Social Club Membership Info

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Tom_Sainter
Club Player

Social Club Membership Info

Hi all, just after some info if possible. I have recently been upgraded from restricted to full social club. Now I have been social club before but only used it really to get GF tickets.
My question is, what are the benefits of it besides priority GF allocation (not too useful this year), I remember getting a free drink at Livewire maybe??
Any other benefits.
Thanks in advance

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Entry into the Victory Room and access to a special seating area.

mcadam05
Club Player

Re: Social Club Membership Info

Tom_Sainter wrote:Hi all, just after some info if possible. I have recently been upgraded from restricted to full social club. Now I have been social club before but only used it really to get GF tickets.
My question is, what are the benefits of it besides priority GF allocation (not too useful this year), I remember getting a free drink at Livewire maybe??
Any other benefits.
Thanks in advance
What you get is BUGGER ALL!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:Entry into the Victory Room and access to a special seating area.
Not this year you dont get access to the seats

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Massive predictions.

The social club will not be full in 2012.

Someone bookmark this thread.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Least we might be able to get near the bar in the Victory room after a game.

Even a win I reckon.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Tom_Sainter wrote:Hi all, just after some info if possible. I have recently been upgraded from restricted to full social club. Now I have been social club before but only used it really to get GF tickets.
Any other benefits.
Thanks in advance
Well the SC used to mean Social Club...now it basically is just a priority access system for GF tickets if the saints play after several years of the Club progressively turn it's back on SC members.

Last Summers "assigned seating" fiasco by the Membership Manager stuffing up his latest gouge for money with letters going to the wrong members and then flaming me and and others on this forum while denying his stuff up the latest ina series of sad tales.

Thanks to the club destroying the value of being a SC Member and mainly narrowing it down to the GF access just watch everyone flood out next year...

Only good thing about the Saints having some lean years is that the club may suddenly realise it needs to start to value it's most loyal members, rather than merely seeking to cream cash from bandwagoners.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Any other benefits.
Thanks in advance
Well the SC used to mean Social Club...now it basically is just a priority access system for GF tickets if the saints play after several years of the Club progressively turn it's back on SC members.

Last Summers "assigned seating" fiasco by the Membership Manager stuffing up his latest gouge for money with letters going to the wrong members and then flaming me and and others on this forum while denying his stuff up the latest ina series of sad tales.

Thanks to the club destroying the value of being a SC Member and mainly narrowing it down to the GF access just watch everyone flood out next year...

Only good thing about the Saints having some lean years is that the club may suddenly realise it needs to start to value it's most loyal members, rather than merely seeking to cream cash from bandwagoners.
The thing is probably half the SC members are bangwaggon jumpers so it doesnt mattter if they are given stuff or not, they will still give it away next year. And another thing, with footy how it is these days, is our SC any less value than any other footy clubs SC?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The thing is probably half the SC members are bangwaggon jumpers so it doesnt mattter if they are given stuff or not, they will still give it away next year. And another thing, with footy how it is these days, is our SC any less value than any other footy clubs SC?

Point being the bandwagoners would always go....but by stuffing the SC the club now also risks losing many of the loyalists.

Club could always have raped and pillaged the bandwagoners easily enough by just creating a different membership class...or even "restricted" social club members for those that have only just become SC members.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Point being the bandwagoners would always go....but by stuffing the SC the club now also risks losing many of the loyalists.

Club could always have raped and pillaged the bandwagoners easily enough by just creating a different membership class...or even "restricted" social club members for those that have only just become SC members.
For 22 years all the social club has been to me is priority access to gf.

Hasn't been anything else other than free entry to that after match thing, which I sometimes go to after a solid session of kick to kick on the concourse.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

It's a donation to the club, nothing more nothing less. Oh, I forgot, you get a GF ticket if we make it, but you have no say in where that ticket allows you to sit or stand.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I look on SC membership as a way of making a little bit more of a COMMITMENT to the club. As a matter of fact I commited myself to an upgrade to Social Club a day or two after Blight was dismissed. My workmates thought I was mental!!! but when I saw pictures on the front page ofthe Herald/rag of those "supporters" cutting up their membership cards I got SO angry and contacted the club to upgrade! (I think THEY were surprised too :roll: ) In the cold light of day, when I saw the cost, (I thought I was mental!!!!) I've never regretted it, (although get annoyed with the club on occasion) and when we made it to the big dance had a clear conscience at getting priority for GF tix.
I'll be SC for the duration I would imagine. Despite my threat to drop it!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

Hasn't been anything else other than free entry to that after match thing, which I sometimes go to after a solid session of kick to kick on the concourse.
Maybe for you.

Others of us valued the SC seating area that has now just become a reserved seating area.

After match thing...used to be more member focused....now basically just a bar pretending to be a SC.

Small things too..

...one used to get a SC Medallion each year.

...used to have the same 4 digit membership number..now just have a random number each year.

I could go on.....but one used to be a MEMBER and feel some reason to belong...now is just a priority ticket access system.

SC benefits have over the decades just been stripped off.

Clearly there is no intent or effort by the club to foster the SC.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

We need to articulate those sentiments at the AGM! Although I've a feeling that the club will be holding out some inducements for us in 2012 after THIS season!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:I look on SC membership as a way of making a little bit more of a COMMITMENT to the club. As a matter of fact I commited myself to an upgrade to Social Club a day or two after Blight was dismissed. My workmates thought I was mental!!! but when I saw pictures on the front page ofthe Herald/rag of those "supporters" cutting up their membership cards I got SO angry and contacted the club to upgrade! (I think THEY were surprised too :roll: ) In the cold light of day, when I saw the cost, (I thought I was mental!!!!) I've never regretted it, (although get annoyed with the club on occasion) and when we made it to the big dance had a clear conscience at getting priority for GF tix.
I'll be SC for the duration I would imagine. Despite my threat to drop it!
Where did the lottery place you for the last 3 Grand Finals?

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

2009 M35 2010 (GF1)Up in the top deck (nose bleeds) of the southern stand
Replay: M...I've forgotten EXACTLY :roll: but it was in the Northen stand very close to the Cheer squad. As I say, I became SC in 2001 (4 wins that year) and never considered GF tix (did anyone else at that time?) I can remember going into the Victory Room(oxymoron then!) after being PASTED by the Bombers and there must have been around three dozen people there! Butterss was going around shaking hands and introducing himself to people (never shouted though!)

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Keep the pressure on, by posting regularly about this. The Club does scan this site and if enough people make their point, improvements will have to offered in 2012.

I have previously written to the Club about SC matters. They are aware that they are offering little to SC members. It's all about the money, not the benefits to supporters. :!:

I have kept many past posts on this subject and the comments make good reading - lots of good ideas from posters. Let's see if the Club takes any of them up. :roll:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:2009 M35 2010 (GF1)Up in the top deck (nose bleeds) of the southern stand
Replay: M...I've forgotten EXACTLY :roll: but it was in the Northen stand very close to the Cheer squad. As I say, I became SC in 2001 (4 wins that year) and never considered GF tix (did anyone else at that time?) I can remember going into the Victory Room(oxymoron then!) after being PASTED by the Bombers and there must have been around three dozen people there! Butterss was going around shaking hands and introducing himself to people (never shouted though!)
You mentioned priority for GF tix, here's what I got:
Standing Room 2009;
Level one Northern Stand 2010;
Back row Ponsford Stand (next to to Pies Cheer squad and inundated by Pies supporters from over the road at three quarter time) 2010 replay.

I'm now just a Saints member and will never again seek SC membership.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

They may "scan this forum" mate, but the best way to put the bite on those responsible for SC memberships/benefits is to USE your membership and voice at the AGM and get some indication (that can be quoted on the record) from this board that SC members concerns will be addressed. (well at least that's what I think...others may feel differently)
I'm not giving up SC any time soon, although may consider taking up an 11 home game membership in 2012, instead of my present 16 match ticket. and the reserved seat may have to go, times are getting a wee bit harder, and economies have to be considered.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

As I said Bernard, I took up SC a while ago and never really considered the issue of GF tix @ the time. I've been prepared to take whatever tickets I was allocated, but I agree that some inequities occurred in our GF ticket distribution. As to the solution? Perhaps SC should be given SEATS as a first priority. I'm with you all the way on the issue of standing room allocations. Length of membership should also be respected. But better brains than mine have not managed to produce an outcome to satisfy everyone, and NEVER will as long as the allocation of tickets to the participating clubs is as bad as it is.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:2009 M35 2010 (GF1)Up in the top deck (nose bleeds) of the southern stand
Standing Room 2009;
Back row Ponsford Stand (next to to Pies Cheer squad and inundated by Pies supporters from over the road at three quarter time) 2010 replay.

Where did you want to be seated, actually on the ground.

50000 odd members would have missed last years first. That's how it works. Can't have people choosing where they sit, it isn't feasible.

Everyone think they are worth more than a ticket into the ground. On gf day a ticket, be it seat or stand - is worth gold.

Tom_Sainter
Club Player

Really good discussions here, thanks for all the replies and info.. I was a SC member in the early 2000's and dropped off for a few years due to financial reasons, but will happily stay on for years to come. To me it also looks like a priority GF ticket and thats all... But I have mates who support collingwood and had been members for 20 years + and were never a chance for GF tickets, so im prepared to pay a bit extra for when we get there again

Solar
Saintsational Legend

As I mentioned last year we had the choice when we went to the dome to either upgrade to social club and pre-book the tickets each week or get reserved seating. We decided that sitting in the same area but not next to the same people each week was the way to go and thus didnot reserved seating but spent it on upgrading to social club.

Now they have reserved this whole area and I struggle to find a reason to

1) have social club seats. Great every 10+ years if we make a grand final. Will never forget 2009 and 2010. But now I sit upstairs despite paying more then alot of supporters down stairs.

2) actually turning up. I hate level 3 and not sure if I can be bothered half the time travelling up from geelong after working 12 hours on a overnight shift.

So what will happen because of this cash grab is that they will lose social club members in the long term and supporters will not turn up.

Call me soft but this is how I feel. It's a donation now. Shame.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
ace
Saintsational Legend

So the paying for the social club is like paying a carbon tax.

Your wallet is emptied but nothing else happens.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Standing Room 2009;

I lucked out 2009 GF - Level 1, Punt Road (about 10 rows behind CS)
2010 GF I - Standing Room
2010 GF II - M13 (if I remember), row D, but surrounded by Filth supporters. I couldn't stomach them, so I went to Standing Room.

Don't worry, next GF we'll be issued with better spots and they day we'll win the damn Premiership to boot :twisted:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!