All you people dont get it! The St Kilda Football Club??????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Jody Arnol
Club Player

All you people dont get it! The St Kilda Football Club??????

Did not want to retain the services of Ross Lyon!!!!!!! I do not know the reason however. Join the dots! Three stars to the person who picks the club offical word used by all in regard to Lyons departure!

Did anyone watch and listen to Marc Maclure about 2 months ago on foxtel? good mates with our now x x coach! Does our x x coach still communicate with any of the players?????????

Another point! Loyalty does exist in football and especially our club just learn latin! I have learnt three words! ummm Strength through loyalty!
Loyalty underpins our club.

Ross Lyon remember played for fitzroy. Chances he may have been a loyal player! The vfl/afl soon put an end to it though!

ROSS LYON WOULD HAVE BEEN SACKED IF HE DID NOT LEAVE! WAKE UP!!!!!!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Lyon went to the brisbane bears....as a player in 94

He has moved into his 5th club as a coach now...will coach another before finishing too...

linmarnic
Club Player

Why then did we negotiate a 3 year unconditional extension to his contract with his manager?

Never give up
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

linmarnic wrote:Why then did we negotiate a 3 year unconditional extension to his contract with his manager?
don't let the facts.......... :D

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Jody Arnol
Club Player

again wake up!

When did the club make the offer? At the last minute!!!!! ask yourself why????

St.Roly
Club Player

I'll ask you instead - why?

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Jody Arnol wrote:again wake up!

they didn't really need to make an offer at all...they could have waited even longer because most would have thought there was an existing contract...

I'm not going to defend the snake.....i'm glad he's gone.....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Jody Arnol
Club Player

to be seen to be doing the right thing! Lyon new his number was up! The club does not want to be seen as the bad guy in this equation. The third party management group is a smoke screen! Wake up! Please!

linmarnic
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:
Jody Arnol wrote:again wake up!

they didn't really need to make an offer at all...they could have waited even longer because most would have thought there was an existing contract...

I'm not going to defend the snake.....i'm glad he's gone.....
I'm glad his gone too. I am just really peeved off after watching the channel ten and channel nine footy shows, especially Walls and Hutchison's comments supporting that sewer rat Lyin. Anyway Carro's double arrow was a bit of a relief, I thought she was going to stick the boot in some more.

Never give up
St.Roly
Club Player

Jody Arnol wrote:to be seen to be doing the right thing! Lyon new his number was up! The club does not want to be seen as the bad guy in this equation. The third party management group is a smoke screen! Wake up! Please!
Hmmm, seems a bit of a stretch to me...too many exclamation marks to be credible.

!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

St.Roly wrote:
Jody Arnol wrote:to be seen to be doing the right thing! Lyon new his number was up! The club does not want to be seen as the bad guy in this equation. The third party management group is a smoke screen! Wake up! Please!
Hmmm, seems a bit of a stretch to me...too many exclamation marks to be credible.

!
I wanted him to stay but there were clearly some issues there that both parties were not happy about. They would not have had the balls to sack him but they're probably not too upset either. They have moved on quicker than most supporters have.

Arhh. I really worry about the St FC.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Nice theory......

Now the reality is.....

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Alarm bells were ringing about lyons lack of future development and planning and abysmal record with young players. Hence they got pelchen to beef up that area. Lyons ego is so big he probably saw that as a betrayal of his authoritay (sic).

Ps
South park fans will know what I mean by authoritay....

StGoddard18
Club Player

What really annoys me is how he said he never mentioned loyalty to the players. Loyalty isn't about telling someone to be loyal it's your actions within the group that creates loyalty it does not have to be said.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

i really hope this is the real jody arnol.

St Lenny
Club Player

No way he would have been sacked, no way, your absolutely dreaming.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Roos On the couch last night apparently- written in the age today but not a linked article;

Lyon' Professional' but needs time to mould team:Roos
>>>>>>
the 2005 premiership coach said he spoke to Lyon weekly and considered his positins at St kilda had become untenable, hinting at relationship breakdowns. Lyon's snap decisin to leave had been doen to the letter of his contract.

>>>>>>>>>>>>
You're going to get a style of play that won't waver and a guy who leads your football club and is very much aware of his repsonsibilities.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Though Lyon said last week after he arrived in perth he had never spoken to his players about loyalty, Roos believed it was one of Lyon's strongest traits.
Rossy is a really loyal friend and a very lotal person.
If you give him respect and loyalty , he's an extremely loyal person that's the way I've always found him. I think the attack (on Lyons integrity) is laughable becaue he actually excercised a clause in his contract that was negotiated with his employer.
I know exactly what's happened at St Kilda and there's no way known he could have continued at St Kilda. "

the Age Tuesday 21stSept pgae 18-Sports section.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Lyon went to the brisbane bears....as a player in 94
He sued them too when he left.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:I know exactly what's happened at St Kilda and there's no way known he could have continued at St Kilda. "

Interesting, though it's a bit of an "I know, but I'm not telling"

Could be anything...

bozza1980
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
saintbrat wrote:I know exactly what's happened at St Kilda and there's no way known he could have continued at St Kilda. "

Could be anything...
Spot on.

Once the mud is slung....it doesn't need to be truthful to stick.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:
SainterK wrote:

Could be anything...
Spot on.

Once the mud is slung....it doesn't need to be truthful to stick.
One thing we can rule out 100% is Roos coming to the Saints… thank god.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Re: Loyalty - why did RL stop playing Ball and prefer others over him .. when as we know the best side in the AFL picks Ball every week ?

I think we can see who the better coach is re: MM and RL - and who gets the best out of players.

Also ..
Lovett, Gamble, Polo,etc, etc..... when we could have concentrated on recruiting youth.

The window is now shut (or close to being shut) .. but RL's incompetence means it will probably remain sealed now for a few years longer than otherwise - had he made the right decisions.

A big tick for the board ! and a big cross next to RL.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I don't think the club was overly keen on Lyon staying. I think Lyon "up stumps" because the club wasn't themselves 100% committed to him and he knew it.

Looking back at what he did, romantically I would have thought he should have given the club some notice. But in a cut-throat business (talk to Mark Harvey about how fair it is) things need to happen fast and regrettably people get burnt.

It didn't appear to me that the St Kilda football club were overly upset about Lyons decision to leave.

People also need to be aware of where Lyon came from. He wasn't some big name coach. The Saints have put the wind in his sails and given him the opportunity to become head-hunted and successful. Perhaps with the window seemingly closing on us, Lyon also thought his career prospects would also diminish. Perhaps the best thing for our club at this point in time is a good shake up - to keep players on their toes.

I think the board, with how they found Lyon, are competent enough to find another worthy replacement to take the club a step further in the right direction.

I also think the Saints learnt that throwing money at coaches who don't want to be there (ie Malcolm Blight), isn't the correct way to go either.

My only question now with seeing Harvs put up his hand to take on the top job would be: is he up to it just yet?

I've got faith in the board and the selection committee picking the right person. I'm excited about 2012 and the possibilities that may arise. Bring it on!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

His bad outweighed the good .. RL had the best side (at its peak) and we've been since leapfrogged by sides who recruited youth and were loyal to their players.

Maybe you can concentrate on youth and go after say 1 established player.. but even then if you're going to go after an established player from another club - you'd make sure it's someone good like Ball, not players struggling to get games at their own clubs.

If you shine the torch on him - a lot of flaws become apparent.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote: I think the board, with how they found Lyon, are competent enough to find another worthy replacement to take the club a step further in the right direction.

THE PREVIOUS BOARD APPOINTED LYON!

The current board will **** it up like they **** everything up!

Get a clue!