Lonely Bevo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Lonely Bevo

I work just around the corner from Etihad stadium, and was up on the concourse for lunch. Saw Beveridge having lunch with someone (not in either club colours or in the combine outfit, although was wearing ‘sports gear’), but had NO other Saints staff or admin around him. For those who have been around Etihad stadium this week, they can attest to the amount of club personnel, coaches and draftees hanging around the place. Everyone seems to stay in their groups, however I find it amazing that Bevo has not (on the couple of times I’ve seen him) been joined by any other Saints staff. Brisbane have a group of nearly 10, Sydney have plenty, Port, Collingwood, Hawks, Adelaide. They all sit in massive clusters to eat… Except lonely old Bevo. SURELY the Saints haven’t just sent ONE man to the draft combine!? Seems ridiculous if so… There is also a story on AFL.com about Bevo sitting in the stands on his own.

Whilst we don’t have a coach at the moment, surely we would send more than just one of our recruiters to watch such an important day (surely!?!?)… Very disappointing (and worrying) if this is the case.

rocketrod7
Club Player

Re: Lonely Bevo

thirty-seven!? wrote:I work just around the corner from Etihad stadium, and was up on the concourse for lunch. Saw Beveridge having lunch with someone (not in either club colours or in the combine outfit, although was wearing ‘sports gear’), but had NO other Saints staff or admin around him. For those who have been around Etihad stadium this week, they can attest to the amount of club personnel, coaches and draftees hanging around the place. Everyone seems to stay in their groups, however I find it amazing that Bevo has not (on the couple of times I’ve seen him) been joined by any other Saints staff. Brisbane have a group of nearly 10, Sydney have plenty, Port, Collingwood, Hawks, Adelaide. They all sit in massive clusters to eat… Except lonely old Bevo. SURELY the Saints haven’t just sent ONE man to the draft combine!? Seems ridiculous if so… There is also a story on AFL.com about Bevo sitting in the stands on his own.

Whilst we don’t have a coach at the moment, surely we would send more than just one of our recruiters to watch such an important day (surely!?!?)… Very disappointing (and worrying) if this is the case.
Maybe he just doesn't shower :shock:

I am not an animal.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

I might be mistaken but I thought bevo has departed company with us?

I love this club
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:I might be mistaken but I thought bevo has departed company with us?
Might explain the lack of club colours then :wink:

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Yeah, bevo still there.

But funny enough, Saints website just posted this article...

http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsartic ... fault.aspx

"Throughout the week, the Saints football department has descended on Etihad Stadium for the 2011 NAB AFL Draft Combine.

In total, ten members of the football department, including the club’s recruitment team, are attending what is considered by all clubs as the ultimate test for young footballers aspiring to be picked in November’s AFL Draft.

Ameet Bains, St Kilda FC General Manager of Player List & Legal Affairs, along with his recruitment team of Tony Elshaug, John Beveridge, Paul Collins and Chris Liberatore have all attended every minute of every session this week.

In addition, Steven King (Assistant Coach), Adam Kingsley (Assistant Coach) and Paul Hudson (Development Coach) attended specific sessions each day, whilst Michael Nettlefold (Chief Executive), Chris Pelchen (Head of Football) and Greg Hutchinson (General Manager - Football) all attended various sessions of the AFL Combine around interviews for the Senior Coach position at St Kilda FC. "

Still, strange I havent seen them. But maybe just unnecessarily reading into this...

As you were...

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

thirty-seven!? wrote:Yeah, bevo still there.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsartic ... fault.aspx

"Throughout the week, the Saints football department has descended on Etihad Stadium for the 2011 NAB AFL Draft Combine.

In total, ten members of the football department, including the club’s recruitment team, are attending what is considered by all clubs as the ultimate test for young footballers aspiring to be picked in November’s AFL Draft.

Ameet Bains, St Kilda FC General Manager of Player List & Legal Affairs, along with his recruitment team of Tony Elshaug, John Beveridge, Paul Collins and Chris Liberatore have all attended every minute of every session this week.

In addition, Steven King (Assistant Coach), Adam Kingsley (Assistant Coach) and Paul Hudson (Development Coach) attended specific sessions each day, whilst Michael Nettlefold (Chief Executive), Chris Pelchen (Head of Football) and Greg Hutchinson (General Manager - Football) all attended various sessions of the AFL Combine around interviews for the Senior Coach position at St Kilda FC. "

Still, strange I havent seen them. But maybe just unnecessarily reading into this...

As you were...
He may like to keep to himself, slip under the radar if you will. Maybe that's how he manages to get the "Gwilts" :wink:

And the "Sweeneys" :(

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lonely Bevo

thirty-seven!? wrote:I work just around the corner from Etihad stadium, and was up on the concourse for lunch. Saw Beveridge having lunch with someone (not in either club colours or in the combine outfit, although was wearing ‘sports gear’), but had NO other Saints staff or admin around him. For those who have been around Etihad stadium this week, they can attest to the amount of club personnel, coaches and draftees hanging around the place. Everyone seems to stay in their groups, however I find it amazing that Bevo has not (on the couple of times I’ve seen him) been joined by any other Saints staff. Brisbane have a group of nearly 10, Sydney have plenty, Port, Collingwood, Hawks, Adelaide. They all sit in massive clusters to eat… Except lonely old Bevo. SURELY the Saints haven’t just sent ONE man to the draft combine!? Seems ridiculous if so… There is also a story on AFL.com about Bevo sitting in the stands on his own.

does he even work for us anymore?
what the hell is tony elshaugh?

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Stillwaiting wrote:I might be mistaken but I thought bevo has departed company with us?
Yea isnt Beveridge at Hawthorn or something now :?:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
That young Lukey :wink:

bennymac5
Club Player

King and Kinglsley there but no Harvery?

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

bennymac5 wrote:King and Kinglsley there but no Harvery?

he's putting the boys through time trials :wink:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
Wrong Beverigde...I said a Carlton Draft.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I think it makes sense to sit on your own. Having been in the coaches box at our local club for a few years you tend to talk people into saying who was and wasnt the best or they did that right or wrong. Better to be alone and then give your opinion in a group afterwards.

Ross who?
Club Player

Pretty sure that Bevo is an indepedent advisor to our recruiters.

Blake Acres fan club VIP
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

and I saw Michael Voss sitting on his own- does that mean he has no recruiting staff---- :wink:

how to get an insight into someone - have a 1 to 1 chat- don't overwhelm.

Elshaugh has been there all year and s obviosuly continuing,

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:and I saw Michael Voss sitting on his own- does that mean he has no recruiting staff---- :wink:

how to get an insight into someone - have a 1 to 1 chat- don't overwhelm.

Elshaugh has been there all year and s obviosuly continuing,
I think he meant the spelling. I dont think there is H on the end. Could be wrong thoughhh.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

[quote="thirty-seven!?"]Yeah, bevo still there.

Thanks 37, dont know why I thought he left.

I love this club
StevieSaint
Club Player

I heard Bevo on late night SEN last night, round 10.30, he said all these claims are rubbish, he said there have been 10 saints staff there, but they are all sitting on their own, from different viewing points around the ground, they then discuss later what they have seen. He said that their view is restricted if they all sit together and observe and it is more beneficial for them to come to their own conclusions and put them forward in meetings afterwards.

GO SAINTS GO
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

StevieSaint wrote:I heard Bevo on late night SEN last night, round 10.30, he said all these claims are rubbish, he said there have been 10 saints staff there, but they are all sitting on their own, from different viewing points around the ground, they then discuss later what they have seen. He said that their view is restricted if they all sit together and observe and it is more beneficial for them to come to their own conclusions and put them forward in meetings afterwards.
Unless Bevo tweeted it I don't believe that's true :P

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote:
StevieSaint wrote:I heard Bevo on late night SEN last night, round 10.30, he said all these claims are rubbish, he said there have been 10 saints staff there, but they are all sitting on their own, from different viewing points around the ground, they then discuss later what they have seen. He said that their view is restricted if they all sit together and observe and it is more beneficial for them to come to their own conclusions and put them forward in meetings afterwards.
Bevo users Twitter??

Sack him!
Sack the board!
Sack the world!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Bevo users Twitter??

Sack him!
Sack the board!
Sack the world!
Yes he does tweet. And he uses this :wink:

fingers
Saintsational Legend

What the hell is this post??

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:What the hell is this post??
It's the one that's got nothing to do with Andrew Bolt :P

saintly
Saintsational Legend

your thinking of luke beveridge who i think did not work for the saints

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I remember reading about Johnny Beveridge quite a few years ago. The article was about how highly he was/is regarded amongst the other recruiters. They said at the time that whilst many recruiters would get together compare notes Johnny would be sitting quietly by himself taking notes. Its a method that has worked in the past. Lets hope it continues to work !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!