Kosi must play

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Kosi must play

Seriously dont understand why people on here want him dropped. Its no coincedence that when hes in the side we won our only two games. Riewoldt clearly plays better with Kosi in and we just look more dangerous. I know his stats dont always back him but his effort is always for the team and we lack presence when hes not playing.

Also to the clown on here who posted on here that Kosi got kneed in the head twice while rucking was due to lack of awareness. FFS get a clue.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Kosi should be given one, maybe two more games to prove himself and or get some match fitness and or be part of a winning team. His worst crime in his last game was he looked like a drunk giraffe.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Kosi should be given one, maybe two more games to prove himself and or get some match fitness and or be part of a winning team. His worst crime in his last game was he looked like a drunk giraffe.
Two knees to the head will probably do that. Why werent either free kicks by the way?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Kosi is important because he gets the overhead marks and pack marks in our forward 50. If he doesn't mark, the ball spills to our smalls, I have said it before, the only guy who can take his spot would be archer. He makes a contest and straightens them up. Mc evoy could be developed but is seen as a ruck man long term. Kosi gets games because he takes the 2nd tall defender from Roo, he can kick goals if he marks, can pinch hit ruck, is a true stand still overhead mark and makes the team structurally more sound. Roo is a great lead up forward but as we saw when we wanted him to play like Kosi- he can't contest standing still.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:a drunk giraffe.
Apt :D

I'm just not sure Subie is gonna suit him. Big ground for the fleet of foot.

Mind you it's not like we play at the SCG every week..

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I just read plugger66's guesses at the IN's & OUT's this week. His guess is that Kosi will be out injured. He's normally pretty accurate !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Richter
SS Life Member

Re: Kosi must play

You clearly did not see the game last weekend.

What is your explanation as to why Kosi failed to compete in two consecutive ruck contests and got clouted by the opposing ruckman who fairly attempted to compete for the ball? Following this, Kosi jumped with the sort of timing he could only have learned from Cain Ackland.

We desperately need Kosi to come good, but geez, it is hard watching him at the moment. And if he continues to fail to get the job done, then very soon it will adieu to the big man.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:You clearly did not see the game last weekend.

What is your explanation as to why Kosi failed to compete in two consecutive ruck contests and got clouted by the opposing ruckman who fairly attempted to compete for the ball? Following this, Kosi jumped with the sort of timing he could only have learned from Cain Ackland.

We desperately need Kosi to come good, but geez, it is hard watching him at the moment. And if he continues to fail to get the job done, then very soon it will adieu to the big man.
Ever played in the ruck? Not a great deal you can do if the ball sits above your head and your opponent has the run at it. Should have been two frees to Kosi by the way.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:

Ever played in the ruck? Not a great deal you can do if the ball sits above your head and your opponent has the run at it. Should have been two frees to Kosi by the way.
Isn't there a rule that stipulates Ruckmen must actually contest the ruck?

P66?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
CURLY wrote:

P66?
I dont know what you mean exactly but at centre bounces you have a nominated ruckman. He can stand there and do nothing like Kosi does or he can actually go for the ball like Martin did against him on Sunday and by the way not sure either of those were frees.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:
CURLY wrote:

P66?
I dont know what you mean exactly but at centre bounces you have a nominated ruckman. He can stand there and do nothing like Kosi does or he can actually go for the ball like Martin did against him on Sunday and by the way not sure either of those were frees.
Been payed plenty of times when a player jumps and knees the other ruckman.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:What is your explanation as to why Kosi failed to compete in two consecutive ruck contests and got clouted by the opposing ruckman who fairly attempted to compete for the ball?
Simple...Under the current rules, ruckmen must start from inside the circle. In both of those occaisions, the ball was bounced to Kosi's side and he became a sitting duck for Martin to get a good leap into his head.

That clearly knocked his confidence around and his timing was off following that.

Both were fair, just crap bounces from the umpire who only has one ball skill to get right...and shows exactly why they should throw the ball up and give players an even chance to compete.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Ta. I thought there actually had to be an attempt to attack the ball. So if you're right, and I assume you are, then Martin got Kosi high twice. Free every day of the week. Has to be.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Ta. I thought there actually had to be an attempt to attack the ball. So if you're right, and I assume you are, then Martin got Kosi high twice. Free every day of the week. Has to be.
No I think it was incidental contact as he had eyes on the ball. Same as when going for a mark.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:Ta. I thought there actually had to be an attempt to attack the ball. So if you're right, and I assume you are, then Martin got Kosi high twice. Free every day of the week. Has to be.
No I think it was incidental contact as he had eyes on the ball. Same as when going for a mark.
Not in a ruck contest. Its defanatley not allowed. Fair enough too imagine what sort of damage that could be inflicted at a boundry throw in by the third man up.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Not in a ruck contest. Its defanatley not allowed. Fair enough too imagine what sort of damage that could be inflicted at a boundry throw in by the third man up.
It is allowed if eyes are on the ball.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
You have a duty of care you cant just jump front on and knee players in the head. Its paid all the time.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx
The Saints will not have to face Fremantle giant Aaron Sandilands, who has been ruled out for a month with a toe injury, and Lyon said he would most likely stick with last week's ruck combination of Jason Blake, Justin Koschitzke and Sam Fisher.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
You have a duty of care you cant just jump front on and knee players in the head. Its paid all the time.
seriously curly, I dont know what code of game you must be watching then
the only time a free kick would be given is when the ruckman makes NO attempt at the ball, or badly mis-timed, so htat it takes out the opposition ruckman.
A free kick has never been paid against a ruck man who can actually manage to get off the ground.
How many marks of the century would there be if a free kick was paid for a knee to the back of the head?

Seeya
saintjake
Club Player

We need Kosi out of the side. and to give games to Arch or Stanley and i mean GIVE THEM GAMES not in for one, out the next.
I mean Kosi sits in the team giving nothing and people on here say we need him to take marks, or to give a contest. He didnt take ONE mark against the DEES he is hopeless. Im sure Arch and Stanley know how to mark.
We know big ben can mark. piss Kosi off please.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
the only time a free kick would be given is when the ruckman makes NO attempt at the ball, or badly mis-timed, so htat it takes out the opposition ruckman.
A free kick has never been paid against a ruck man who can actually manage to get off the ground.
How many marks of the century would there be if a free kick was paid for a knee to the back of the head?
Not in a marking conest no. But you cant in a ruck contest. How many blokes would last a game if you could just leap front on into there head.

saintjake
Club Player

CURLY wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Not in a marking conest no. But you cant in a ruck contest. How many blokes would last a game if you could just leap front on into there head.
The ruckman hit the ball though. Its not his fault Kosi is a complete duck and didnt protect himself at all.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Kosi should be given one, maybe two more games to prove himself and or get some match fitness and or be part of a winning team.
This part I agree with.

Everyone else who was quiet had that luxury, preseason and all.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

CURLY wrote:
but thats the whole problem with your standpoint
you want to hobble/ban/penalise ruckman who CAN leap
never has been, never will be a rule against that
and PS if its fine to make contact in a marking contest why do you want it banned in a ruck contest? You are just making more excuses for kosi, while their ruckman gave them a clear advantage

Seeya
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Kosi should be given one, maybe two more games to prove himself and or get some match fitness and or be part of a winning team.
This part I agree with.

Everyone else who was quiet had that luxury, preseason and all.
Two more games. Then that's enough. I'm over waiting for him to a) find form b) find fitness c) heal.

I suspect he might be too.

That said, I reckon a rested Macca's a better fit for the opposition and the venue.