Luke Ball

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Luke Ball

Another Luke Ball thread!

Another opportunity awaits!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Luke Ball

I see he wants a pay rise.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Please come back, we still love you!

markp
Saintsational Legend

Re: Luke Ball

bigcarl wrote:I see he wants a pay rise.
But he doesn't play for money, never about money with Ball... he just wants his fellow players to be treated fairly, an end to war, and peace on earth.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

We would have won the 2009 flag if Lyon wasn't so stubborn and played him for 59 minutes instead of 57.

It is a known fact.

Also Ball is a great bloke and really all his teammates at the Saints who took a pay cut to allow him to get $500k a year (you know to keep the group together and all that) didn't think it was unfair that he wanted $600k a year even though he didn't warrant that.

No great bloke is Ball, not after money at all :roll:

Funny how he is the front man for the cash grab coming up to his third year backended contract 8-) .

Nah - great bloke, not worried about money at all.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:We would have won the 2009 flag if Lyon wasn't so stubborn and played him for 59 minutes instead of 57.

It is a known fact.

You forgot to mention the 2010,2011,2012 premierships as well. Throw in Ben Cousins also and we would have the 2013,2014 flags also

Bring back the Lockett era
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
joffaboy wrote:We would have won the 2009 flag if Lyon wasn't so stubborn and played him for 59 minutes instead of 57.

It is a known fact.

You forgot to mention the 2010,2011,2012 premierships as well. Throw in Ben Cousins also and we would have the 2013,2014 flags also
Plus Judd in the first place and we would have had 2004,2005,and 2008.

So Luke Ball has actually cost us 9 flags in 10 years projecting out to 2014.

And some people still like him.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:

It is a known fact.

Now there's forward planning. Bally is the last player you'd want talking about fair pay. Great player for Collingwood though.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Lots of deep meaningful discussions about Luke Ball and how and why he went to Collingwood.

I'm a bit over it, like many other people.

Put simply, I used to like the bloke when he played for us and now I don't. :P

fingers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
jonesy wrote:

It is a known fact.

Plus Judd in the first place and we would have had 2004,2005,and 2008.

So Luke Ball has actually cost us 9 flags in 10 years projecting out to 2014.

And some people still like him.
9 flags. He owes us a lot.!

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:Lots of deep meaningful discussions about Luke Ball and how and why he went to Collingwood.

I'm a bit over it, like many other people.

Put simply, I used to like the bloke when he played for us and now I don't. :P
+1, the joke's getting a bit old.

Let this be the last Luke Ball thread that doesn't get moved to the opposition forum. 8-)

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

premiership player.

smarter than his old coach.

better person than his new coach.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
It is a known fact.

Also Ball is a great bloke and really all his teammates at the Saints who took a pay cut to allow him to get $500k a year (you know to keep the group together and all that) didn't think it was unfair that he wanted $600k a year even though he didn't warrant that.

No great bloke is Ball, not after money at all :roll:
2012 will be an interesting year for Mr Ball. At the current rates he will be paid (around $60,000) similar to a 1st year 2nd Round Draft Pick (after picking up close to $500,000 this yr) !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:premiership player.

smarter than his old coach.

better person than his new coach.
worth a hell of a lot more than andrew lovett.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Probably a nice guy, don't know him so can't say...

However hugely overated.

Not even in the top 20 for first possessions, centre bounce clearances, or overall clearances.

Sure he tackles an awful lot, but probably because of the above stats.

Only Lenny's injury has people lamenting his walking out.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:hugely overated.

Not even in the top 20 for first possessions, centre bounce clearances, or overall clearances.

Agree. Just a plodder. I rate him just above Mini. Solid player, tries hard. Doesn't win a lot of the ball.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Probably a nice guy, don't know him so can't say...

However hugely overated.

Looks like he was overated by the pies coaches as well. 5th in their B&F in a premiership year and probably a chance to finish higher this year. Who is overating him anyway?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Looks like he was overated by the pies coaches as well. 5th in their B&F in a premiership year and probably a chance to finish higher this year. Who is overating him anyway?
The Magpies just pumped him up to justify to other players his enormous pay packet.

In truth he is about 18 on their list and only gets a game as a human battering ram to protect thoroughbreds like Swan and Pendlebury etc.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Looks like he was overated by the pies coaches as well. 5th in their B&F in a premiership year and probably a chance to finish higher this year. Who is overating him anyway?
The Magpies just pumped him up to justify to other players his enormous pay packet.

In truth he is about 18 on their list and only gets a game as a battering ram to protect the likes of Swan and Pendlebury etc.
Well that could down as one of the silliest comments on here but luckily for you there are just to many to beat and I have most of them. Yep they are going to rig the B&F to justify his payment in a premiership year when not one person outside probably Saints supporters and the pies would give a stuff. I have a feeling winning a premiership would have got a little more publicity than where Bally finished in the pies B&F.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Yep they are going to rig the B&F to justify his payment.
sort of an encouragement award or "most determined" IMO.

P-L-O-D-D-E-R

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:

P-L-O-D-D-E-R
Yes he was in the last couple of years at the Saints and IMO was overated by fans but now that he is playing back near his best and not at our club we underate him. I dont watch other clubs players closely but I will go with the coaching panel and he was 5th in a B&F in a premiership year. You must be a better judge than their coaching panel.

SainterSoul
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:Agree. Just a plodder. I rate him just above Mini. Solid player, tries hard. Doesn't win a lot of the ball.
He isn't just a plodder. He is a essential ingredient to Collingwood's success. Unfortunately, because he was injured throughout the last few years, RL had dim view of what he could provide for the club. Luke Ball, when fit (like now) would be useful to us, or any team for that matter.

He isn't there to do the fancy stuff. He is just there to force it out to their runners, and those with clean disposal, ie. Pendlebury.

It's been discussed ad nauseam already, but I sitll wish we had him.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

P-L-O-D-D-E-R
Yes he was in the last couple of years at the Saints and IMO was overated by fans but now that he is playing back near his best and not at our club we underate him.
Well maybe he has improved not having a Lenny Hayes obviously well above him (and justifiably so) in the pecking order as an in and under.

But still not even in the top 20 for first possessions, centre bounce clearances, or overall clearances ... Jack Steven is a better clearance player and he's just a kid.
Last edited by bigcarl on Thu 30 Jun 2011 3:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Lukey - he only had one Ball
The other was hanging on the wall
His brother, the dirty bugger
Cut it off when he was small

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

P-L-O-D-D-E-R
Yes he was in the last couple of years at the Saints and IMO was overated by fans but now that he is playing back near his best and not at our club we underate him.
Well maybe he has improved not having a Lenny Hayes obviously well above him in the pecking order as an in and under.

But still not even in the top 20 for first possessions, centre bounce clearances, or overall clearances ... Jack Steven is a better clearance player and he's just a kid.
Try watching the game. You can do anything with friggin stats.