Gram

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Hallalj#3
Club Player

Gram

Deserves a mention been really good the last month.. It shows that some players just need to be played in 1 postion he's obviously a half back and that's where he has always played he's best footy.. Saved his career..

Saints Angel
Club Player

Re: Gram

[quote="Hallalj#3"]Deserves a mention been really good the last month.. It shows that some players just need to be played in 1 postion he's obviously a half back and that's where he has always played he's best footy.. Saved his career..[/quote]

Don't know about last month but last 2 weeks there has been a lot of improvement.

bergsone
SS Life Member

IMO had to improve big time on what he was showing few weeks back,still after how many years ,not sold on Gram.Be happy to see a youngster take his spot

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:IMO had to improve big time on what he was showing few weeks back,still after how many years ,not sold on Gram.Be happy to see a youngster take his spot
One of the silliest posts on here for a while.

bergsone
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
bergsone wrote:IMO had to improve big time on what he was showing few weeks back,still after how many years ,not sold on Gram.Be happy to see a youngster take his spot
That coming from you,your kidding

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
No I am serious. Stupid post or you are just having a lend of us. No one couldnt know that little about footy.

bergsone
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
bergsone wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
No I am serious. Stupid post or you are just having a lend of us. No one couldnt know that little about footy.[/quote Slanging match time is it?If you knew me then you wouldnt be saying so,i dont believe i should have to go through my footballing career.

BTW because I have never been a big Gram fan doesnt mean I wont call it as I see it ,plays well,fair cop,thought he was very ordinary few weeks back,showing a bit now good on him.Winmar or Lynch take his spot down the track,all good

Solar
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bergsone wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
No I am serious. Stupid post or you are just having a lend of us. No one couldnt know that little about footy.[/quote Slanging match time is it?If you knew me then you wouldnt be saying so,i dont believe i should have to go through my footballing career.

BTW because I have never been a big Gram fan doesnt mean I wont call it as I see it ,plays well,fair cop,thought he was very ordinary few weeks back,showing a bit now good on him.Winmar or Lynch take his spot down the track,all good
Nah I have to agree with p66 here, stupid post. Ross hs given him some jobs which has seemed to focus him. Using the ball better and seems to have put the court case behind him.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Saints Angel wrote:
Hallalj#3 wrote:Deserves a mention been really good the last month.. It shows that some players just need to be played in 1 postion he's obviously a half back and that's where he has always played he's best footy.. Saved his career..
Don't know about last month but last 2 weeks there has been a lot of improvement.
Coinciding with the completion of the Lovett case perhaps :idea:

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Lots of improvement shown lately from the "2nd tier" players.

Let's hope that the Captain catches this disease this week!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Has been good since port adelaide.....when he went to half back and played a shutdown role....

He has been a great player for 6 years...bar possibly some games in 2010 after a twelve week lay off, and a lowish patch between rnd 7 and 12 this year...

Critisism is usually unwarranted and inaccurate...

His output this year has been quite good...

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

got his composure back and was excellent Friday night
without him we'd have a tattoo shortage

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Does he have a licence to pull out of marking contests and watch the opposition take uncontested marks?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yup
would seem so

handy player tho
you need run and carry types
should be kicking more goals tho

id like to see at least a dozen in a season

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:Does he have a licence to pull out of marking contests and watch the opposition take uncontested marks?
But he only did it once.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
barks4eva wrote:Does he have a licence to pull out of marking contests and watch the opposition take uncontested marks?
But he only did it once.
Probably a provisional 'one shirk' license...

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
But he only did it once.
Because he was only presented with this situation once.

Also at a ball up in defence, looked around found opposition player unmanned, manned him up then watched the ball in the air while opponent ran five metres clear and Gram just stayed rooted to the spot.

What is the point in manning up a player in our defence if as soon as the ball is bounced you're going to let him run free unaccounted for :?:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
But he only did it once.

Also at a ball up in defence, looked around found opposition player unmanned, manned him up then watched the ball in the air while opponent ran five metres clear and Gram just stayed rooted to the spot.

What is the point in manning up a player in our defence if as soon as the ball is bounced you're going to let him run free unaccounted for :?:
Yep look for all the negatives. Dont look at what run he gives and the play he sets up.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

I can understand why the majority of the whipping boys cop it whether I agree or not but this one bewilders me.

Lets get one thing straight. No player that can regularly get 30 posessions is a dud even if they do butcher some of them.

It's actually becoming more common for players today. Let's go through some. Sam Gilbert, David Armitage, Zac Dawson, Raph Clarke, Farren Ray all can't kick for s#@t either

Everyone's in love with Peak at the moment because he's having a purple patch I don't know how often he's been strolling forward on his own with no pressure and passes to a lead and it goes a mile over their head!!!!

Oh and lets not forget Golden Boy who can't kick between two sticks wide enough to fit three semi trailers side by side from 20 metres out!!!! Oh but he's courageous which wins games at the end of the day.

Yes he might be soft. Yes he might shank some of them but still plenty of hand balls come off and he also does hit targets and drive the ball deep into our forward line still resulting in goals.

I would still rather take a chance with his 30 touches than 12 from someone else with a bit better efficiency.
Last edited by Winmar7Fan on Mon 08 Aug 2011 3:13pm, edited 2 times in total.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
But he only did it once.

Yep look for all the negatives. Dont look at what run he gives and the play he sets up.
So we should just ignore it when Gram is SOFT and unaccountable?

Plenty of time for Gram to be a spectator after he retires or gets delisted!

When the pressure is really on against top opposition like the last time we played Geelong for example, his turnovers resulted in about four goals, through shanks, helicopters and missed targets.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Winmar7Fan wrote: I would still rather take a chance with his 30 touches than 12 from someone else with a bit better efficiency.
How exactly does he acquire these 30 touches?

Against Geelong the last time we played them his " 30 touches " resulted in far more goals to the opposition than to us by a ratio of about four to nil!

Yes we have quite a few players with ordinary skills but at least none of them are soft and none of them spectate while an opposition player takes an uncontested mark when they have the ability to make it to the contest.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:So we should just ignore it when Gram is SOFT and unaccountable?
Go and have a look at the final seconds of GF1 in 2010 :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote: I would still rather take a chance with his 30 touches than 12 from someone else with a bit better efficiency.
How exactly does he acquire these 30 touches?

Against Geelong the last time we played them his " 30 touches " resulted in far more goals to the opposition than to us by a ratio of about four to nil!

Yes we have quite a few players with ordinary skills but at least none of them are soft and none of them spectate while an opposition player takes an uncontested mark when they have the ability to make it to the contest.
Your Exaggerating him out to be far worse than he is.

Ok if thats the case who would you prefer to drop him for?
Name which player you would rather put in to take him out of the side that would do better for us?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
barks4eva wrote:So we should just ignore it when Gram is SOFT and unaccountable?
Go and have a look at the final seconds of GF1 in 2010 :roll: :roll:
You pick out one contest ( and what happened exactly, didn't he just do what is expected )

I see your :roll: :roll: and raise it to :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

compared to the THOUSANDS of examples of him pulling out, spectating and unaccountability.

Why pick up an opponent in defence at a ball up when as soon as the ball is bounced you just let the opponent run five to ten metres away while you stand still watching the ball?

Why stand and spectate while you allow a player to take an uncontested mark?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Saints Angel wrote:
Hallalj#3 wrote:Deserves a mention been really good the last month.. It shows that some players just need to be played in 1 postion he's obviously a half back and that's where he has always played he's best footy.. Saved his career..
Coinciding with the completion of the Lovett case perhaps :idea:
I wondered myself...he hasn't been a superstar, but he's 500% better than he was a month ago. I even saw him do a reasonable kick into our F50!