Training

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Training

Only stayed an hour. Very ordinary conditions, would have been lucky to have 30 spectators watching!.Looked like everyone was training except long term injuries and Siposs ( couldnt spot him ) . Will Johnson just ran laps. It was a very lacklustre start to training with very little enthusiasm ( very unusual for this group however I think the weather may have had something to do with it ) Was initially worried that Roo didnt warm up with the main group and just did his own run thruoghs but on the way home I heard him on the radio so maybe he had radio committments.
Anyway thats the indifferent news. Once they got to circle work and match simulation they were extremely impressive. I have an inkling Gilbert may have a blinder this week as he trained real well and didnt miss a target at full speed ( lots of encouragement as well ). They dill alot of work with the ball coming off hands in marking contests probably cos the weather will be similar in Sydney on Sunday. Ross spent a lot of time one on one with both Ray and Armitage. Roo moved really well after my initial concerns. Gards was energetic and looked fit but my gut feeling is the team will be very similar to last week
P.S. Ross came over and had a chat to me ( probably as I was the only one on the far side of the ground ) General conversation but said he loves the club and wants to stay for the long term- not just the contract year- and wants to build the club up to a real power in the AFL. He is/will be fantastic for our club

In Ross we trust

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Good report, thanks for that!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Yep, excellent stuff as usual Tony.

Now get warm! :)

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Training

tony74 wrote:... said he loves the club and wants to stay for the long term- not just the contract year- and wants to build the club up to a real power in the AFL.....
We're incredibly lucky to have snagged Ross when we did. It's great to hear these sort of comments, especially when our board have the same view. I have no doubt Ross is the right man to lead us to a flag.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

St Chris wrote:
tony74 wrote:... said he loves the club and wants to stay for the long term- not just the contract year- and wants to build the club up to a real power in the AFL.....
We're incredibly lucky to have snagged Ross when we did. It's great to hear these sort of comments, especially when our board have the same view. I have no doubt Ross is the right man to lead us to a flag.
Said he still has nightmares over the 09 GF

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Thanks for that report Tony74 - good of Lyon to come over and have a chat to you....

Hold your ground :shock:
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Fantastic report...

Much appreciated...

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Glad to hear that, thanks Tony :)

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

A great Post as usual Tony 74. Many Posters look forward to a word or two about training - too cold & wet for me today.

I am sure that it would have been nice to have an impromptu discussion with Ross. Good on him. He will do wonders for us over the next 5 years -we must and will no doubt, keep him.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:
St Chris wrote:
Don't we all?

That was a bigger opportunity lost than last year's lucky draw IMO.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote:
tony74 wrote:
St Chris wrote:

Don't we all?

That was a bigger opportunity lost than last year's lucky draw IMO.
Yeah, he said last years could have gone either way but that we had lost the 09 one. Its what we all know

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Only stayed an hour. Very ordinary conditions, would have been lucky to have 30 spectators watching!.Looked like everyone was training except long term injuries and Siposs ( couldnt spot him ) . Will Johnson just ran laps. It was a very lacklustre start to training with very little enthusiasm ( very unusual for this group however I think the weather may have had something to do with it ) Was initially worried that Roo didnt warm up with the main group and just did his own run thruoghs but on the way home I heard him on the radio so maybe he had radio committments.
Anyway thats the indifferent news. Once they got to circle work and match simulation they were extremely impressive. I have an inkling Gilbert may have a blinder this week as he trained real well and didnt miss a target at full speed ( lots of encouragement as well ). They dill alot of work with the ball coming off hands in marking contests probably cos the weather will be similar in Sydney on Sunday. Ross spent a lot of time one on one with both Ray and Armitage. Roo moved really well after my initial concerns. Gards was energetic and looked fit but my gut feeling is the team will be very similar to last week
P.S. Ross came over and had a chat to me ( probably as I was the only one on the far side of the ground ) General conversation but said he loves the club and wants to stay for the long term- not just the contract year- and wants to build the club up to a real power in the AFL. He is/will be fantastic for our clubIn Ross we trust

You beauty!!!

Thats probably the best report I could have ever imagined!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Thanks a lot Tony… always good to read reports like these… good on you for braving the weather!

FQF
SS Life Member

tony74 wrote: Ross spent a lot of time one on one with both Ray and Armitage.
I like to hear that a lot.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

nice work Tony

prob the greatest report ever !

Rosco
Club Player

awesome work.

and ross is such a good name too.

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

tony74 wrote:
In Ross we trust
+1

So good to hear that he wants to be here for the long haul.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Thanks for the great report!

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

do you think walsh will be in the team in the next weeks or we have to wait until next year or fhe leaves?

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

saintly wrote:do you think walsh will be in the team in the next weeks or we have to wait until next year or fhe leaves?
My gut feeling is he wont make the team this year. Not at this stage of the year. I go to training regularly so I was surprised when he didn't get a run earlier this year as all the game simulations involved Roo, Kosi and Tommy as the lead up forwards. He seems a great learner, very popular around the club, and I believe they will keep him on the list. Just my view mind you, no inside information!

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

tony74 wrote:
saintly wrote:do you think walsh will be in the team in the next weeks or we have to wait until next year or fhe leaves?
My gut feeling is he wont make the team this year. Not at this stage of the year. I go to training regularly so I was surprised when he didn't get a run earlier this year as all the game simulations involved Roo, Kosi and Tommy as the lead up forwards. He seems a great learner, very popular around the club, and I believe they will keep him on the list. Just my view mind you, no inside information!
Seems pretty much right. Although I've never feared the club would cut him from the list, it would be more Tommy choosing to go home after considering the trip a failure??

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

That's a ripper report, with the last few lines warming my heart!

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Joffa 5
Club Player

St Chris wrote: Although I've never feared the club would cut him from the list, it would be more Tommy choosing to go home after considering the trip a failure??
If they're leaving him in the dark then that would certainly be a risk. But I don't see why we would be assuming they are not communicating with him and letting him know exactly where he stands in the club's plans

stinger
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:
St Chris wrote:
my night mares started in 1965..... :cry:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.