Why did we not clallenge....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Why did we not clallenge....

To make a point of supporting a club player???

Regardless of outcome, make a stand, and a public statement about this ludicrous rubbish...cop the fine also....

Thats right, i forgot, we are as weak as piss and incompetant to boot.....we have cruelled steve bakers career, because of being inept.

Geelong, melbourne, collingwood, hawthorn have all recently did this....with far more blatent cases....lost....but showed their supporters that they would not bow down and take it in the arse by these embarrasing cowboys trying to run a flawed system...

What did they win....the player in questions respect, and their supporters...

The suspension was a joke.....next time he should do exactly the same in a tackle

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Only f***ing harder

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

It seems the club may be well overdue for a little firing and hiring of legal reps.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

You are amazing. Everything this club does is wrong. If we had of gone to the tribunal you would have posted why give kosi another week by going to the tribunal.

And if he does the same in the tackle again he is just proving he as silly as you. Why would you try and get reported again. That will show them. We lose Kosi for 4 or 5 weeks next time but at least we proved how silly we are.
Last edited by plugger66 on Tue 21 Jun 2011 9:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Why did we not clallenge....

BigMart wrote:To make a point of supporting a club player???

Regardless of outcome, make a stand, and a public statement about this ludicrous rubbish...cop the fine also....

Thats right, i forgot, we are as weak as piss and incompetant to boot.....we have cruelled steve bakers career, because of being inept.

Geelong, melbourne, collingwood, hawthorn have all recently did this....with far more blatent cases....lost....but showed their supporters that they would not bow down and take it in the arse by these embarrasing cowboys trying to run a flawed system...

The suspension was a joke.....next time he should do exactly the same in a tackle
How do you know that the decision not to challenge wasn't fully supported by Kosi?

Maybe it was even his decision once advised of the options and possible outcomes.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:

How do you know that the decision not to challenge wasn't fully supported by Kosi?

Maybe it was even his decision once advised of the options and possible outcomes.
He knows. He just knows. He knows about recruiting and how fit the players are. He just knows.

ando051
Club Player

Had a risk of getting another extra week if challenged. The other cases you mentioned had nothing to lose with the amount of points received. Don't forget Kosi tackle was only equal to a week and half it was his bad record that added the extra week

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

How do you know it was supported by kosi??

I am guessing he would be a little bemused by it, like 80% of talkback...again one of our suspensions defies logic, but we accept it meekly...

I would have risked 4 weeks....personal opinion...sometimes enoigh is enough...

And plugger, you amaze me.....you staunch defending of all club decisions, proved right or wrong, could be seen as loyal....or blind faith...or lack of own opinion...

We have made many a good decision...esp under the lyon regime of 08-10...but on occasion have completely f***ed up....and our history is littered with failure and mis-mangement.....surely you agree on that!

This was a principle thing imo.....stand up and object

Two things about you i am guessing
Your not a union rep
Your a climate change advocate

Because you seem to always believe and accept what the powers that be say

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

And i suppose you have spoken to kosi about it just recently, yeah....

Surely, you know the exact opposite to me to be true, and with certainty....you are on the inner sanctum yes, you speak with players and officials daily i understand :wink:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:How do you know it was supported by kosi??
I don't claim to know whether Kosi supported it or not. And for that reason I can neither condone or condemn the club's actions.

That's the only point I was trying to make.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The more I read & hear about the sling tackle arguement the more I believe that the rule is wrong in that it penalises the outcome, not the action. To challenge Kosi's suspension at the tribunal would be a waste of time, effort & money because he went outside the rules as they are today. The rule, just like the advantage rule and the sub rule should be reviewed at the end of the season. Also, in order to get the rule changed.., someone needs to come up with a better one. Ideas? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I am guessing he would be a little bemused by it, like 80% of talkback...again one of our suspensions defies logic, but we accept it meekly...

And plugger, you amaze me.....you staunch defending of all club decisions, proved right or wrong, could be seen as loyal....or blind faith...or lack of own opinion...

We have made many a good decision...esp under the lyon regime of 08-10...but on occasion have completely f***ed up....and our history is littered with failure and mis-mangement.....surely you agree on that!

Your not a union rep

I think you have got me wrong. i dont support everything the club does but when i have no idea of the facts, which you dont in this case, i dont abuse the club as being incompetent.

As for the 2 things. you got the first right. Would never join a union in my life. You are 180 degrees wrong on the second one.

And finally i dont think I have ever spoken to Kosi in my life or if i had i was pissed and cant remember.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Your not a union rep

I think you have got me wrong. i dont support everything the club does but when i have no idea of the facts, which you dont in this case, i dont abuse the club as being incompetent.

As for the 2 things. you got the first right. Would never join a union in my life. You are 180 degrees wrong on the second one.
Is that Celsius or Fahrenheit :wink:

bergsone
SS Life Member

Bottom line,its a BS decision

Great game their turning this into,absolute bulls***

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

At least Dooley will be happy... :lol:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:Bottom line,its a BS decision

no, it was the correct decision under the current rules.

I feel sorry for all of those that don't understand that point.

Sad really.

bergsone
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:

Sad really.
Dont feel sorry for me,feel sorry for the ones who make the rules,and the ones who agree with em

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Maybe the club reviewed the Trengrove appeal and thought the result would have been exactly the same.

Seems like Geelong and Sydney felt the same way as well.

But then again others know exactly what went on at the club so they can confidently call the club incompetent, even though they have no idea of the processes involved.

After Attila Sipposs put the record straight on here, one would have felt that some posters would have the sense to not mouthing off about things like they are experts.

Hmmmm rampant ego's are hard to control I suppose 8-)

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

What's the big deal..... Its not as if we were talking about a good player....

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:What's the big deal..... Its not as if we were talking about a good player....
Has dools hacked your account GO?

bergsone
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:What's the big deal..... Its not as if we were talking about a good player....
Its the game in general

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

saintspremiers wrote:

Sad really.
Perhaps you would be so kind as to post an extract from the current rules of the games, in particular, the part that explains what it is that Kosi did wrong, detailing specifically which rule he broke.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

What record was put straight?

If you feel the club was right, ok, your opinion....am i allowed my opinion, to which the club should not agree with a decision most football commentators, reporters, analysts and supporters think is unjust??

And i do know some of the facts

I saw the incident, saw the relay, saw the slo-mo.....

Honestly....the tackle had the ability to knock-out....The one on steven was a lift, and could break a neck....

Suspensions are now dictated by injury in a collision sport....go figure...

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Thank you true believer.... What part of the tackle was incorrect...

The biomechanics of the tackle could be easily argued, due to momentum....was his alternative to let him go half way through the tackle..... ross would have loved that....he still had possesion...

Should he have reduced the force???
A soft tackle maybe??

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Under Lyon we don't often challenge, I don't know if it works though as we seem to be like cosmetics industry rabbits for the AFL to try new laws out. The clarification after Trengove was that it was a secondary movement after the initial tackle to drive the player into the ground. I think we may have been able to argue that point.