To that lady

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

To that lady

'That lady' who was more like some sort of an animal who came to the front of the cheer squad bay in the 4th quarter to abuse us and tell us that she couldn’t hear us or see us etc. She sure could dish it out and call us ever name under the sun, abuse defenceless old ladies who do nothing but live for the club, well done you filthy cow.

I do believe people when they say they can’t hear us, but not last night.

And for anyone who honestly cannot see us, get those eyes tested. 40 flags, 5 pompoms and 15 floggers shaking over the fence, all in the one bay...pretty hard to miss if you ask me.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I can certainly see the cheersquad, appears a lot of effort in pom poms and signs.

In all honesty though Dools, I didn't hear it much from where I was sitting?

Especially when the games are in the balance, I don't hear much enouragement noise, more cheering after something takes place.

Just some feedback for you, if you can take it :)

degruch
Saintsational Legend

^^^ 'That lady'???

noreason41
Club Player

From the wing, i could hear it...towards the end of the 3rd quarter.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:^^^ 'That lady'???
:lol:

Not likely :wink:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
degruch wrote:^^^ 'That lady'???
:lol:

Not likely :wink:
:P

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I was in Bay 38 and teh noise from teh Buuldogs Cheer Squad seemed much louder than the Saints one.

Also theirs seemed to have many more 'adult voices' whereas ours sounded a lot like kids/girls.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

noreason41 wrote:From the wing, i could hear it...towards the end of the 3rd quarter.
Sure you werent mistaken for the group of about 15 that were making noise behind the cheersquad???

Serious question though. Why didnt the cheersquad join in with this group whenever they started chanting and cheering? The CS just sat there with dumb looks on their faces. Is it arrogance that they dont want another group to start chants or something?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
noreason41 wrote:From the wing, i could hear it...towards the end of the 3rd quarter.
Sure you werent mistaken for the group of about 15 that were making noise behind the cheersquad???

Serious question though. Why didnt the cheersquad join in with this group whenever they started chanting and cheering? The CS just sat there with dumb looks on their faces. Is it arrogance that they dont want another group to start chants or something?
Was that group waering orange hats?

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Mr Magic wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:

Nope no orange caps that i saw, arent they on level 3...

Newman
Club Player

But St Dooley ... what happened to the famous 'Another Saints Go Marching Win' banner that I donated to cheer squad ??

Saints Angel
Club Player

My family have sat on the wing since the year 2000 and we don't hear our cheer squad much at all. from there I don't know how many you are in number but think your banners are really terrific. Just a bit of feedback for you to work with. Go Sainters.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:

Nope no orange caps that i saw, arent they on level 3...
But was "that lady" wearing an orange hat  :wink:

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

That kind of abuse is obviously over the top, but there is no doubt that we have the most timid, quiet, stuffy old cheer squad of any team in the league and have had for many years.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Dools why don't you take esky's full of oranges laced with Vodka for the Cheersquad to enjoy. This would surely increase the noise levels.

The clubs reputation was built on blond party boys and discos. I say it's about time we went back to our roots.

Give Molly a call and invite him back to the cheer squad to be head of recruitment.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Attention cheersquad- get megaphones and make a bit of noise!!!!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Dools why don't you take esky's full of oranges laced with Vodka for the Cheersquad to enjoy. This would surely increase the noise levels.

The clubs reputation was built on blond party boys and discos. I say it's about time we went back to our roots.

Give Molly a call and invite him back to the cheer squad to be head of recruitment.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I actually like the idea of bringing Molly back into the fold. He was afterall an OG CS member. He'd help turn every game into a block party. BRING THE NOISE!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Dools why don't you take esky's full of oranges laced with Vodka for the Cheersquad to enjoy. This would surely increase the noise levels.

I actually like the idea of bringing Molly back into the fold. He was afterall an OG CS member. He'd help turn every game into a block party. BRING THE NOISE!
given Molly attends only slightly more games than Warney and faints at the first sign of pressure not sure thats the way to go

why don't the " group of 15" someone mentioned move to another section of the ground and help make the noise 'surround' sound.
the best way to make noise expand is to ahve it reverberating around the ground- with many making an effort

I'm guessing they couldn't stand behind the opposition cheersquad but one of my suggestions to the "Saints footy' team when they were suggesting they were going to meet in aisle 33 level 3 was why sit so close to an exisitng group when setting up at either end or the dockside would ensure there were groups leading the chantes from around the ground.
just as Dave set's the social club reserved seating area going, there are a couple in the area I sit in who get it going.

there are wasy to make it happen if you don't like it get involved and take some respossibility..
could on those who have been willing and are able to attend and give a bit volountarily.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:why don't the " group of 15" someone mentioned move to another section of the ground and help make the noise 'surround' sound.
the best way to make noise expand is to ahve it reverberating around the ground- with many making an effort
How about a "Rebel Cheer Squad" like Hawthorn had in the 80's or 90's?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
saintbrat wrote:why don't the " group of 15" someone mentioned move to another section of the ground and help make the noise 'surround' sound.
the best way to make noise expand is to have it reverberating around the ground- with many making an effort
How about a "Rebel Cheer Squad" like Hawthorn had in the 80's or 90's?
maybe the Docks squad- and make a spot near Victory room- or the Locker squad - near gate 1

'Grog' will not be acceptable, Rebel has connotations of being against - and I would hope they would be looking to work with the club and other supporters.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:'Grog' will not be acceptable, Rebel has connotations of being against - and I would hope they would be looking to work with the club and other supporters.
they could be a straight edge cheer squad, bratty.
Last edited by Sainternist on Sat 11 Jun 2011 5:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: To that lady

saintdooley wrote:'That lady' who was more like some sort of an animal who came to the front of the cheer squad bay in the 4th quarter to abuse us and tell us that she couldn’t hear us or see us etc. She sure could dish it out and call us ever name under the sun.
Mum

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: To that lady

saintdooley wrote:'That lady' who was more like some sort of an animal who came to the front of the cheer squad bay in the 4th quarter to abuse us and tell us that she couldn’t hear us or see us etc. She sure could dish it out and call us ever name under the sun, abuse defenceless old ladies who do nothing but live for the club, well done you filthy cow.

I do believe people when they say they can’t hear us, but not last night.

And for anyone who honestly cannot see us, get those eyes tested. 40 flags, 5 pompoms and 15 floggers shaking over the fence, all in the one bay...pretty hard to miss if you ask me.
Did you offer her a Membership Form so that she could join the Cheersquad and make the difference she demands? I'm sure that would have shut her up :roll: :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Also theirs seemed to have many more 'adult voices' whereas ours sounded a lot like kids/girls.
And of course, there is nothing wrong with that...

But if you're trying to generate atmosphere, you need to get young guys in there.

They'll clamber to be part of the North Terrace at Melbourne Victory games, but Cheer Squads attract a different, er, people. It's just not appealing to young guys.

Pom poms, floggers, squeally chants...hardly rocket science.
Last edited by evertonfc on Sat 11 Jun 2011 7:38pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:

nah...he prefers the storm these days...perhaps the players are more to his liking...or vice versa......not that there is anything wrong with that..... :wink: :oops: 8-)

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.