We are getting bent over...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sobraz
SS Life Member

We are getting bent over...

by a rabble for our coach, and it seems we are going to stand by, smile and let this happen...

This makes me sick... The audaciousness of the MFC and the feebleness of our Saints...

The Melbourne Football Club are as low as it comes in the food chain... The worst performed Victorian based club, again, AFL handouts, supposedly no money in the bank, having to do charity runs like our SOS 2 decades ago..

Their playing list is crap, with barely 2-3 decent players, 1 of which just bailed on the rabble, the rest below average, sh1t membership, with fair weather supporters...

Yet, they have waltzed up to our highly regarded, successful and contracted coach, given us the bird and are seemingly about to walk away with the chocolates...

And we will be back as the laughing stock of the comp as we have been for nigh on 100 years...

I'm fed up with it...

They had a shot at Malthouse, and Eddie went so ballistic they were scared off like the lame little lambs they are..

They then went Clarkson, and the Hawks put them in their place...

There's always St.Kilda...

I am not making comment on whether or not RL is a good coach, if we want him or not, this is not the point of the issue..

I'm pissed off with the club for pretty much getting of arse handed to us by a weak, pathetic, irrelevant club, that see us as fodder... We should be bullying them...

And as for Garry Lyon... Icing on the cake..

This will translate on field as certain as night follows day...

Embarrassing..

Halo
Club Player

Agree !!

Where is our President & other Board members ??

Its about time The Club got on the Attack

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

As I've said on another thread, why are we neccessarily being bent over?

What if the club aren't that keen on him? What if they feel that 2 winnable GF's went begging, and that a 7th placed finish this year isn't really good enough?

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Johnny Member wrote:As I've said on another thread, why are we neccessarily being bent over?

What if the club aren't that keen on him? What if they feel that 2 winnable GF's went begging, and that a 7th placed finish this year isn't really good enough?
We get it Johnny, you don't rate Ross & would be happy to see him go.

The viewpoint of most people is that Ross is a gun coach & we don't like the idea of him being poached. Our admin needs to stand up & tell Melbourne to F straight Off.

kaos theory
Club Player

Re: We are getting bent over...

Sobraz wrote:by a rabble for our coach, and it seems we are going to stand by, smile and let this happen...

This makes me sick... The audaciousness of the MFC and the feebleness of our Saints...

The Melbourne Football Club are as low as it comes in the food chain... The worst performed Victorian based club, again, AFL handouts, supposedly no money in the bank, having to do charity runs like our SOS 2 decades ago..

Their playing list is crap, with barely 2-3 decent players, 1 of which just bailed on the rabble, the rest below average, sh1t membership, with fair weather supporters...

Yet, they have waltzed up to our highly regarded, successful and contracted coach, given us the bird and are seemingly about to walk away with the chocolates...

And we will be back as the laughing stock of the comp as we have been for nigh on 100 years...

I'm fed up with it...

They had a shot at Malthouse, and Eddie went so ballistic they were scared off like the lame little lambs they are..

I am not making comment on whether or not RL is a good coach, if we want him or not, this is not the point of the issue..

I'm pissed off with the club for pretty much getting of arse handed to us by a weak, pathetic, irrelevant club, that see us as fodder... We should be bullying them...

Embarrassing..
Garbage.

IF the demons make stupid desperate offers to a coach, we would be stupid to match it. If RL wants money and a 5 yr security, because he is not sure he can rebuild the saints, then he should take the demons offer.

3 yrs (1 plus 2 extension) is a a very fair offer for RL. If he does well, he will get another extension anyway...

We have given long term contracts before (e.g. Penny & Hamil)....how did that work out for our club?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

What is embarrassing is the amount of silly bleating going on around here.

If Lyon wants to go, so freakin' what?

What good is a guy who doesn't want to stay?

Who's to say a change wouldn't be good?

Who's to say he's even going?

So many people buying in to scuttlebutt.

Seriously I reckon the regressive bulls*** on these pages at the moment is about the worst I've read in my whole time lurking...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

agree with the last two posts.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
suss
Club Player

desertsaint wrote:agree with the last two posts.
...but it's still okay to hate Melbourne. Any team that throws games to win priority draft picks deserved to suffer...oh wait! :) :) :)

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:As I've said on another thread, why are we neccessarily being bent over?

We get it Johnny, you don't rate Ross & would be happy to see him go.
Not really.

I'm just trying to balance the scales a bit.

I barrack for the club, and frankly I'd support them in this situation whichever way it goes.

I don't think it's a disaster if he goes at all, and I'd be happy for him to stay aswell.

Oddly enough, in this instance, I don't actually think losing a coach is a big deal! As strange as thay may seem!

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:What is embarrassing is the amount of silly bleating going on around here.

Seriously I reckon the regressive bulls*** on these pages at the moment is about the worst I've read in my whole time lurking...
I hear ya man.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Im more concerned about the way the club has let this drag on so long and be bullied by a minnow...

Im not interested in matching contracts, dollars or bonuses...

Im interested in telling our rivals to F%$K OFF and look elsewhere...

I don't care if the Saints admin rate Ross or not... Im not happy about how another club has liked out goods, and said we're taking it, and we've sat back and said here you go...

Luke Ball anyone??...

If we don't want Ross next year, fine, but he leaves on our terms, not his...

Disgracefully weak position by the club, that will define this current board...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Im more concerned about the way the club has let this drag on so long and be bullied by a minnow...
You are kidding aren't you?
Sobraz wrote:Im not interested in matching contracts, dollars or bonuses...

Why?
Sobraz wrote:I don't care if the Saints admin rate Ross or not... Im not happy about how another club has liked out goods, and said we're taking it, and we've sat back and said here you go...
Are they? And if so, so what?
Sobraz wrote:Luke Ball anyone??...
For what? Our coach?
Sobraz wrote:If we don't want Ross next year, fine, but he leaves on our terms, not his...
Does he? Why?
Sobraz wrote:Disgracefully weak position by the club, that will define this current board...
is it? Why?

I think you have created a straw man, and have jumped to some pretty wild conclusions.

Take your medication and have a lie down.

For goodness sakes :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Sobraz
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Sobraz wrote:Im more concerned about the way the club has let this drag on so long and be bullied by a minnow...
You are kidding aren't you?
Sobraz wrote:Im not interested in matching contracts, dollars or bonuses...

Why?
Sobraz wrote:I don't care if the Saints admin rate Ross or not... Im not happy about how another club has liked out goods, and said we're taking it, and we've sat back and said here you go...
Are they? And if so, so what?
Sobraz wrote:Luke Ball anyone??...
For what? Our coach?
Sobraz wrote:If we don't want Ross next year, fine, but he leaves on our terms, not his...
Does he? Why?
Sobraz wrote:Disgracefully weak position by the club, that will define this current board...
is it? Why?

I think you have created a straw man, and have jumped to some pretty wild conclusions.

Take your medication and have a lie down.

For goodness sakes :roll:
About 3% of these responses make sense... :?

kaos theory
Club Player

Im not interested in matching contracts, dollars or bonuses...

Do you honestly think that because (supposedly) eddie told the demons to F off, they went scampering away, and because we, supposedly, rolled over, Melbourne was able to waltz in and 'steal' our coach??

Coaches are free to do what they please, within the law, so stop making up rubbish.

Maybe malthouse told the Dees to F Off... & maybe RL is interested in other offers....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:What is embarrassing is the amount of silly bleating going on around here.

One sensible post amongst about 500 ridiculous ones. I have never read so much rubbish and that is saying something. People saying we arent trying hard enough to keep him, to far to travel and even post about us moving to seaford. My guess is not one person here knows what the club or RL have been doing in negotiations but lets whinge anyway and blame people that could be completely blameless.

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

I for one feel that the bleating going on is warranted, but hey, the proof will be in the pudding.

Just look at the way Eddie reacted when they went after Malthouse: "We'll sue Malthouse, we'll sue Melbourne, we'll sue the AFL, we'll sue everyone."

And what has our response been? "Come on down and bend us over."

But yes, I admit it is all speculation at this point.

BUT

IF

It happens and Ross goes to Melbourne on the back of a piss weak effort to keep him due to him being under rated, words cannot describe how pathetic and hopeless and moronic this administration is.

Ross Lyon will win a premiership as coach.

He's one of the best AFL coaches in existence right now, and he's without doubt the man to steer us into the forseeable future. Nettlefold has said this himself many times. So if he doesn't back up his words with corresponding actions he's a downright hypocrite.

I hope that that effort he put in last night on footy classified was just the way he goes about not letting things get out of hand or something like that, but he will be judged by whether or not he keeps Lyon.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

BTW the CORRECT proverb is NOT "the proof is in the pudding" it is "The proof of the pudding is in the eating" So many people get this one wrong :twisted: :wink:
I'm pissed off about THAT! oh,....the coach :? well lets just see what happens eh? :wink: :wink: :lol:
incidentally,Maybe Ross will win a premiership as a coach, but it sure as hell won't be at Smelbourne!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:by a rabble for our coach, and it seems we are going to stand by, smile and let this happen...

I'm fed up with it...

Embarrassing..
Melbourne can't even sack their s*** board members, go the coach instead. Good luck to Ross if he goes. He will be using a blackboard and having calls from Garry Lyon with pissy complaints and suggestions. He will take melbournes entire off field spend for his income and be left with a volunteer boot studder as his brains trust.

If he walks after sacking players he is now up there with malthouse as one of the greatest c%$#s in the AFL.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:

I'm fed up with it...

Embarrassing..
Melbourne can't even sack their s*** board members, go the coach instead. Good luck to Ross if he goes. He will be using a blackboard and having calls from Garry Lyon with pissy complaints and suggestions. He will take melbournes entire off field spend for his income and be left with a volunteer boot studder as his brains trust.

If he walks after sacking players he is now up there with malthouse as one of the greatest c%$#s in the AFL.
So he sacked them and no one else was involved. I dont think so and they would be going anyway. If he goes he got a better offer. Good luck to him and we get someone else hopefully better to replace him. As for the Demons if they get him good luck to them and hopefully we win a flag before them but it would be a great get.

I must say I cant wait if RL does go how he will suddenly be a bad coach and an arsehole but those same people will will say what a great coach he is if he stays. I can see Luke Ball all over again.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

I'm fed up with it...

Embarrassing..

So he sacked them and no one else was involved. I dont think so and they would be going anyway. If he goes he got a better offer. Good luck to him and we get someone else hopefully better to replace him. As for the Demons if they get him good luck to them and hopefully we win a flag before them but it would be a great get.

I must say I cant wait if RL does go how he will suddenly be a bad coach and an arsehole but those same people will will say what a great coach he is if he stays. I can see Luke Ball all over again.
Rings true for me the king is dead long live the king. If he is one of us he is untouchable. The moment he goes under a filthy cloud of dishonesty and backroom dealings he is tarnished for ever just like Luke Testicle.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

I'm fed up with it...

Embarrassing..

Rings true for me the king is dead long live the king. If he is one of us he is untouchable. The moment he goes under a filthy cloud of dishonesty and backroom dealings he is tarnished for ever just like Luke Testicle.
Yep because it is always the person leaving fault. Maybe we really dont want him or arent paying him real market value or maybe he has always been an arsehole.

jays
Club Player

sick of this sign new deal or piss off

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Completely agree.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:About 3% of these responses make sense... :?
Well thats 3 % more than your garbage.

I asked simple questions but obviously too difficult for you.

get back to your sooking. :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

I'm fed up with it...

Embarrassing..

Yep because it is always the person leaving fault. Maybe we really dont want him or arent paying him real market value or maybe he has always been an arsehole.
Or maybe you just like to apologise for the pricks rather than back your team. When your wife walks out you'll be going on about how great she was and thinking about what you did wrong. As far as I'm concerned if he is contracted and walks for money it will damage his brand. I know footy doesn't have a place for sentimentality anymore but if as Fisher said he was saying he will be there but walks for money he is tainted forever.