Leon Davis

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saintmania
Club Player

Leon Davis

Don't normally wish bad luck for any opposition player, but boy I hope someone cleans him up soon. To be so tactless as to point the ball at a chasing playing and taunt them smacks of an arrogance that only a Collingwood player/fan/president could display. He had a good game playing with nobody minding him but I really hope his next opponent teaches him some respect. In fact, I'm surprised/disappointed that one of our own didn't do it last night.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

me personally I wish we saw a little more emotion in our game w/o calling it poor sportsmanship

the event u described makes me want to see the square up

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Yeah.

I'd be really suprised if Malthouse didn't mention something about that to him.

If one of our players did that I'd be pissed.

That sort of arrogance and can come back and bite you...

Karma's a funny thing like that.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Just showed that some of our players lacked enough desire to get the ball first. I would have preferred to see Milne getting the ball in the forward line and showing a bit of arrogance instead, though he only seems to do it against weaker opposition.

lyonhearted
Club Player

I thought exactly the same thing when he did that - surprised none of our guys tried to ruffle his feathers after him displaying that sort of arrogance and lack of respect for the opposition. He must have had shocking BO as no one attempted to get near him at any stage last night.

Rossy needs to man him up next time if he looks like he's doing some serious damage.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

He had something to prove v St Kilda, just has to back it up in September

georgie girl
Club Player

Hate that sort of arrogance - certainly made me see red!
Poor sportsmanship - it's that simple.
Not a fan of Malthouse - but at the time thought even Malthouse wouldn't like that sort of display.
Karma will catch him one day!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

He's a receiver. I can't stand receivers. Particularly when they are given so much praise and their teammates do all the hard yards for them :twisted:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

I love it when our players do it, and we win.

loved milne's 'chainsaw' in the 03/04/05

leon played well, i remember when his own fans used to make racial comments against him. Notably his team mates and MM stuck with him.

Its our poor form we didn't shut him down.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:I love it when our players do it, and we win.

loved milne's 'chainsaw' in the 03/04/05

leon played well, i remember when his own fans used to make racial comments against him. Notably his team mates and MM stuck with him.

Its our poor form we didn't shut him down.
I think you've missed the point.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I can't wait to see the grub fail in September again.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I am the least racist person ever and usually dont think threads are racist but this is. Why mention him at all. Havent seen a thread all year on the opposition best player and knocking him. Actually pathetic and a few of you know it.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:I am the least racist person ever and usually dont think threads are racist but this is. Why mention him at all. Havent seen a thread all year on the opposition best player and knocking him. Actually pathetic and a few of you know it.
By you're comments I'm not sure you know what racism is.

Where is this thread racist?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I am the least racist person ever and usually dont think threads are racist but this is. Why mention him at all. Havent seen a thread all year on the opposition best player and knocking him. Actually pathetic and a few of you know it.

Why mention this guy? Tell us how many threads there have been on our opposition players this year. I stick with what I said. No need to wish anything on this guy unless you are racist or have guilty conscious. He was great. We couldnt stop him.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:

Why mention this guy? Tell us how many threads there have been on our opposition players this year. I stick with what I said. No need to wish anything on this guy unless you are racist or have guilty conscious. He was great. We couldnt stop him.
I stick with what I said...

Luke Ball.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:

I stick with what I said...

Luke Ball.
Great example. He played for us. Always going to cop s***.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Is this a case of border-line racism Eddy?

You really do read the HS and Listen to Triple M too much plugger.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:

You've clearly missed the point of this thread too.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:Is this a case of border-line racism Eddy?

Never listened to triple M in the last 10 years. I say it again why mention this guy when we never mention other opposition players after game unless they have whacked someone. As for Eddy, couldnt give a stuff about him unless he was going to be our president. The I would be happy.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Johnny Member wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:

Clearly...

I'm much more of a fatist than a racist...

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I say it again why mention this guy when we never mention other opposition players after game unless they have whacked someone.
Did you even read the OP?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:

Obviously. Can you tell me the point?

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:

Clearly...

I'm much more of a fatist than a racist...
I don't have much time for lardos either, I must say.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: You've clearly missed the point of this thread too.
Obviously. Can you tell me the point?[/quote]

It seems that the OP and some others, took umberdige to Leon Davis waving the ball arrogantly in an opposition player's face.

They found it to be an act of arrogance, and disrespect.

So to you answer your question about why there aren't threads about all opposition players, only Leon Davis - it's because all opposition players don't wave the pill in other players' faces in an arrogant and disrespectful manner.

If they did, I'd wager there'd be a thread on here for every time it happened.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:Is this a case of border-line racism Eddy?

Never listened to triple M in the last 10 years. I say it again why mention this guy when we never mention other opposition players after game unless they have whacked someone. As for Eddy, couldnt give a stuff about him unless he was going to be our president. The I would be happy.
The reason he's being discussed is because he waved the ball at a Saints player and taunted him saying "come on", while running with the ball... in play.

That doesn't happen everyday...

The sheer arrogance of the gesture is why he's getting a mention... not the colour of his skin.

As I said you obviously don't know the meaning of the word.

You were the first person in this thread to allude to any racist under tones.

Based on what?

The vibe I suppose.