Saints 2012 side

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LondonSaint
Club Player

Saints 2012 side

FF: Milne Riewoldt Heyne
HF: Siposs Walsh Schneider
C: Ledger Hayes Montagna
HB: Cripps Ferguson Fisher
FB: Simpkin Johnson Dempster
R: Mcvoy Armitage Steven
Int: Gwilt (coming back from injury), Crocker, Lynch, Smith, Cahill, Winmar

Hopefully from trading/drafting.. we'll be able to get more midfield enforcements..

noticed i've not included Goddard, Dal Santo, (only trade if we get quality)

Gilbert, Jones, Ray, Peake, Blake, clarke, geary (7 bad kicks.. and you wonder why aren't we winning, now that the press have been figured out)

robbie muir
Club Player

Can't see heyne staying on the list let alone holding a position in the forward pocket.

If that is our back line next year I can see us having 20 goals getting kicked against us every week. There a 4 guys there that hardly played a game this year.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints 2012 side

LondonSaint wrote:FF: Milne Riewoldt Heyne

Hopefully from trading/drafting.. we'll be able to get more midfield enforcements..

Gilbert, Jones, Ray, Peake, Blake, clarke, geary (7 bad kicks.. and you wonder why aren't we winning, now that the press have been figured out)
Interesting how you name the team. We usually go from backs to forwards. However that lineup will probably battle for the wooden spoon.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:

Interesting how you name the team. We usually go from backs to forwards. However that lineup will probably battle for the wooden spoon.
Correct :shock:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Bernard Shakey wrote:

Battle.. Thats being bit kind, even GWS would smash us by 50+ points if we fielded that side. Wouldnt win a game, talk about taking tanking to a new level :shock: :shock:

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I dont think Clarke is as poor a kick as the other players mentioned. Ferguson and Walsh not on the Senior List yet.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Names start from the Backline.

Some change is required, taking a step backwards to go forwards.

FB: Gram Dawson Dempster
HB: Lynch Fisher Gilbert
C: Goddard Hayes Montagna
HF: Cripps Riewoldt Schneider
FF: Milne Walsh Steven
R: McEvoy Dal Santo Armitage
INT: Stanley Ledger Clarke Smith

OUTS:

Koschitzke
Blake
Polo
Peake
Ray
Jones
Geary
Gamble

INJURED:

Gwilt

DEVELOPING:

Sippos
Crocker
Winmar

WHO KNOWS:

Heyne
Cahill

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I think some people are amusing themselves while the slow off season drips away.

Megsie
Club Player

" HILLARIOUS" !!!!

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Lord help us

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
mr.wobble

What about this for a line up

FB. S.Dempster, Z.Dawson, J.Gwilt
HB. J.Cripps, S.Fisher, S.Gilbert
C. L.Montagna, L.Hayes, B.Goddard
HF. A.Schneider, N.Riewoldt, A.Siposs
FF. S.Milne, T.Walsh, J.Koschitzke
R. B.McEvoy, J.Steven, N.Dal Santo
Bench. B.Peake, D.Armitage, T.Ledger
Sub. S.Crocker

I still think Gilbert can get back to his best footy, he seem's like a bit of a confidence type player, hopefully he can have a quiet preseason put his head down and get back to his best footy.

Gwilt obviously won't be there until later in the year so, probably throw Lynch, Blake, Simpkin, Raph or Winmar in that spot depending on form/match ups.

It is a pretty tall back line but Fisher, Gwilt, Dempter and Gilbert are all quite versatile and depending on match ups again maybe change a few ins and outs Geary or Al Smith perhaps

I don't really want to see Gram in the side, I'm not really one to bag out the players, but he has been pretty terrible in the last few years, always just bombs away. I've put Cripps in his position, he was recruited as a running half back flanker with run.

Midfield is a pretty easy one to pick, maybe have some of them resting forward at times. Have thrown in Ledger for the extra pace, foot skills and outside running. We have a few inside players in Hayes, Armitage and Steven. It would also be good to see Dal doing a bit more outside work creating more play. Goddard can go where ever he wants.

Foward line is quite tall too. But I'd like to see all the talls taking their defenders all over the place. don't have one set FF. Roo and Walsh have good running capacity whilst Kozi is a good long kick so have them all floating in and around the forward line. Also have Kozi doing a bit of ruck work. Siposs leading up the wings, delivering the ball forward. Schneider and Milne doing what they usually do.

Have purely Mids on the starting bench.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

mr.wobble wrote:What about this for a line up

Sub. S.Crocker

I still think Gilbert can get back to his best footy, he seem's like a bit of a confidence type player, hopefully he can have a quiet preseason put his head down and get back to his best footy.

Gwilt obviously won't be there until later in the year so, probably throw Lynch, Blake, Simpkin, Raph or Winmar in that spot depending on form/match ups.

It is a pretty tall back line but Fisher, Gwilt, Dempter and Gilbert are all quite versatile and depending on match ups again maybe change a few ins and outs Geary or Al Smith perhaps

I don't really want to see Gram in the side, I'm not really one to bag out the players, but he has been pretty terrible in the last few years, always just bombs away. I've put Cripps in his position, he was recruited as a running half back flanker with run.

Midfield is a pretty easy one to pick, maybe have some of them resting forward at times. Have thrown in Ledger for the extra pace, foot skills and outside running. We have a few inside players in Hayes, Armitage and Steven. It would also be good to see Dal doing a bit more outside work creating more play. Goddard can go where ever he wants.

Foward line is quite tall too. But I'd like to see all the talls taking their defenders all over the place. don't have one set FF. Roo and Walsh have good running capacity whilst Kozi is a good long kick so have them all floating in and around the forward line. Also have Kozi doing a bit of ruck work. Siposs leading up the wings, delivering the ball forward. Schneider and Milne doing what they usually do.

Have purely Mids on the starting bench.
doesn't seem too bad on first inspection, but I can't imagine all the young guys holding their spot for the whole season. If one comes on and adds quality i will be more than happy. I like the idea of cripps taking Grams spot if he's a better option. I could see gram getting back to his best still also. He wasn't bad for that long -mostly this year. If your list gets up it will mean we have got some good young talent.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

[quote="mr.wobble"]What about this for a line up

Sub. S.Crocker

That's a strong football side.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote:
mr.wobble wrote:What about this for a line up

Sub. S.Crocker

That's a strong football side.
It may be for some players in 3 years and for others they will be to old in 3 years. That is our major problem. We have no 20-23 years old coming on. There are 5 players in that side with less than 5 games experience. That makes 20% of the side very inexperienced so if we go with a side like that expect to finish in the bottom half of the ladder.

goods
Club Player

i think your all forgetting ross lyon will poach a few players guaranteed. He did it when coming from syd he will do it again. He needs players who have played his style before to help get the new tem playing that way. He has his eyes on zak i can tell you that much

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

goods wrote:i think your all forgetting ross lyon will poach a few players guaranteed. He did it when coming from syd he will do it again. He needs players who have played his style before to help get the new tem playing that way. He has his eyes on zak i can tell you that much
Oh God i hope so, straight swap for Silvagni, PLEASE