Who just watched it?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Who just watched it?

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRK!!

Why god,why?

Oh the humanity :cry:

Bring back the Lockett era
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Re: Who just watched it?

jonesy wrote:FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRK!!

Why god,why?

Oh the humanity :cry:
Quoted for accuracy

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
defacto
Club Player

in wa here. what happened?

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:in wa here. what happened?
Replay of GF #1 from last year.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
defacto
Club Player

yeh. tough to watch.

watched 2009 GF and 2010 GF1 back to back a couple months back when doing an all nighter for work. terribly depressing. funny thing is i think 2004/2005 is worse.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:yeh. tough to watch.

watched 2009 GF and 2010 GF1 back to back a couple months back when doing an all nighter for work. terribly depressing. funny thing is i think 2004/2005 is worse.
Chuck in 97 and you'd have a torture pack to break me pretty quickly

Banger724
Club Player

yeah, watched it. didn't get the end result but mighty effort to come back from where we were at half time.

remember sitting in the forward pocket at end we kicked to in the last, thinking after goddard's mark and goal that... 'fi nally after 97 & 09, this is what it feels like to win the premiership...' only lasted a few minutes but was a sweet few minutes!!

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

yeah, watched it. didn't get the end result but mighty effort to come back from where we were at half time.

remember sitting in the forward pocket at end we kicked to in the last, thinking after goddard's mark and goal that... 'fi nally after 97 & 09, this is what it feels like to win the premiership...' only lasted a few minutes but was a sweet few minutes!!
Ye those few minutes were unbelievable
Last edited by dcstkfc on Sat 01 Oct 2011 12:56am, edited 1 time in total.

StGoddard18
Club Player

Banger724 wrote:yeah, watched it. didn't get the end result but mighty effort to come back from where we were at half time.

Me too! I will always remember that moment and will always live BJ for doing that.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

It brought back horrendous memories and feelings of falling deep into depression. I've had to quickly go online and buy a $700 fly rod that I can't afford to make myself feel better

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
bennymac5
Club Player

Got all the way till BJ put us in front then couldn't take it any more.

saintnick12
Club Player

Like watching a car crash............ :cry:

So near, yet so far..........

So many what if's........

Damn it :!:

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

bennymac5 wrote:Got all the way till BJ put us in front then couldn't take it any more.
Yep,that's the stage I turned it off. Couldn't stop saying "f*ck!" out aloud even though no one is home. Then I almost cried.....oh dear

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Why did I do that to myself.

Now I cant sleep

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Why did I do that to myself.

Now I cant sleep
Fool. :lol:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
karnaby
Club Player

yeh. 1st time I've ever put myself thru a repeat of a finals loss (draw :cry: )
I thought it might be cathartic and somehow allow me to feel better about footy, pretty sure that was a bloddy stupid decision.

Some points I did notice tho:
Roo actually did have a good game. Could've, should've been paid 2 or 3 more frees, and a 50m, for being manhandled in marking contests.

Sam Fisher was very close to our best player.

We certainly made quite a few mistakes and at times kicked poorly but I firmly believe that we were worse in those areas this past season.

We all know that we missed Lenny this year but Gwilt's loss compounded things too, he has really developed into a versatile, reliable defender.

Blake wasn't great, but for all his limitations, he provides a lot of versatility and a viable backup ruck option if it is forced on us. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he is not moved on which goes against the current consensus.

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
matrix
Saintsational Legend

uh uh

saw it was on (posted in the other thread) and no way

edit
just realized you were talking about gf1
didnt see it but i can watch it...

gf2 was on afterwards
yeah errrr........no
i dont think so

saintDal
Club Player

Had the first GF on my recorder for ages and couldn't bring myself to watch it.

The only bits of that game I can watch are Lennys goal from 50+ and Goddards mark and goal.

Two great moments from two legends and would've been even more massive had we have won :(

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I've never watched the 2010 GF again, but from memory the Pies should've put us away by half time.

The fact they let us be close enough at half time was a miracle.

Correct me if im wrong!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

I don't know how you guys do it, to watch any St Kilda Grand Final lose or draw.
For me that's just grabbing a knife cutting myself a nice bloody mess and pouring salt straight into it.

I have not watched since the game 97, 09 or 10 x2 and never will... Credit to those who can, but I sure as hell can't !!

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:I've never watched the 2010 GF again, but from memory the Pies should've put us away by half time.

The fact they let us be close enough at half time was a miracle.

Correct me if im wrong!
Cloke missed a couple of shots which would have made the lead greater than 30 points. Guess that means we didn't really deserve to draw the game and nearly pinch it... :roll:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Plugger87

dont know how anybody could bring themselves to watch that s***

Saints94
SS Life Member

Yep i could only watch it to BJ's mark & goal.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Same here, watched it to BJ's mark and goal, it all went downhill after that.
To be honest, and I've said this before, I can't wait till this season is over, 2011 has been a bad year for me, not just because of St.Kilda and the sooner it is over the better.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.