Will we be last during 2011?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Will we be last during 2011?

Not a good prospect, but with just a few teams below us (only Brisbane more than a game away), the prospect is increasing in probability. Pity we can't get first, second or third draft pick (which goes to GWS). Team 14th will get pick 10, not the best option on our picks from the past.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Nup, we won't be 17th on the ladder.

Port, Brissie, The Suns and North should all be below us.

Even if we F*** up for the rest of the season, we should win a minimum 7 games IMO.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
spert
Saintsational Legend

It's hard to get over the line with losing rucks, no forward line and a captain as a passenger.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Brisbane and North are dreadful. Port and Suns wont win many.
But we are in trouble no doubts.

We may as well tank. Better to finish bottom than 5th bottom. Then we can get a good kid or 2. Recruit a mature ruck and have a real new fresh campaign in 2012.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Brisbane and North are dreadful. Port and Suns wont win many.

We may as well tank. Better to finish bottom than 5th bottom. Then we can get a good kid or 2. Recruit a mature ruck and have a real new fresh campaign in 2012.
Yep because history shows that if you up the top for a few years and then all of sudden win about 6-8 games you will come back the next year bigger and stronger. Sorry but once we are down we will be down for 5-7 years so we either give it our best shot this year or get ready for years of ordinary performances.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

spert wrote:It's hard to get over the line with losing rucks, no forward line and a captain as a passenger.
So Roo s a passenger? God I have read some sh1t on here but this takes the cake!! Maybe he is just sick and tired of continually presenting and then having the ball kicked over his head or at his feet. Or it's because it's near impossible to beat 3 blokes at once

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

+1 :x :x Spert, that reference to Roo is (A) uninformed or (B) a cheap shot.
No one is more annoyed and frustrated at our performances thus far in 2011 than me, but to single out Roo as a "passenger"? well its just not on!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
jays
Club Player

we not as bad as them

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Brisbane and North are dreadful. Port and Suns wont win many.

Yep because history shows that if you up the top for a few years and then all of sudden win about 6-8 games you will come back the next year bigger and stronger. Sorry but once we are down we will be down for 5-7 years so we either give it our best shot this year or get ready for years of ordinary performances.
well geelong were up and then had that shocker where they nearly sacked the coach. they reviewed the whole footy dept and came back strong.

swans went down for a year or 2 and are already back. same as eagles.

so i think it can be done. reason we are down now is a set of very odd circumstances. and its not over yet . we still have lovett court case in front of us. so i think under the extenuating set of circumstances it is possible to go down hard and rebound hard if it is planned and come back after a year. we really are cactus this year. total cactus. so i believe if we play it smart and start planning for 2012 now it can be done. we need to face where we are and come up with a real strategy for 2012. it should start now.

at present we are looking backwards and trying to somehow re-live 2009 and try and hope we turn a time machine switch and turn back time. if we keep living that lie then yes. we will be down a loooong time.

but if we forget history. accept we are in a very strange place in 2011 and start meticulously planning for 2012 now we will come out better.

if u think we are going to re-live 09 with some magic switch u are sadly deluded. its all about mind-set. so i say F*** history plugger. start looking forward.

spert
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:+1 :x :x Spert, that reference to Roo is (A) uninformed or (B) a cheap shot.
No one is more annoyed and frustrated at our performances thus far in 2011 than me, but to single out Roo as a "passenger"? well its just not on!
Sorry guys, but thats what I'm seeing so far, from a team 4th from the bottom on the ladder - captains need to inspire teams and I'm not seeing it, though I'm hearing a lot of excuses. He is great on his day, but I haven't seen that day for a long time.

Saint_in_SA
Club Player

the more games we get into siposs, cripps, steven, stanley et al this year the better - we are nearly stuffed already this year and if I continue to see perennial fringe list cloggers like clarke, gamble, eddy (you know who you are) keep getting games ahead of these kids I will fair dinkum spew.

A-HUH A-HUH A-HUH
Bowey Boy
Club Player

No.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Will we be last during 2011?

perfectionist wrote:Not a good prospect, but with just a few teams below us (only Brisbane more than a game away), the prospect is increasing in probability. Pity we can't get first, second or third draft pick (which goes to GWS). Team 14th will get pick 10, not the best option on our picks from the past.

probably :cry:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.