Lets give the dees a spanking

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bob__71
Club Player

Lets give the dees a spanking

I'm really looking forward to watching the footy today. I think we have a really good chance against the Demons. Young Nick making his debut, Sipo with another game under his belt, things have a bit of excitement about them.

If the effort is there we have the other ingredients to come away with a win. If the effort is there then skill errors can be tollerated and still win.

Looking forward to seeing some Saints Footy.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

We seriously need to kick more than 10 goals to have a chance of winning.

Thats the big ask because our scores this year have been really poor.

bob__71
Club Player

I just have a feeling that if they can bring the effort the rest will come.

I still belive that we have a star studded forward line even if the players themselves are doubting it. I have seen this team play some saintsational football. certainly they are more than capable of taking care of the dees.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

I reckon it's an attractive forward line (add Steven interchanging through it) - and if Winmar (even a couple of times) runs the ball in and drills it to Rooey - I'll be sufficiently giddy in my slacks.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

It would be nice, but let's see a more positive, risk taking brand of football today where we back our abilities and don't take the safe options.
Let's see something that says we are far from dead yet.
A blinder from BJ would be nice.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

4 points will do me at the moment.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I think the D's will win comfortably. 30 pts or so. Their guys will play like they want to. Too many of ours will play because they have to.

That's my take at the moment.

Feel free to wipe egg from my face later, but I simply can't see enough anger in the middle for us to compete with anyone presently.

I hope our young blokes have a crack, though. Win or lose they'll be interesting to watch.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:I think the D's will win comfortably. 30 pts or so. Their guys will play like they want to. Too many of ours will play because they have to.

That's my take at the moment.

Feel free to wipe egg from my face later, but I simply can't see enough anger in the middle for us to compete with anyone presently.

I hope our young blokes have a crack, though. Win or lose they'll be interesting to watch.
It's hard to argue with that atm,until we see otherwise. Melbourne at $2.90 seem like extraordinary value,or at the line at least

Bring back the Lockett era
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Maybe bet on Dees to win that way if we lose it softens the blow a tad

but always bet responsibly :wink:

stewmac
Club Player

Reckon the Ds will be saying the same thing ,lets have a nice easy win against the Aints.....i reckon you could flip a coin to decide who to back on this one, if we dont play for 4 quarters like we havent done all year ,they could rip us a new one :shock:

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

All the indicators are pointing towards another loss. Have heard being around the club at the moment is like being in a morgue.....was a fearful spray given to individual players during the week

Bring back the Lockett era
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

I don't know what's going to happen... We'll probably get done.

The Saints are coming!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

hmmm
im confident

id like to think we are going to come out fired up and hit the cherry and the body hard
no silly stuff, no girly pushes and all that crap, just go the footy and show some serious effort
none of this kicking sideways from rushed behinds/misses
play on and take it on

but then again :?

really, we should win.
if we cant
the years over for me, we wont make the eight imo.

go saints

bob__71
Club Player

Well not really a spanking. But great to see the effort there for four quarters even if the disposal skills were still a bit down, effort and numbers to the ball can make up for that. Now to bring the four quarter effort to the west :)

Oh and aint Crippa fun to watch