Litmus Test

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Litmus Test

A very interesting game this and not because of anything to do with flag hopes in 2011.

You can't help but think that the current strategy and management plan that was clearly enacted after the Bombers game is in full swing now.

The litmus test is this week. I reckon papers could be stamped.

It’s ok to go alright when you play injury ravaged bottom dwelling sides but how will certain players go against the best.

I’m really looking forward to see how players like Peake go this week. He was found out on the big stage a couple of times last year and he really needs to perform well this week. Still shaking my head about that kick in GF2.

Armitage needs to show what he can do against the best. He’s stepped up this year but this week will really tell us if he’s got more work to do.

It will be great to see how Polo goes this week. He’s obviously done enough in the past two weeks to keep his spot but it could be straight back to Sandy and beyond if he doesn’t perform well in games like the one coming up.

Big Mac needs to have huge crack. His GF performance could come back to haunt him. With Jolly out he needs to win the points against woods or at least draw even.

Dal Santo at HB. I’m really hoping RL continues the experiment to see how it works against the Pies.

Siposs. Shouldn’t expect much from the ‘Kid’. He’s shown enough already and in a way I’m glad RL has kept him in the side. Give him the litmus test and if it turns pair shape then get him subbed of as quick as possible before that cocky self assured attitude he seems to have takes a huge dint (ala Rocca Vs Dawson). Love that about him and looks like he’s going to be able to back it up.

All in all one can’t help think that RL is trying to complete a dossier on every player on the list well before trade time comes around. It just makes sense.

Bring on 2012

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Very good post.

But 2011 isn't over yet.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
spert
Saintsational Legend

I reckon RL has given the entire playing group inexperienced to experienced, the ultimatum that whoever performs on the big stage, keeps getting games, and if you're not prepared to get hurt to win, then off to Sandy you go.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I reckon RL has given the entire playing group inexperienced to experienced, the ultimatum that whoever performs on the big stage, keeps getting games, and if you're not prepared to get hurt to win, then off to Sandy you go.
thats a big possibility.

Ross could have easily brought in Clarke, Mcqualter, Kosi, Gram for this match and dropped or not given a game to Simpkin, ledger, sipposs.

Althought it is still a possibility that either Dempster or Goddard may pull out at the last minute in which case Gamble or Clarke may come back in.

Thois young team could get trampled on but, its still a gutsy way to go when its only round 11.
Good on him

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Litmus Test

Cairnsman wrote:A very interesting game this and not because of anything to do with flag hopes in 2011.

You can't help but think that the current strategy and management plan that was clearly enacted after the Bombers game is in full swing now.

It’s ok to go alright when you play injury ravaged bottom dwelling sides but how will certain players go against the best.

I’m really looking forward to see how players like Peake go this week. He was found out on the big stage a couple of times last year and he really needs to perform well this week. Still shaking my head about that kick in GF2.

Armitage needs to show what he can do against the best. He’s stepped up this year but this week will really tell us if he’s got more work to do.

It will be great to see how Polo goes this week. He’s obviously done enough in the past two weeks to keep his spot but it could be straight back to Sandy and beyond if he doesn’t perform well in games like the one coming up.

Big Mac needs to have huge crack. His GF performance could come back to haunt him. With Jolly out he needs to win the points against woods or at least draw even.

Dal Santo at HB. I’m really hoping RL continues the experiment to see how it works against the Pies.

Siposs. Shouldn’t expect much from the ‘Kid’. He’s shown enough already and in a way I’m glad RL has kept him in the side. Give him the litmus test and if it turns pair shape then get him subbed of as quick as possible before that cocky self assured attitude he seems to have takes a huge dint (ala Rocca Vs Dawson). Love that about him and looks like he’s going to be able to back it up.

All in all one can’t help think that RL is trying to complete a dossier on every player on the list well before trade time comes around. It just makes sense.

Bring on 2012
Brilliant post.
Armitage is the real deal

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:A very interesting game this and not because of anything to do with flag hopes in 2011.

Bring on 2012
Brilliant post.
What do you classify as the "real deal"

AA selection
Brownlow medalist
B&F winner
200+ gamer
Norm Smith Medalist
AFLPA MVP

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
tony74 wrote:

Bring on 2012
Brilliant post.

AA selection
Brownlow medalist
B&F winner
200+ gamer
Norm Smith Medalist
AFLPA MVP
Well unlike some here I doubt he will be any of those. If he helps the side considerably and can play 150 plus games then he has done a great job.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
tony74 wrote:

Bring on 2012
Brilliant post.

AA selection
Brownlow medalist
B&F winner
200+ gamer
Norm Smith Medalist
AFLPA MVP
Well unlike some here I doubt he will be any of those. If he helps the side considerably and can play 150 plus games then he has done a great job.
What not even a B&F?

philtee
Club Player

I like young Litmus.
To all you haters out there, GIVE THE KID A GO.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

What did we think in the end. Who's had their papers stamped?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:What did we think in the end. Who's had their papers stamped?
Well noone really. But we know what we always knew. Schneids and Milney are crap in big games. They are "small game players".

And big gorillas taking contested marks inside 50 are just as important in todays footy than they always were. I think we are one big sized quality fwd short of being competitive.