Mark Harvey...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter93
Club Player

Mark Harvey...

Ok no criticism here because I myself am VERY doubtful on it. :?
But what about picking him up as our next coach?
No, he doesn't exactly have a great win/loss record (30 wins 45 losses). But there is upside to him.
Fremantle ended up having over 18 injuries in there squad at one point this season, if they had a fully fit squad they could well have easily made finals and quite possibly have done some damage.
In 2010 they lost Barlow at a time when he could have ended up winning the brownlow. As well as having Sandilands injured towards finals time (there most important player and also was in brownlow form).
Is quite a smart coach (shown when we played them in the crunch match at etihad, kept with us until 3/4 time before they just got too tired.)

So just a thought and interested in people's responses. Because we really need to explore every avenue possible here.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

It couldn't happen because it would make us look like the most pathetic club in history, getting the guy knifed by the club that poached our prick of a coach.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Sainter93
Club Player

True, but all would be irrelevant and forgotten if we ended up with a flag. Though unlikely in the short term.
One thing he has over Lyin', certainly knows how to draft and develop the young kids very well.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Nooooooo... Mark Harvey is a complete dicksucker. He has nothing but contempt for our club.

He turned his nose up at us in the past.

Thanks, but NO THANKS.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
darrenjray
Club Player

Well, you gotta feel for Mark Harvey. Shocking run of injuries this year and were well in the hunt until a fortnight prior. And last year he took them to the second week of the finals only to be flogged by Geelong (not the first) at the MCG where they hadn't played all year. Not great currency in being a sacked coach but might be okay the second time around. Same 'school' as Mark Thompson. But homecoming for Saint Mick, I'd say!