I love Ross, But..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintjake
Club Player

I love Ross, But..

Its times like this that I start to doubt the man!
His unwillingness for change or for anything different is our achilles heel.
Before you all say "our yung kids aren't up to it" and all the other usual responses just think about it.

Both Collingwood and Geelong show that they are open to playing young kids. Vardy, Christianson, Sidebottom, Beams, Fasolo.
Yeah it can be risky if they don't come up, but at least they get the experience and its a carrot in front of them. They know that if they play well they will get selected.
Last year Collingwood refused to select blokes like Medhurst and Lockyer in favour of the younger guys and it worked.

Last year, Ross kept playing Eddy and Mcqualter both were out of form and not doing to much but kept getting played because we were winning. It seems that if we are winning to Ross that means everyone is playing good. Which obviously isnt true there is always blokes pushing to play better in the twos.
Anyway Eddy got delisted after last year and I thought he might of seen his flaw. But then with selected Blake today its just going conservate. Im not saying Blakes not worth a selection you always know what you will get.
But Tommy has been in the best numerous times and has a future in front of him, Why not blood him just put him in there and leave him there.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

So because of one selection, he has lost you?

This side has accomodated Armo, Steven, McEvoy and Geary in 2011.

I have no doubt Ledger, Cripps and Siposs would be rotating through the side as sub had they had not been booked in for early surgery to get them prepared for next year.

Let's see who Geelong and Collingwood decide on when the whips are cracking.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

There is lots of empathy with your thoughts Saintjake.

As I posted on another thread, how many more injuries will it take before Walsh gets a game?

Zac is out - a perfect position for Walsh. Freo are depleted. It is a home game. Walsh has good form at Sandy.

Walsh is the future and needs to be tried at AFL level. Blake is experienced and maybe has a bit more flexibility. He is the "safe option."

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:There is lots of empathy with your thoughts Saintjake.

As I posted on another thread, how many more injuries will it take before Walsh gets a game?

Zac is out - a perfect position for Walsh. Freo are depleted. It is a home game. Walsh has good form at Sandy.

Walsh is the future and needs to be tried at AFL level. Blake is experienced and maybe has a bit more flexibility. He is the "safe option."
Maybe he thinks Walsh is too good and doesnt want to embarrass Froe or maybe he sees these guys play every week and thinks Blake could do a better job.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Why would Walsh get a game this week when we are battling for a spot in the 8? This is hardly the time to experiment.

saintjake
Club Player

SainterK wrote:So because of one selection, he has lost you?

I have no doubt Ledger, Cripps and Siposs would be rotating through the side as sub had they had not been booked in for early surgery to get them prepared for next year.

I never said he lost me, I said "times likes these"
I still think he is one of the handful of good coaches left. His inability to take a risk is hsi only downfall IMO.
AND! Collingwood played kids in the Grandfinal. And won.

saintjake
Club Player

fingers wrote:

Why would Walsh get a game this week when we are battling for a spot in the 8? This is hardly the time to experiment.
ITS NOT AN EXPERIMENT! the bloke has been in the best at Sandy! I didnt see Blake in the best.
He should be selected because he damn well deserves a spot.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:
fingers wrote:

ITS NOT AN EXPERIMENT! the bloke has been in the best at Sandy! I didnt see Blake in the best.
As you saw the game last week can you tell me where Blake and Walsh played?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:

I still think he is one of the handful of good coaches left. His inability to take a risk is hsi only downfall IMO.
Nearly backfired, some of their worst GF1 were the kids.

I just don't see how Blake (one guy) being an inclusion is enough to justify the outcry.

Still think he will take Kepler, in the ruck, and when he pushes forward.

saintjake
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
saintjake wrote:

Nearly backfired, some of their worst GF1 were the kids.

I just don't see how Blake (one guy) being an inclusion is enough to justify the outcry.

Still think he will take Kepler, in the ruck, and when he pushes forward.
In the original post I said that im not saying Blakes isn't worthy of a selection, Its not an attack on Blake its a frustration of Ross Lyons refusal to give players a start

saintjake
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
saintjake wrote:
fingers wrote:

No i wasnt, i was working, but I did see Walsh named in the best.. again.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Lyon talks about "Integrity with Selection" but that surely is just a crock of shyte reeking hypocrisy.

"Integrity with selection"

PERLEEEEEEEEEEZE

What a total load of bollocks!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:Lyon talks about "Integrity with Selection" but that surely is just a crock of shyte reeking hypocrisy.

"Integrity with selection"

PERLEEEEEEEEEEZE

What a total load of bollocks!
If Blake doesn't play, your wobbly will look pretty silly Barks. :wink:

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:...Why would Walsh get a game this week when we are battling for a spot in the 8? This is hardly the time to experiment.
Too obvious.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

No wobbly,

just calling it as I see it!

How many years is Walsh into his four year apprenticeship before he gets a game?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintjake wrote:
fingers wrote:

Yep he played forward. Blake played back. We needed a backman to replace Zac unless Rooy went back and Walsh played forward.

saintjake
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
saintjake wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintjake wrote:
fingers wrote:

Yep he played forward. Blake played back. We needed a backman to replace Zac unless Rooy went back and Walsh played forward.
So with Ross saying he is looking at buying a big forward in the off season, he doesn't see a reason to try Walsh?
Didn't he play forward in Gaelic and was dubbed the Irish Barry Hall?

goddardisgod
Club Player

Perhaps in the first part of the season, Ross viewed him as a defender. Guess where our settled Talls were?

And now in the second half, Ross views him as a forward. Where's are our settled talls now.

Personally, don't think that under an injury cloud, he should have been playing on the Gold Coast.

But, The time to complain was last week numpties.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

So even after playing more first gamers than anyone apart from Gold Coast we still have people whinging and whining :roll:

Considering lyon watches the games every week, go to all training, and knows what the team needs more than some internet armchair experts, I put my faith in Ross.

Blake is a far better backman than Walsh, and is also more versatile.

Walsh is nothing special.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintjake wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintjake wrote:
fingers wrote:

So with Ross saying he is looking at buying a big forward in the off season, he doesn't see a reason to try Walsh?
Didn't he play forward in Gaelic and was dubbed the Irish Barry Hall?
Obviously havent see much of gaelic footy. They dont really have key position players but even if they did what has that to do with our game.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Still have a feeling McEvoy may be a late out, and Blake may play in the ruck against Kepler.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Still have a feeling McEvoy may be a late out, and Blake may play in the ruck against Kepler.
Why?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:Still have a feeling McEvoy may be a late out, and Blake may play in the ruck against Kepler.
Why?
He looks sore, even a bit injured late against the Suns.

Has Jolly, Mummy and Goldstein in the coming weeks....just a feeling.

Happy to be wrong.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I've already made mention of that in another thread, you copy cat.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:No wobbly,

just calling it as I see it!

How many years is Walsh into his four year apprenticeship before he gets a game?

a few of us would like to know the answer to that....conservatism can be a bitch at times......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.