Team selections - again!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Team selections - again!

Does RL just not get it? I reckon if we went through our entire list and were to choose two players who were most inappropriate to play as sub, then Baker and Blake would be close to the top. If Baker is to be selected give him a job on McGlynn or another small fwd and let him do it. Why play Geary ahead of him? Who cares if Gears deserves his spot, it's not about individuals, it's about what suits the team. Otherwise Bakes doesn't play at all.

Playing Tom Lynch had to be a joke. Throwing the kid into the ruck against Momford was almost cruel. Apart from that, the kid just doesn't have the tools to be an AFL footballer, let alone a 1st round draft pick. He has no pace for AFL level, is not tall enough, or strong enough to play at this level - he turns like a milk trick and quite simply doesn't have the athleticism. Ppl keep saying that Tommy Walsh isn't ready - I wouldn't know, but he always seems to be getting in the best players in the magoos and he has size.

Dempster getting knocked out just summed up the day I reckon. Was our best player and he got knocked into next week. The best player in the team hasn't got a kick all year and finishes the year off nicely by hobbling around like a cripple and looks like he's running on train tracks - he can't turn. You know he's struggling when s*** trucks are starting to get the better of him :x

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

I don't think the planning had Steven Baker as sub.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Yes Walsh did very well yesterday and will come under a lot of consideration next week.

But the trouble is the cupboards pretty bare, with many players injured or even out for the year. There's not many options to those who were named, unless people are suggesting Heyne, Cahill etc.

And the selectors can hardly factor in a couple of dodgy guts less than 24 hours before game time.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:I don't think the planning had Steven Baker as sub.
I'm sure it didn't. Are we that inflexible that we can't think on the run a bit? Honestly Bakes was NEVER going to have an impact coming on late as the sub. Blake HAD to be the 2nd ruck, and Lynch would have been better off assisting in the backline somewhere if he was going to play. If this is our depth, with not a real big injury list, our depth of talent is a HUGE concern. Rhyce Stanley - where are you? Probably injured and playing soft weak footy in the 2's when he is playing.

St.Walker
Club Player

Two minutes to go and blake fists it to the boundry. whey did he no support big boy in the ruck

mullet
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:I don't think the planning had Steven Baker as sub.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote: And the selectors can hardly factor in a couple of dodgy guts less than 24 hours before game time.
yes they can. Dont you understand that RL doesn't get it (while apparently the OP does) and should have known that Dawson and Kosi were going to get gastro so bad they couldnt play.

Everyone on here could see that by Wednesday last week, why Lyon coyuldn't just shows the hopeless coach he is.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

St.Walker wrote:Two minutes to go and blake fists it to the boundry. whey did he no support big boy in the ruck
Yup - lost us the game - should be immediately delisted and RL SACKED!!!!

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Doc said it best, the cupboard is bare. Ross has his ands tied and that is why he will cut and cut relatively hard at the end of the season. Depth players like Polo and Gamble have been forced to play with injuries and lack of players putting their hands up in the magoos.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Doc said it best, the cupboard is bare. Ross has his ands tied and that is why he will cut and cut relatively hard at the end of the season. Depth players like Polo and Gamble have been forced to play with injuries and lack of players putting their hands up in the magoos.
+1

We are spent.

Time to mothbal for 2012 or start the rebuild

Lance or James??

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Dont worry about the bit players, can anybody tell me if the captain has seen a psych recently, if nit why not?

BonoRocks
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Old Mate wrote:Doc said it best, the cupboard is bare. Ross has his ands tied and that is why he will cut and cut relatively hard at the end of the season. Depth players like Polo and Gamble have been forced to play with injuries and lack of players putting their hands up in the magoos.
+1

We are spent.

Time to mothbal for 2012 or start the rebuild
yup give ross a go, his hands are tied, like it hasnt been his choise who is there in the first place, he has taken over from someone else. please!!

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Careful there,somr people at the club are above criticism. Keep that up and you nwill be labelled a troll!

kalsaint
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:Yes Walsh did very well yesterday and will come under a lot of consideration next week.

But the trouble is the cupboards pretty bare, with many players injured or even out for the year. There's not many options to those who were named, unless people are suggesting Heyne, Cahill etc.

And the selectors can hardly factor in a couple of dodgy guts less than 24 hours before game time.
Yeah, You picked it. Lack of depth and players who could be promoted are hobbling around.

Funny that, I see other teams being the same but not sufferring to the same extent but they certainly dont play them (except Essendon). And Essendon will be the same as us, out inn the the first finals game because we limped in.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency