The Official "Play Tommy Walsh Thread"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The Official "Play Tommy Walsh Thread"

There you go.

Jump on board if you wish!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Why is this an offficial thread?

Why is there an official "Play Tommy Walsh thread" before we have had the "Play David Armitage in his correct position before Ross Lyon ruins another potential champion St.Kilda players career" official thread?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Why is this an offficial thread?

Why is there an official "Play Tommy Walsh thread" before we have had the "Play David Armitage in his correct position before Ross Lyon ruins another potential champion St.Kilda players career" official thread?
Hey JB - you really are an "ideas man".

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

On Board

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
The_Carpet_Snake
Club Player

How about a "I trust the coach since i don't have a clue what's going on at the club and Ross Does"...thread

Love you Lenny
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The_Carpet_Snake wrote:How about a "I trust the coach since i don't have a clue what's going on at the club and Ross Does"...thread
Sorry - no cigar, it needs to be official.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
The_Carpet_Snake
Club Player

How about the "official I trust the coach since i don't have a clue what's going on at the club and Ross Does"...thread
Last edited by The_Carpet_Snake on Thu 04 Aug 2011 2:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

Love you Lenny
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

and the OFFICIAL "We want to see a pic of joffaboy in his Red, Black & White MANKINI" thread :shock: :roll: :lol: :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:

and the OFFICIAL "We want to see a pic of joffaboy in his Red, Black & White MANKINI" thread :shock: :roll: :lol: :wink: !!
You are a sick stalker who needs to tell themselves some home truths :wink:

Wanting to see a bloke in a mankini is very concerning, especially for your missus :D :D :wink:

Lance or James??

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

no he wont be picked this week

Furphy
Club Player

I'm on board, it'd be great to see him play a senior game this year.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I have taken heed not to plagiarise OP for it is an "Official Thread"

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
SaintSimmo
Club Player

im on board, however im now convinced that he will NOT play a game this year (unless injuries strike) :cry:

Sainter for life.
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

SaintSimmo said :
im on board, however im now convinced that he will NOT play a game this year (unless injuries strike)
How many more injuries will it take before Walsh gets a game?

Zac is out - a perfect position for Walsh. Freo are depleted. It is a home game. Walsh has good form at Sandy.

Walsh is the future and needs to be tried at AFL level. Blake is experienced and maybe has a bit more flexibility. He is the "safe option."

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:SaintSimmo said :
im on board, however im now convinced that he will NOT play a game this year (unless injuries strike)

Zac is out - a perfect position for Walsh. Freo are depleted. It is a home game. Walsh has good form at Sandy.

Walsh is the future and needs to be tried at AFL level. Blake is experienced and maybe has a bit more flexibility. He is the "safe option."
This is an 8-point game that is critical in us getting a home final. Freo took West Coast within one point two weeks ago. The best 22 should be selected.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Eastern wrote:

You are a sick stalker who needs to tell themselves some home truths :wink:

Wanting to see a bloke in a mankini is very concerning, especially for your missus :D :D :wink:
Comedic value ONLY :shock: :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

jays
Club Player

play the guy

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
Junction Oval wrote:SaintSimmo said :

This is an 8-point game that is critical in us getting a home final. Freo took West Coast within one point two weeks ago. The best 22 should be selected.
The experienced, "old" players also wont win a grand final this year. Look at Collingwood, they keep brining players like Fasolo. The only place we are going is down.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Blake is only a short term fix. You'd think he'll be out next week for Dawson.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The_Carpet_Snake wrote:How about a "I trust the coach since i don't have a clue what's going on at the club and Ross Does"...thread
I agree, I have blind faith that everything Ross does is 100% correct all the time and don't have any opinion of my own on any topic despite my observations

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Call me selfish but I would have loved to see Tommy in the team, even as the sub. Just want a taste of the big man.... :shock:

St Loxton
Club Player

Just like a rubber band Tommy's gonna be an almighty force once he is given his chance after being held back at Sandy.
And when he does get his chance it will be worth the wait.
Well if its not this year, i hope he is told he is wanted next year in Australia and does'nt go home.

Hunter Clark 2024 StKilda Saints Premiership captain.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Maybe, just maybe, Tommy will get a run next week against the Pies.

Although that may sound ridiculous, perhaps Ross and the selectors are playing safe with the games we must win.

No one expects us to beat the Pies and it's not the end of the world, or season, if we don't. Maybe he'll be more prepared to experiment with Tommy in that situation.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

St Loxton wrote:
Well if its not this year, i hope he is told he is wanted next year in Australia and does'nt go home.
there is nothing to go home to Ireland is a complete mess. he gets paid for playing football here.

In another thread I said Walsh wasn't that good. I really meant at the moment, but he has great potential.

Remember, another tall irishman who played for Melbourne played over 50 games in the old VFA before he was chosen for Melbourne.

he went on to win a Brownlow medal.

Be patient.

Lance or James??

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
St Loxton wrote:
there is nothing to go home to Ireland is a complete mess. he gets paid for playing football here.

In another thread I said Walsh wasn't that good. I really meant at the moment, but he has great potential.

Remember, another tall irishman who played for Melbourne played over 50 games in the old VFA before he was chosen for Melbourne.

he went on to win a Brownlow medal.

Be patient.
I'm surprised no one here has posed the question: Do you really want to keep a guy that would be shallow enough to think that if he doesn't play in his second season he should go back home? Not that I think this is Walsh's mindset. But I certainly wouldn't play a guy just because he has threatened to head back to Ireland if he doesn't play. He shouldn't be holding the club to ransom. Not that I think he is.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs