How bloody good was Zac

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

How bloody good was Zac

Go on Zac doubters, slam him for todays efforts! Oh of course he only had 8 touches...

Tossers!

Love the Zac.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

played well , then again the whole backline did a good job

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

I am a Zac fan, was good today

I love this club
Zac Attack
Club Player

he had nothing to do considering the power only had 17 inside 50s for the first 3 quarters.....

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: How bloody good was Zac

Iceman234 wrote:Go on Zac doubters, slam him for todays efforts! Oh of course he only had 8 touches...

Tossers!

Love the Zac.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Definitely one of Zac's better games :)

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Dawson played very well today - reckon he goes ok most games. Some wanted him tipped out for Port this week :shock:

Hold your ground :shock:
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Who did he beat?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Bardon Saint
Club Player

I don't think his performance was as great as what it is being made out to be. I think he did ok, that is all. Without looking too closely, he got beaten on a lead at least once (but that's ok) but got caught under a high ball once again which he does all too often. If I was Zac's opponent, I would instruct my forawards to be ahead of me, make a lead or baulk to go forward but have my teammates kick over my head so I can run back and take the mark. Easier said then done but worth trying from what I've seen.

I feel that a game against a struggling side, with average tall forwards, poor delivery into Port's forward line and lack of delivery has helped Zac get some kudos this week. Not too mention some very good performances by saints players assisting in defence and controlling the midfield which may have helped.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

For most of the match, Schultz who kicked 7 goals last week. The previous week he beat bigtime Petrie an inform player who was supposedly going to monster him. :shock:

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

You should judge the quality of a FB when they're one on one with their opponent and Zac is terrible when he's left one out. He gets plenty of chop outs from Fisher, Goddard, Gwilt and Gilbert. And apart from the odd spoil, he offers us nothing. No run, doesn't take contested marks, zilch and consistently gives away stupid free kicks. Seriously overrated by some on here.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:For most of the match, Schultz who kicked 7 goals last week. The previous week he beat bigtime Petrie an inform player who was supposedly going to monster him. :shock:
Schultz kicked 7 against The Bears. Petrie was triple teamed by us last week.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Old Mate wrote:You should judge the quality of a FB when they're one on one with their opponent and Zac is terrible when he's left one out. He gets plenty of chop outs from Fisher, Goddard, Gwilt and Gilbert. And apart from the odd spoil, he offers us nothing. No run, doesn't take contested marks, zilch and consistently gives away stupid free kicks. Seriously overrated by some on here.
Spot on!!!

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:For most of the match, Schultz who kicked 7 goals last week. The previous week he beat bigtime Petrie an inform player who was supposedly going to monster him. :shock:
Schultz has had a good year - give some credit..........

So when Riewoldt is triple teamed - why does the FB often get credit for 'holding Riewoldt' and folks say he is out of form :shock:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Schultz has had a good year - give some credit..........

So when Riewoldt is triple teamed - why does the FB often get credit for 'holding Riewoldt' and folks say he is out of form :shock:
Dunno, but it happens every week.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Bardon Saint wrote:I don't think his performance was as great as what it is being made out to be. I think he did ok, that is all. Without looking too closely, he got beaten on a lead at least once (but that's ok) but got caught under a high ball once again which he does all too often. If I was Zac's opponent, I would instruct my forawards to be ahead of me, make a lead or baulk to go forward but have my teammates kick over my head so I can run back and take the mark. Easier said then done but worth trying from what I've seen.

I feel that a game against a struggling side, with average tall forwards, poor delivery into Port's forward line and lack of delivery has helped Zac get some kudos this week. Not too mention some very good performances by saints players assisting in defence and controlling the midfield which may have helped.
+1

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

It's a low bar set for Dawson. He'd fart and get credit for sh!tting his pants.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Don't even try to have a balanced view and congratulate good performances when it's Zac, Raph, Kosi, Eddy, Gram, basically any player apart from Roo, Dal, Goddard and a lesser extent Montagna, it only stirs them up.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:It's a low bar set for Dawson. He'd fart and get credit for sh!tting his pants.
charming.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Coinhead

drop dawson. Infact trade him to another club for no picks. Easily the worst full back in the league. He only looked O.K today because we played port. Any other club and all he does is attack the player and not the ball, biggest dud.

Milney <3
PJ
SS Life Member

drop dawson. Infact trade him to another club for no picks. Easily the worst full back in the league. He only looked O.K today because we played port. Any other club and all he does is attack the player and not the ball, biggest dud.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
PJ
SS Life Member

I need some really crap wallpaper thanks.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Dawson got some good touches and took a couple of solid marks but his defensive work wasn't great. Got caught napping when Shulz got free to have an open run at a contest and marked and goaled. Was also beaten too easily in a couple of one on ones and struggled to keep up on the lead.

I'm not a Zac basher or a Zac fanboy. I think he's generally an ok defender but has semi regular lapses in concentration and loses easy contests or gives away unnecessary free kicks. That said, he usually keeps his opponent below three goals and is pretty good in the air. He's also our only defender with the height to take the taller key forwards and resting ruckmen.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:It's a low bar set for Dawson. He'd fart and get credit for sh!tting his pants.
Not that I'm buying into Zac's performance yesterday but I'm a bit disturbed by the visual this analogy provides.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Bardon Saint wrote:I don't think his performance was as great as what it is being made out to be. I think he did ok, that is all. Without looking too closely, he got beaten on a lead at least once (but that's ok) but got caught under a high ball once again which he does all too often. If I was Zac's opponent, I would instruct my forawards to be ahead of me, make a lead or baulk to go forward but have my teammates kick over my head so I can run back and take the mark. Easier said then done but worth trying from what I've seen.

Credit where its due and Zac more than beat his opponent yesterday. The example you put up to try and discredit Zac is pretty piss poor considering all full backs are vunerable to a deep kick over there heads to an opponent.

For three years Zac has basically received no fan fare for his job at FB from media and the press. The old line that he gets help gets trundled out when ever his name gets mentioned. Someone show me a defence that doesnt heilp each other out.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Zac Attack
Club Player

CURLY wrote:

Credit where its due and Zac more than beat his opponent yesterday. The example you put up to try and discredit Zac is pretty piss poor considering all full backs are vunerable to a deep kick over there heads to an opponent.

For three years Zac has basically received no fan fare for his job at FB from media and the press. The old line that he gets help gets trundled out when ever his name gets mentioned. Someone show me a defence that doesnt heilp each other out.
The post is not even discrediting Zac. We defend so well as a back 6/press/flood/whatever it is called that essentially we don't need a quality fullback against terrible teams. Someone needs to stand there and attempt to make a contest.

Zac is vulnerable 1 on 1 and always has been.

I equate Zac's performances and the ease with which he has it to Jonothan Brown in the Brisbane Lions forward line from 2001-2004. Blind Freddy could have snagged a few such was the talent and the confidence around him.

It is actually an indictment on Zac that he does not perform better more often given the help he gets from both the quality players and the game style that we play.