butterss/GT transition was handled better than any other club could've managed.

So please fellow sainters, let's not return to the "old ways". The flogging in GF2 last year ensured we were in for a tough time in 2011. The scars are obviously deep and you'd expect them to be. We may, and probably will, lose a year because of the damage that's been done. The upside is this group still has plenty to offer and as we saw in 2008-09, the turnaround can be swift. Remember when everyone wrote us off at the end of '08 as not being anywhere near Hawthorn and Geelong? Looked what happened just a few months later.

We can turn it around, but it won't be easy. Please repay the joy we've experienced over the past eight or so years with some patience and faith. One thing I do know for sure, panic is usually what precedes someone's demise.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Solar
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:As I said a couple of years ago, our move to Seaford would coincide with our slip down the ladder.

by that logic are melbourne slipping backwards because they train over summer at casey and play with a outer suburban club? What rubbish!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
spert
Saintsational Legend

I got a flat tyre on the car the other night, and I got out and immediately thought..Seaford!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Whilst in a fairly numbed state of mind at the minute, because of a poor start to our season, I have to commend the post of White Winmar, and add my comment that if we honestly believe that our woes can be blamed on a change of postcode for our training ground, then truly we ARE in the schitt!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

where the f*** is casey...ffs......that's hillbilly country...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

"where the F*** is casey?" Sting? Its where the fevster now struts his stuff :wink: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:"where the F*** is casey?" Sting? Its where the fevster now struts his stuff :wink: :lol:
It's quite unfair to suggest Fev is a hillbilly.

Unfair, that is, to hillbillies.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:

by that logic are melbourne slipping backwards because they train over summer at casey and play with a outer suburban club? What rubbish!
Funny Casey Scorp, you never said that when you wanted the Saints to train in Cranbourne ...but Seaford makes it all so different..... rubbish...

ever considered that the club has had to rotten media filled off seasons in a row after losing 2 premierships that we should have won........ I don't think where they lift weights, kick a ball, have meetings and do recovery means going from a great side to a poor side ... Not when you are talking about 20 minutes down the road.....

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: The House of Cards is Falling

twirlyhair wrote:Poor recruiting, over reliance on a few A grade players , players who lack professionalism, a game plan that lacks variety and imagination and inevitabley it is falling apart. Last year was a mirage. We were not that good, and certainly not a worthy premiership side. And now with the winds of change, our house is being blown apart. Questions must be asked of the administration, the coach, the players and all those who were sucked in.
Well at least I will not get SUCKED in to your post TROLL. P!SS off. Though I do commend first two deadsh!ts for remembering your passwords.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:Poor recruiting, over reliance on a few A grade players , players who lack professionalism, a game plan that lacks variety and imagination and inevitabley it is falling apart. Last year was a mirage. We were not that good, and certainly not a worthy premiership side. And now with the winds of change, our house is being blown apart. Questions must be asked of the administration, the coach, the players and all those who were sucked in.
Well at least I will not get SUCKED in to your post TROLL. P!SS off. Though I do commend first two deadsh!ts for remembering your passwords.
What is with you Greeks. Always so angry.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Well you can't even stick fat when the filthy swill invade (would not be put up on opposition sites). With supporters like you, we are truly fu-ked.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Well you can't even stick fat when the filthy swill invade (would not be put up on opposition sites). With supporters like you, we are truly fu-ked.
I wish you made sense.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
I wish you made sense.
oh lets kiss and make up big boy.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Well you can't even stick fat when the filthy swill invade (would not be put
up on opposition sites). With supporters like you, we are truly fu-ked.
I wish you made sense.
Won't happen. Cairnsman's heart has been stolen by the Suns.

- Jonathan Swift
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I got a flat tyre on the car the other night, and I got out and immediately thought..Seaford!
My husbands van broke down last week, has to be Seaford.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Well you can't even stick fat when the filthy swill invade (would not be put
up on opposition sites). With supporters like you, we are truly fu-ked.
I wish you made sense.
Won't happen. Cairnsman's heart has been stolen by the Suns.
But I still love the Saints. Can you love two clubs at a time. Maybe a threesome is on the cards.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

What round are we up to?

Seriously, that is the worst post of the year thus far.

I cant believe how much steam is still coming off it.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

spert wrote:I got a flat tyre on the car the other night, and I got out and immediately thought..Seaford!
Hahahaha :D

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

My cat took a s*** in the closet.

Curse you Seaford!

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....