Does anyone still think we'll make the 8?

If you do, I reckon you may need your head read and fast.

Next week Carlton, it going to get much uglier than this.

no. trick question?

saintluke

Keep playing the young guys, get games into them, develop a game plan with them involved and prepare for 2012.

Anything is possible..especially if you wear Rose Coloured Glasses or don't know what being a realist means.

Does anyone really wanna sneak into the 8?

Cant believe I was thinking at seasons start just how hard the Cats were gonna fall....our capitulation has almost been embarrassing...

We're done.

Carltion will humiliate us. Its fair, we've done it to them for 10 years.....now its our turn again...

Furphy

No, in fact we'll be lucky to win "8" games this year!

Hell YES - but only to make up the numbers - We had more scoring shots than them - just please spend hours and hours kicking the f@rking ball. I don't care if they have to turn the car headlights on down in a back paddock - just kick and kick and kick - no practice matches at training - no glory - no autograph signing - closed training - just f@rking kicking.

One Eyed Saint

NO, NO and NO

Seaford_Saint

JESUS f****** CHRIST.... who cares!!!!

If you can't finish Premiers, who the f*** cares....

All I know is our boys are struggling yes... but they are giving 100% effort on 0% confidence

Wherever we finish is we we deserve to finish, and if it's not good enough then so be it..... do u all expect to be playing in GF's every year???

FFS!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......

Seaford_Saint wrote:JESUS f****** CHRIST.... who cares!!!!

If you can't finish Premiers, who the f*** cares....

All I know is our boys are struggling yes... but they are giving 100% effort on 0% confidence

Wherever we finish is we we deserve to finish, and if it's not good enough then so be it..... do u all expect to be playing in GF's every year???

FFS!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Sure about that?

One Eyed Saint

NO

I would guess bottom 6 at this rate

Very little chance and who would be satisified with sneaking into the 8 after 09 and 10.

You need to be top four to win the flag, and I cant see us getting in the top eight.

Reload for 2012. unfortunately this year is a write off.

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)

I went into thinking that if we were unable to beat the Crows (at AAMI) we weren't going to make the 8 this season. But....I came away thinking that I'm still not too sure we can't make it. There was a glimmer of something there tonight, unfortunately it wasn't enough. A flag contender?? Well that's a whole new ball game. It's baby-steps again at the present... for whatever reason.

Of course we can still make the 8. What a load of bollocks.

And of course we'd want to be there. Where there's life there's hope. Someone will win it from the bottom half of the top 8 sooner or later. Might be us.

The bottom half of the 8 is there to raise revenue for the AFL, that is all.
Since we have this system of playing finals (began in 2000) only 2 teams have made it to a Preliminary final, Hawthorn in 01 and Co;;ingwood in 07.
It will take an extraordinary effort for the bottom half of the 8 to go all the way.
As for me, don't want to even be there if we are no chance at the flag, better to get a better draft pick and build for a better crack at the following year.

wasaintsfan

i think we are a big chance still... but some thing drastic has to be done... although that might be because ive got bets going :(

Sure, no sweat. What will we do when we get there...anyone's question.

marksnsparks

Yes we will. Playing into October and the late commencement of pre-season training is going to kill our first half of the season, but the second will be much better.

We have a (mostly) ordinary list,so our gameplan relies on pressure and intensity, so if you're not fit, you can be made to look pretty ordinary.

In some ways I'm like other posters though, missing the 8 might give us the pre-season we need to attack 2012.

felixleo

No, saint luke's got it right ,play the kids, Meher, you are dreaming but i will be the first to congratulate you if you are right. Only way i can see us winning games is to drop Zac and Bakes (as much as i love Bakes) shift Del down back and keep B.J as a permanent back. Then keep Armo and maybe Stevens (if he has a big enough tank) rotating through the midfield with Joey, Milne,Jones gee i did not realise till now how shallow we are in that area the rest are Ray who could maybe rotate with Del and Eddy,Gram,Peake and Ledger when fit. Hate Walls as a commentator because he states the obvious so could not argue with him when he said ''in these days of the forward press you can't afford to have three players in the backline unwilling or unable to kick the ball.' Grim days ahead my downtrodden friends but still kudos to R Lyon and the players for the past few years its been the best period so far for me as a saints fan (born 64) except for the days with Plugger at Moorabbin. Finally as they say footy's a funny old game so maybe something will turn them around .Hopefully Felixleo

Are you gonna be the one?
avid

St. Luke wrote:I went into thinking that if we were unable to beat the Crows (at AAMI) we weren't going to make the 8 this season. But....I came away thinking that I'm still not too sure we can't make it. There was a glimmer of something there tonight, unfortunately it wasn't enough. A flag contender?? Well that's a whole new ball game. It's baby-steps again at the present... for whatever reason.
Don't really know why, but I share the same feeling.

I tipped Adelaide to win tonight, but I've got a feeling we might build on this game and possibly beat Carlton.

I dearly hope we still make the 8 because we have enough great players that anything is possible once we're there.

I don't think we will.

We're a midtable team. 7-11th is where we'll likely end up.

Without Lenny and the Big Show, Gardiner we don't have enough grunt to turn in 4 quarter performances unfortunately.

Doubtful now - if 11 1/2 wins get you in - they would need to win 10 of the next 17, possible but a massive call.....

They might only win 7-10 for the season

Still anything can happen, in 1997 the Saints (and Croweaters) were on
1-4 and played in the GF

Hold your ground :shock:

meher baba wrote:Of course we can still make the 8. What a load of bollocks.

And of course we'd want to be there. Where there's life there's hope. Someone will win it from the bottom half of the top 8 sooner or later. Might be us.
I like this one.

I will +1 thanks.

Sainter_Dad wrote:Hell YES - but only to make up the numbers - We had more scoring shots than them - just please spend hours and hours kicking the f@rking ball. I don't care if they have to turn the car headlights on down in a back paddock - just kick and kick and kick - no practice matches at training - no glory - no autograph signing - closed training - just f@rking kicking.

Yep Stuff the risk on leg injuries. We need players who can kick on the day. Also learn to kick long. Some of the short misdirected kicks are just pathetic. My fat self could do better as a juniour footy player on both feet than some of the poor kicking I see today. Pretty frustrating.

I just wonder if these guys could actually kick a drop kick on either foot nowadays. This took precision in the drop and the timing of the bounce on various surfaces. The quality in this wmay teach our young blokes a level of difficulty that they never live today.