Did anyone read the essay on the Herald Sun website?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

battye
Saintsational Legend

Did anyone read the essay on the Herald Sun website?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainme ... 6155231815

I'm exhausted after reading such a lengthy article.
NORTH Melbourne president and The Footy Show host James Brayshaw said everyone should relax a bit as the drama over St Kilda's pole-dance performance at the players' revue on Thursday night bubbled away.

Braywhaw said people should just relax as the drama over St Kilda's pole-dance performance at the players' revue on Thursday night bubbled away.

"It's meant to be a bit of fun."

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Did anyone read the essay on the Herald Sun website?

battye wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainme ... 6155231815

I'm exhausted after reading such a lengthy article.
NORTH Melbourne president and The Footy Show host James Brayshaw said everyone should relax a bit as the drama over St Kilda's pole-dance performance at the players' revue on Thursday night bubbled away.

Braywhaw said people should just relax as the drama over St Kilda's pole-dance performance at the players' revue on Thursday night bubbled away.

"It's meant to be a bit of fun."
it's too long for idiots.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
St Lenny
Club Player

I totall agree about Brayshaw, much to do about nothing.

philip
Club Player

St Lenny wrote:I totall agree about Brayshaw, much to do about nothing.
In isolation yes, but with everything else that has gone on over the last two years, your view is naive.

Just looking forward to us having a real crack each week, and appreciating the younger talent coming through.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Poor judgement by the boys after all that has happened and the footy show exploited them to get the outcome they now have, a controversy that will get it seen a million times.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Brayshaw more going into to bat for his pathetic footy show.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

I just watched it again.

Can understand people getting worked up at the time. But in the cold light of the day there's really not much in it.

Apparently the team that was supposed to perform it pulled out for unrelated reasons. My view from watching it again is if the original team had've done it, it would have passed without comment.

Although the whole player revue segment may have caused comment as it's really becoming a bit embarrassing.

Megsie
Club Player

was it nth. melbourne that pulled out from doing the skit/dance ??

maybe Jim thought it too risky for "HIS" boys

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Megsie wrote:was it nth. melbourne that pulled out from doing the skit/dance ??

maybe Jim thought it too risky for "HIS" boys
Port adelaide

But I wonder if you mentioned 'Chicken's or Boris" to Jim he would be as blase. or If north boys had been asked to dress up and do a skit in Chicken outfits....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

And to make it worse and bring attention to it the club had to publicly apologise. It would have blown over in less than 24 hours. How dumb was that.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:My view from watching it again is if the original team had've done it, it would have passed without comment.
Isn't that the whole point?

In the context of all the shyte that's happened, it was a totally unnecessary and easily avoidable mess, and in my view another indication that something is amiss down there... how could no one at the club think to check what was being performed?... how could the players think it was totally cool?... what's the story with the amateur claim of ignorance by the club, and the apparent continued contradictory message (via tweets) from the players?

Given the run we've had, can you really imagine a much more inappropriate routine?... (short of some sort of re-enactemnt of the Lovett saga).

In isolation it's a noting, in context it's dumb, bizarre, and a sign of a deeper problem.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:My view from watching it again is if the original team had've done it, it would have passed without comment.

In the context of all the shyte that's happened, it was a totally unnecessary and easily avoidable mess, and in my view another indication that something is amiss down there... how could no one at the club think to check what was being performed?... how could the players think it was totally cool?... what's the story with the amateur claim of ignorance by the club, and the apparent continued contradictory message (via tweets) from the players?

Given the run we've had, can you really imagine a much more inappropriate routine?... (short of some sort of re-enactemnt of the Lovett saga).

In isolation it's a noting, in context it's dumb, bizarre, and a sign of a deeper problem.
Maybe footy players are just dumb.

markp
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
markp wrote:

Maybe footy players are just dumb.
If ours are then their employer should have worked that out by now... I honestly thought about this a couple of weeks ago and imagined the club would've vetted and monitored it. Apparently not.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

So if it was supposed to be insulting and degrading to women,. how come 99.99% of the females on my Facebook and Twitter feeds were discussing the improper things they wanted to do to Sam Fisher??

Oh and it REALLY pyssed me off that certain elements of the media (and yes Rita Panahi on SEN I'm looking at you) decided that it would have been OK for another club to do it, but not St Kilda because of our "tawdry last 12 months" and our "questionable attitude to women" :twisted:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Thomas
Club Player

Storm in a tea cup

When the going gets tough,the tough gets going.

CARN THE SAINTS.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I think the time is NOW for the leaders of our club to sit down and have a long chat with the leaders at Ch 9 about where we all sit now and how we all move forward.

I know we all have times when we really dislike the media but we need them that little bit more than they need us !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

go work in an ED

then u'll c real issues to deal with

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

saint66au wrote:So if it was supposed to be insulting and degrading to women,. how come 99.99% of the females on my Facebook and Twitter feeds were discussing the improper things they wanted to do to Sam Fisher??

Oh and it REALLY pyssed me off that certain elements of the media (and yes Rita Panahi on SEN I'm looking at you) decided that it would have been OK for another club to do it, but not St Kilda because of our "tawdry last 12 months" and our "questionable attitude to women" :twisted:
Yes remember the 'rubber chicken' scandal at North Melbourne? Rita was laughing about it on casual Friday...I think she later changed her mind because Caroline Wilson decreed that it was the most wicked, 'sexthist' thing she'd ever seen!

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
markp
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:go work in an ED

then u'll c real issues to deal with

It's a St Kilda fan site, we talk about footy and all sorts of issues related to the club.

If you want life and death discussions, you're on the wrong forum.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Why did our club condone it then?

Why do they bend over and cop it up the arse all the time when clearly it was a total non-story.

PLENTY of women would've loved a piece of Sammy Fisher or any of the boys that performed.

Remember, the revue is a chick's version of strip show - they don't need to see blokes starkers to be happy!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.