Why was Cripps dropped?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BringBackLuke

Why was Cripps dropped?

Does anyone know the reasoning behind Cripps' absence in recent weeks? I don't recall him getting injured and he had a really good knack for kicking goals.

PS - watching the footy at the moment and I just have to say that Harry Taylor is the most overrated player in the AFL. One good game against an injured Riewoldt in a GF and all of a sudden he's described as one of the league's "premier" backman... rubbish

I still can't believe the ball bounced over Jamie Shanahan's head into Darren Jarman's lap 4 times in one half of footy... kills me...
ando051
Club Player

Re: Why was Cripps dropped?

BringBackLuke wrote:Does anyone know the reasoning behind Cripps' absence in recent weeks? I don't recall him getting injured and he had a really good knack for kicking goals.

PS - watching the footy at the moment and I just have to say that Harry Taylor is the most overrated player in the AFL. One good game against an injured Riewoldt in a GF and all of a sudden he's described as one of the league's "premier" backman... rubbish
Had a operation with "Compartment Syndrome" of the calf muscle said it was a season ending injury, but reported at the start of the week he has rehabbed better than expected and could be back before season end.

BringBackLuke

Thanks mate - lets hope he gets back because I loved watching that kid play footy

I still can't believe the ball bounced over Jamie Shanahan's head into Darren Jarman's lap 4 times in one half of footy... kills me...
Megsie
Club Player

CRIPPS...........mate there was so much written about his injury.

Megsie
Club Player

just noticed your name.

no wonder you didn't know what happened to Cripps. Doubt you follow
the saints.

BringBackLuke

Megsie wrote:just noticed your name.

no wonder you didn't know what happened to Cripps. Doubt you follow
the saints.
I'm a 20-year Saints member.

First memories of the footy are at Moorabbin of a bloke called Jeff Hilton with a rockstar mullet wearing no.52 (possibly no.58) in the reserves.

Back then I used to think Danny Craven and Brett Bowie were the same person.

If you want any further evidence of my Saints fandom, I'm more than happy to write a few paragraphs on the virtues of Gordon Fode.

As for Bally - he's a friend, so of course I'd love him back at the club... hate seeing him in the Pies colours - it still doesn't look right.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

BringBackLuke wrote:As for Bally - he's a friend, so of course I'd love him back at the club... hate seeing him in the Pies colours - it still doesn't look right.
can you ask him the simple question then- was it the money or the game?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
BringBackLuke

saintbrat wrote:
BringBackLuke wrote:As for Bally - he's a friend, so of course I'd love him back at the club... hate seeing him in the Pies colours - it still doesn't look right.
The game

Luke's intelligence is such that he's never going to have an issue earning money post-football

Kate
Club Player

Craven had a buzz cut, whilst Bowey had the full on mullet. I doubt many Saints fans mixed those two up.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Bowey was way taller at 5'5"

Craven was only 5'3"

Hilton had a fierce mullet.....

BringBackLuke

Kate wrote:Craven had a buzz cut, whilst Bowey had the full on mullet. I doubt many Saints fans mixed those two up.
I was 4 - I could barely see over the fence

Kate
Club Player

And yet you were so scared by the events two years later, when you were 6! :roll:

By the way St. Kilda last played a Moorabbin in 1992. If you're now twenty then you were 1 or 2 tops when we last played there.

How about entertaining us with your recollection of Arctic Park instead.

The trolls aren't getting any smarter.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

BringBackLuke wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
The game

Luke's intelligence is such that he's never going to have an issue earning money post-football
iQ and earning money don't always go hand in had.

Ask him how his Uni course is going....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

BringBackLuke wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
The game

already asked my question BUT why Collingwood... and guessing one question will always lead to another- why could he not work it out...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
BringBackLuke

Kate wrote:And yet you were so scared by the events two years later, when you were 6! :roll:

By the way St. Kilda last played a Moorabbin in 1992. If you're now twenty then you were 1 or 2 tops when we last played there.

How about entertaining us with your recollection of Arctic Park instead.

The trolls aren't getting any smarter.
Whoa - what's with the hostility? 4 in 1988 = 27 today

And I was at that last game in 1992 - I was on the ground when they honored each team member who played that day

And let's look at this objectively - I'd have to be a pretty sad person to spend my Sunday morning trying to fool a forum into thinking I go for a particular footy team

As for Arctic Park - forget what year it was, but I do recall a rather strange day when the wind changed mid-game so Melbourne had a howling gale for 3 quarters

St Lenny
Club Player

BringBackLuke wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
The game

Anyone new is always accused of being a troll, its a right of passage.

Back to LB. I find it VERY difficult to believe money didn't come into it. I believe he was poorly advised by his Manager and Father. But gosh, this subject has been done to death.

Megsie
Club Player

If it wasn't about money why didn't Luke go the Demons??

offered same money plus captaincy!!!!

Of course it's always about money with him.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:
BringBackLuke wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
The game

Back to LB. I find it VERY difficult to believe money didn't come into it. I believe he was poorly advised by his Manager and Father. But gosh, this subject has been done to death.
One of the oddest comments I've read on here in a while. How can you say he was "poorly advised" to go to the Pies? How could his decision worked out any better?

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:
BringBackLuke wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
The game

One of the oddest comments I've read on here in a while. How can you say he was "poorly advised" to go to the Pies? How could his decision have worked out any better?

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift