Mitch CLARK rumour...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Mitch CLARK rumour...

From a Bigfooty post ...hopefully true !

Clark is talking to St Kilda tomorrow evidently , its 6PR Sports Central's rumour night tonight . Karl Langdon has been told this from U/18 personal today....

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Zac Attack
Club Player

First round plus what?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Arent we paying him?

sasaint
Club Player

Big thumbs up if true. :wink:

Zac Attack
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Arent we paying him?
that too, but wait Riewoldt goes onto the vet list so therefore all the problems of the world are solved?

St Loxton
Club Player

How old is this guy? Could be very good if not too old. Can kick a goal or two.

Still dont like or believe any future trade banter at this time of year, just dont want to ever see that happening to our game.

Is just a rumour though, grain of salt.

Hunter Clark 2024 StKilda Saints Premiership captain.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Zac Attack wrote:
that too, but wait Riewoldt goes onto the vet list so therefore all the problems of the world are solved?
Yep because the club would not have known that when doing other players contracts.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

St Loxton wrote:How old is this guy? Could be very good if not too old. Can kick a goal or two.

Still dont like or believe any future trade banter at this time of year, just dont want to ever see that happening to our game.

I think he is about25/26
but you are correct, no point talking about trades now, we would still have to come up with a trade deal

I love this club
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Stillwaiting wrote:
St Loxton wrote:How old is this guy? Could be very good if not too old. Can kick a goal or two.

I think he is about25/26
but you are correct, no point talking about trades now, we would still have to come up with a trade deal
Mitch Clark is 24 in October, he'd be an awesome get.

But you're right, you don't get something for nothing. That is, unless you're very clever and very dirty. Filthy, even.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Zac Attack
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Zac Attack wrote:
Yep because the club would not have known that when doing other players contracts.
Agreed, the amount of planning gone into the contract lists and obligations mirrors John Beveridge's real idea of the football talent of Justin Sweeney...none.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:

I think he is about25/26
Mitch Clark is 24 in October, he'd be an awesome get.

But you're right, you don't get something for nothing. That is, unless you're very clever and very dirty. Filthy, even.
knowing the way that these things seem to work for us, he will probably end up in a filthy jumper

I love this club
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I would love to have the bloke wear a Saints jumper. Ready made forward/ruckman with the best part of his career ahead of him. I wouldn't want to give up our first round pick though. I'd prefer to off load a player or two.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:I would love to have the bloke wear a Saints jumper. Ready made forward/ruckman with the best part of his career ahead of him. I wouldn't want to give up our first round pick though. I'd prefer to off load a player or two.
Like who?

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:I would love to have the bloke wear a Saints jumper. Ready made forward/ruckman with the best part of his career ahead of him. I wouldn't want to give up our first round pick though. I'd prefer to off load a player or two.
I'd happily offload a draft pick for a readymade potential AA forward/ruck. If we need to trade players I suspect Gilbert would be involved

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Who is he?

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
Zac Attack
Club Player

mad saint guy wrote:
I'd happily offload a draft pick for a readymade potential AA forward/ruck. If we need to trade players I suspect Gilbert would be involved
We get say pick 15 for Gilbert and use that plus our first rounder (20-25 approx) and could that do it? Perhaps offer both picks for an inside top 10 pick and con gorzidzas our way to Clark.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Like who?
I think Armo or Gilbert would be a good fit for the Lions not that I want them to leave. That's being realistic. I could throw up names like Raph or Mini but I doubt they would want them.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Looks like we all agree (sort of).

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Zac Attack wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:
We get say pick 15 for Gilbert and use that plus our first rounder (20-25 approx) and could that do it? Perhaps offer both picks for an inside top 10 pick and con gorzidzas our way to Clark.
Gilbert for Clarke straight swap seeing as he's from Qld. Maybe Gilbert + 2nd rounder for Clarke + 3rd rounder something like that.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

guys remember this was posted as a RUMOR at BIGFOOTY

Bowey Boy
Club Player

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:Who is he?
er..me too?

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:guys remember this was posted as a RUMOR at BIGFOOTY
I wouldn't be surprised if Clarke left as there have been plenty of rumours that he and Rich are being squeezed out of the Lions salary cap. Most rumours point towards both going to GWS and Rich looking at heading back to WA though. If the Saints could snag him it would be great.

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Bowey Boy wrote:
er..me too?
I'm serious...I don't even know who he plays for. Don't know all the players on other teams. Don't do supercoach or dreamteam or anything.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
Bowey Boy wrote:
er..me too?
I'm serious...I don't even know who he plays for. Don't know all the players on other teams. Don't do supercoach or dreamteam or anything.
He's a ruckman/forward for the Lions that was near AA in 2009. Google is your friend if you want to know more about him.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Thought you were joking..........

Mitch Clark, 24, 200cm ruckman from WA. Taken by Brisbane Lions at no 9 in the 2005 draft :shock:

Was more of a forward, but has done very well in the ruck.

Hold your ground :shock: