Media Player Perception.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Media Player Perception.

On Friday night Nick Riewoldt playing on Luke McPharlin took ten marks had 17 possesions and was a focal point of our attack all night. While not at his out and out best he clearly had McPharlin beat. Looking at this weeks team of the round in the HUN it has McPharlin down as fullback. They add that after he clearly beat Riewoldt.

Could you imagine Zac Dawson recieving such positive reviews of his game if Pavlich had 17 touches and ten marks? Either Riewoldt is the greatest player of all time or Im watching differant games.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

The man misses important goals.

It's the one thing that takes the gloss off his performances. And it's happened for too long, for it to go unnoticed by the media and footy public.

It'll take at least a season or two of really good kicking to change the perception there is of him.

Buddy misses lots of goals too - but he also consistently kicks the big ones.

totallyfrank
Club Player

I prefer it over quick time

If you aim to fail and succeed, what have you done?
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

I suppose it's because he just didn't kick goals but you're right he ran McPharlin into the ground. He'd broken him by 3/4 time. He got on some great leads after that Rooey and it was little wonder we ran right over the top of them.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Yeah I was wondering how the hell Mcpharlin made TOTW. He had a pretty average game really

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

He was obviously the best FB for the week. Someone has to go there and Rooy didnt kick a goal. Dont see any problem at all.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:He was obviously the best FB for the week. Someone has to go there and Rooy didnt kick a goal. Dont see any problem at all.
By default, you may right re: McPharlin...since Melbourne, Gold Coast, Port Adelaide fullbacks only got to watch the ball sail over their heads, whilst Carlton, Geelong and Collingwood fullbacks didn't get a touch, Bulldogs had a bye, so that's 7/17 gone. I'd suggest you look up the other end of the ground on Friday night for the best FB of the round...how did Bradley go? How did Blake go?

EDIT: Oops, no GWS yet!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:He was obviously the best FB for the week. Someone has to go there and Rooy didnt kick a goal. Dont see any problem at all.
By default, you may right re: McPharlin...since Melbourne, Gold Coast, Port Adelaide fullbacks only got to watch the ball sail over their heads, whilst Carlton, Geelong and Collingwood fullbacks didn't get a touch, Bulldogs had a bye, so that's 7/17 gone. I'd suggest you look up the other end of the ground on Friday night for the best FB of the round...how did Bradley go? How did Blake go?

Blake went well but I actually rate Rooy a little better than Bradley who has been in the seconds for the last 5 weeks.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Im not to worried about the TOTW. My point was that Dawson held Kennedy to one ,Petrie to two ,Tippet to one and the media never acknowledged his efforts. That was a three week block of in form forwards had little to no influence . Others would be labelled as AA Fullbacks.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:

Blake went well but I actually rate Rooy a little better than Bradley who has been in the seconds for the last 5 weeks.
Blake's been in Arizona the last 5 weeks? I see your point, but Blake hurt the opposition a lot more than McPharlin...Roo still had 3-4 shots that could have been goals, plus the same number of actual scoring assists. I guess only Saints fans would notice that forward delivery was pretty average in the first half too.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
Im not to worried about the TOTW. My point was that Dawson held Kennedy to one ,Petrie to two ,Tippet to one and the media never acknowledged his efforts. That was a three week block of in form forwards had little to no influence . Others would be labelled as AA Fullbacks.
There could have been better FB those weeks. After the North game, and I wasnt one, Dawson got slammed on here and people said he kept him to 2 but with the help of about 3 other defenders. I disagree but if we say it maybe the media was saying it too.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
There could have been better FB those weeks. After the North game, and I wasnt one, Dawson got slammed on here and people said he kept him to 2 but with the help of about 3 other defenders. I disagree but if we say it maybe the media was saying it too.
Off the top of my head, Zac's played two blinders this year:

- Rd 1 v Geelong
- Rd 17 v West Coast

A couple of shockers too:

- Rd 6 v Adelaide
- Rd 11 v Collingwood

The rest of the time he's been hovering between solid and vulnerable, often in the same game.

A very proficient spoiler, but lacking in an understanding of when to go the man and when to go the ball, not to mention bullied by bulkier key forwards.

Add to that limited offensive drive, and you have an average full-back, who whilst not being totally out of his depth, is an 11-20th best player most weeks.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
battye
Saintsational Legend

totallyfrank wrote:I prefer it over quick time
:lol:

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD