FFS Lyon...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

FFS Lyon...

Why dont you "play the kids" like you did earlier this year?

Remember back to those great days when we had one win from the first seven games.

Now you have stopped playing them look at our form. What good is 6 wins out of 8 games when we need to play kids.

Wouldn't it be better to have kept playing the kids and come stone motherless last than to win games like last night?

Geez how dissapointing you dont listen to the experts at Saintsational.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I think he (sort of) has been playing the kids. Blake and Baker aren't getting games whereas Armo and Steven are (2 kids).

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

All the good kids got injured.

:(

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

No - old mate youa re wrong wrong wrong.

Apparently the brainstrust at SS believe that lyon is a fool and should stack the team with 18 y.o.s and lose every game.

Well they got that for rounds 1 to 8. Since then the kids who have DESERVED a game, Mac, Armo, and Steven have received games. Sipposs deserved another but is injured.

Players demanded to be dropped by the experts here, Gilbo, Gram, Zac, Raph, Kosi, Peake etc have all found form.

If we went down the path of the hysterics on here we would have won maybe two or three games, certainly we would have been flooged last night.

It shows that panicked supporters should not ever have a say in the running of the club.

Que Richmond.....

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:All the good kids got injured.

:(

While the OP is taking the p***.

This is the reality of the situation.

All except Siposs...though even he has some niggles.

Ledger and Cripps would still be very much in the mix if up and about. In 2012 I think both will play a lot of football in the seniors.

But yes as the OP implies the calls by some to play all the kids at once were never going to fly.

With Gwilt out...Simpkin or Lynch may replace him.

Personally I am of the view that to step up that the team as whole needs an injection of a better ball user or two...and bit of extra pace will not go astray.

The Clubs re-emergence has largely paralleled the re-emergence of Peake....with his pace, improved disposal and knack of running when and where to run into space, and to run in support.....and that our improvement has gone hand in hand with his is no coincidence.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bozza1980
Club Player

Re: FFS Lyon...

joffaboy wrote:Why dont you "play the kids" like you did earlier this year?

Remember back to those great days when we had one win from the first seven games.

Now you have stopped playing them look at our form. What good is 6 wins out of 8 games when we need to play kids.

Wouldn't it be better to have kept playing the kids and come stone motherless last than to win games like last night?

:lol:

Good call!!

The man should be sacked!! How dare he plan to win games and reward youth with games when they will add to the side.

Apart from Gold Coast we have played more debutants than anyone, yet still have strong claims to a final position, what's the man thinking??

Surely he knows you either win every game or none of them, i also can't believe he hasn't traded all our superstars yet.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
PJ
SS Life Member

The Clubs re-emergence has largely paralleled the re-emergence of Peake....with his pace, improved disposal and knack of running when and where to run into space, and to run in support.....and that our improvement has gone hand in hand with his is no coincidence.
Brett Peake has certainly set an example to all the players. Hope he has a lot to do with Cripps in terms of mentoring. Cripps has the same WA connection and would have watched Peakey as a kid.

I really wish people would climb off Polo's back and start supporting the man - yes he's no superstar but it takes time to get the hang of a new couch, club, game plan and team mates. Everyone wants instant brilliance in our traded players and just expects because they've played before that they should have it all together.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

sack him

ring mick 8-)

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

The biggest joke of all is how some people think the shite peddled on here actually has some bearing on the running of the club..... :roll:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

we all know that ross comes here and gets little snippets of ideas.

dont even BEGIN to deny he doesnt

:sarcasm:

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

What a desperate, retarded thread.....attention seeking now..

Look at me, look at me...

Pathetic really..

The smug threads by you and plugger after a win are simply stupid....

Its like you want supporters to eat humble pie after a win.....we would prefer to enjoy it and be happy that ross was right.....as he mostly is...Not always though, as you would have us believe, btw we are 11th with 7 wins and only 2 against top 8 sides, but anyways thats another argument....

How were we looking at three qtr time, im not even sure we played a solid game...but had two very good qtrs.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

About time he listened to some knee jerk fools and started tanking- pick 17 in a watered down draft is slipping out of our hands.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:What a desperate, retarded thread.....attention seeking now..

Pathetic really..

Its like you want supporters to eat humble pie after a win.....we would prefer to enjoy it and be happy that ross was right.....as he mostly is...Not always though, as you would have us believe, btw we are 11th with 7 wins and only 2 against top 8 sides, but anyways thats another argument....

How were we looking at three qtr time, im not even sure we played a solid game...but had two very good qtrs.
Are you lost?
This thread isn't about Luke Ball being intelligent and a good bloke or Andrew Lovett being the opposite, so why are you here?

The hypocrisy of this look at me accusation is hilarious....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Pathetic really..

I think someone knows that they fall in the category this thread and my thread were getting at and that person doesnt like it. Yep we like to enjoy our wins. Read what you have written again because it seems you cant enjoy a win and have to put a negative spin on just about every win. This time it is who we have beaten lately and that we were behind at three quarter time.

St Lenny
Club Player

:lol:

BallBanger
Club Player

Did that make you feel good...earlier in the yr we did not have jack but mini.

Maybe if mini and Eddy had been replaced and younger talent were developed we may have not had such a hole in the forward half in the GFs.

Must continue to develop and turn list over than play developed ordinary players with little talent

BallBanger
Club Player

Pathetic really..

I thought at first it was pss66 but (jb) morons always seem to find each other

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Nice Maverick..

Am i wrong about the two you mentioned??

Or can you enlighten me also.....love to hear you take....this thread is s*** anyway, so ruining it is not a problem

This thread was nothing more than antagonistic.....so just giving my thoughts.......not lost.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Nice Maverick..

Am i wrong about the two you mentioned??

Or can you enlighten me also.....love to hear you take....this thread is s*** anyway, so ruining it is not a problem

This thread was nothing more than antagonistic.....so just giving my thoughts.......not lost.
You're wrong about Ball definitely, Lovett you were always right, but he is a footballer not a mate, so his personality can be tolerated if he delivers what we want on the field. He was worth the risk to me.

The thread is well deserved IMO, I wish the people at the game inside the reserved areas had the same egg thrown on them as well.

At 3/4 time I thought we would win, was I the only one?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

PJ
SS Life Member

No I had us with another burst to come. Weagles couldn't maintain the 3rd term pace, you knew they would slow.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:
No I had us with another burst to come. Weagles couldn't maintain the 3rd term pace, you knew they would slow.
I knew we would too.

WCE have had poor last quarters for much of this year, and flipside, Saints just push until the dying seconds.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:
PJ wrote:
I knew we would too.

WCE have had poor last quarters for much of this year, and flipside, Saints just push until the dying seconds.
I had belief- but then I did have a crate of little green empty bottles next to me and a group of Bali bargirls wearing the Saints caps!!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Oh dear, using words like retarded, from a teacher as well :D
BigMart wrote:Look at me, look at me...
Oh the dripping irony.....
BigMart wrote:Pathetic really..

Oh dear, seems like someones inflated ego has had it pricked lately.

Give us some more of your opinionated "facts" - lol this is truly hilarious, you of all people caling others smug.

Do you possess any self awareness at all????
BigMart wrote:Its like you want supporters to eat humble pie after a win.....
Is it? Or is the case that I was just making an observation and not directing it at anyone in particular.

You can tell from this turgid tawdry response of yours, you think everything is directed at you.

As i said - hilarious.
BigMart wrote:we would prefer to enjoy it and be happy that ross was right.....as he mostly is...Not always though, as you would have us believe,
I dont believe Ross is always right, just that some arrogant know all egotists are not always right, and their worthless opinions are not facts...if the cap fits hot shot.... 8-)
BigMart wrote: btw we are 11th with 7 wins and only 2 against top 8 sides, but anyways thats another argument....
And just think we could have been 16th with two wins if Ross had only listened to the experts and just "played the kids"
BigMart wrote:How were we looking at three qtr time, im not even sure we played a solid game...but had two very good qtrs.
Yup - we would have looked much better with another 6 or so 18 year olds in at three qtr time.

Now toddle off to the mirror and tell yourself how great you are, someone will finally believe it.

What a wonderful response. Thumbs up champ. :D :D

Lance or James??

BallBanger
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Oh dear, using words like retarded, from a teacher as well :D
BigMart wrote:Look at me, look at me...
Oh the dripping irony.....
BigMart wrote:Pathetic really..

Oh dear, seems like someones inflated ego has had it pricked lately.

Give us some more of your opinionated "facts" - lol this is truly hilarious, you of all people caling others smug.

Do you possess any self awareness at all????
BigMart wrote:Its like you want supporters to eat humble pie after a win.....
Is it? Or is the case that I was just making an observation and not directing it at anyone in particular.

You can tell from this turgid tawdry response of yours, you think everything is directed at you.

As i said - hilarious.
BigMart wrote:we would prefer to enjoy it and be happy that ross was right.....as he mostly is...Not always though, as you would have us believe,
I dont believe Ross is always right, just that some arrogant know all egotists are not always right, and their worthless opinions are not facts...if the cap fits hot shot.... 8-)
BigMart wrote: btw we are 11th with 7 wins and only 2 against top 8 sides, but anyways thats another argument....
And just think we could have been 16th with two wins if Ross had only listened to the experts and just "played the kids"
BigMart wrote:How were we looking at three qtr time, im not even sure we played a solid game...but had two very good qtrs.
Yup - we would have looked much better with another 6 or so 18 year olds in at three qtr time.

Now toddle off to the mirror and tell yourself how great you are, someone will finally believe it.

What a wonderful response. Thumbs up champ. :D :D
I can't believe I read this but Joffa, do you get way ahead of yourself....

Do you & 66 sleep together?

Always thought if you screw something long enough they come out bent

cannot believe your drivel...wow