Anyone get to training?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Anyone get to training?

Love to hear any snippet. I'm hooked on this footy thing I tell ya :wink:

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Yeah I went. Tell you what if its windy at Freo we wont kick a goal. It was windy at Seaford and I kid you not I did not see one player kick a goal from a set shot. Winmar, Cripps, Gilbert did laps. No Gardner. Just general circle work. Open training but lucky to be 50 people there.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Yeah I went. Tell you what if its windy at Freo we wont kick a goal. It was windy at Seaford and I kid you not I did not see one player kick a goal from a set shot.
That was a strategy.

The wind blows the other way in Perth !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

defacto
Club Player

tony74 wrote:Yeah I went. Tell you what if its windy at Freo we wont kick a goal. It was windy at Seaford and I kid you not I did not see one player kick a goal from a set shot. Winmar, Cripps, Gilbert did laps. No Gardner. Just general circle work. Open training but lucky to be 50 people there.
thats good cause the game is at subi not freo.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

I was surprised to see Kingy there. Thought he may have been in Geelong for the funeral. Mc Evoy did a lot of ruck work with Archer.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:I was surprised to see Kingy there. Thought he may have been in Geelong for the funeral. Mc Evoy did a lot of ruck work with Archer.
If only we could get Archer to line up for Freo on Saturday :)

Having said that, did McEvoy beat him :?

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Good stuff tony74. Thanks for the report. :lol:

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

I dont know if anyone is interested in this. I go to training alot, sometimes 3 a week( often I stay during the closed sessions as i know a couple of the boys and they know I'm no danger of passing on any "team secrets") The two things that are constant are Dal is the most friendly of the team-will always say hello and when they have to split into pairs Roo will always go with Mini- must be very good mates. As I said dont know if anyone is interested but nothing on tv so just ranting

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Just keep us posted on how often they practice their Kicking Skills - a hobby horse of mine. :roll:

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:I dont know if anyone is interested in this. I go to training alot, sometimes 3 a week( often I stay during the closed sessions as i know a couple of the boys and they know I'm no danger of passing on any "team secrets") The two things that are constant are Dal is the most friendly of the team-will always say hello and when they have to split into pairs Roo will always go with Mini- must be very good mates. As I said dont know if anyone is interested but nothing on tv so just ranting
Thanks Tony.

Dal certainly is an incredibly nice guy, super happy to chat to anyone.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:I dont know if anyone is interested in this. I go to training alot, sometimes 3 a week( often I stay during the closed sessions as i know a couple of the boys and they know I'm no danger of passing on any "team secrets") The two things that are constant are Dal is the most friendly of the team-will always say hello and when they have to split into pairs Roo will always go with Mini- must be very good mates. As I said dont know if anyone is interested but nothing on tv so just ranting
strikes me as a genuine, classy guy Dal.

Would be easywith all thats happened to shut up shop for supporters but you get the feel he comes from good stock.

Nice to see in modern footballers/robots.

“Yeah….nah””
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

And chippper is the hardest trainer

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:And chippper is the hardest trainer
As others have said, great stuff tony and very much appreciated :)

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Great insight mate! Appreciate it!

Roo and Mini - Its weird because everyone rates them on ability, we forget they are humans with friendships.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Re: Anyone get to training?

dcstkfc wrote:Love to hear any snippet. I'm hooked on this footy thing I tell ya :wink:

Wow you must really love it when we're winning then?
Last edited by Winmar7Fan on Wed 25 May 2011 12:10am, edited 1 time in total.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Winmar7Fan wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:Love to hear any snippet. I'm hooked on this footy thing I tell ya :wink:

Wow you must really love it when we're win then?
It's an illness

Scoop
Club Player

tony74 wrote:I was surprised to see Kingy there. Thought he may have been in Geelong for the funeral. Mc Evoy did a lot of ruck work with Archer.
There were actually 4 doing the ruck drill at the end - the aforesaid McEvoy and Archer....as well as Stanley and interestingly.....Walsh....

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

dcstkfc wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote:

Wow you must really love it when we're winning then?
It's an illness

That's true I've been feeling sick all season.
Last edited by Winmar7Fan on Wed 25 May 2011 12:16am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Scoop wrote:
There were actually 4 doing the ruck drill at the end - the aforesaid McEvoy and Archer....as well as Stanley and interestingly.....Walsh....
I've asked the question a couple of times on this forum but am yet to receive an answer.

Is Walsh really as tall as the quoted 195cm? Were you able to form an opinion Scoop?

Scoop
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Scoop wrote:
I've asked the question a couple of times on this forum but am yet to receive an answer.

Is Walsh really as tall as the quoted 195cm? Were you able to form an opinion Scoop?
I am similarly intrigued by Walsh's size....my view is that he is not 195...more likely around 192-193.....I kept trying to line him up against others....and I reckon he is more like Archer's size....however, my eyesight is not what it used to be so I could be wrong...

Can any one else throw some light on this matter??

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
Scoop
Club Player

Just a few other snippets from training:

Kosi, Chips, Winmar (with his shoulder taped), Blake, Cripps did a lot of running and none/little of the drills. Gram, Baker did some running and more of the drills.

Didn't see Milne out there.

Will Johnson was very enthusiastic and upbeat...moved well in the drills.

Crocker is very slight...needs a lot of building up.

It was f*****g freezing out there today!!!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Scoop wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Scoop wrote:

I am similarly intrigued by Walsh's size....my view is that he is not 195...more likely around 192-193.....I kept trying to line him up against others....and I reckon he is more like Archer's size....however, my eyesight is not what it used to be so I could be wrong...

Yeah have had a look because people have talked about it on here...

Might be one or two shorter.. Centimeters that is. From memory a few weeks ago I tried comparing to Raph. Whos about 190/189 by books... But then that might be wrong as well.

Tell you who is taller than they look (to be anyways) Winmar... Listed 189cm, anyone think a bit over...?

Scoop
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
Scoop wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Scoop wrote:

Might be one or two shorter.. Centimeters that is. From memory a few weeks ago I tried comparing to Raph. Whos about 190/189 by books... But then that might be wrong as well.

Tell you who is taller than they look (to be anyways) Winmar... Listed 189cm, anyone think a bit over...?
I think you could be right re Winmar....I was thinking the same thing when I saw him close up today...

avid
Club Player

Scoop wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Scoop wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Scoop wrote:

I think you could be right re Winmar....I was thinking the same thing when I saw him close up today...
Does anyone know of any possible reason the club doesn't give accurate heights and weights each year?
For some reason I'm adicted to knowing these stats. It drives me crazy not trusting what I read!

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

Scoop wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Scoop wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Scoop wrote:

I've stood next to Winmar a couple of times and I felt he was the same height as me, and I'm 191cm. Walsh seemed quite a bit taller than me, I think due to his build his height is quite deceptive, and he's got a large top scull.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches