Gram up for Grabs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

savatage
SS Life Member

Gram up for Grabs

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

So from that article:

- Gram possibly to North
- Ray possibly back to the Bulldogs
- Dawson, Peake and Lynch also on the table

Batnoe
Club Player

Hope so

Carn Saints
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'm not surprised.

It will be a tough time for him, but I think this won't be of surprise to him either somehow?

May be the best thing for him in the long run to get a fresh start somewhere.

Shame, as I really felt a change in his footy the last few rounds, but it may of been too late....or it's simply a case of the names above him on the list.

Oh and on Farren, wasn't it a coach/player relationship that saw him move on from the Dogs? Eade's gone, I think he even still lives with a dogs player so he may be open to move back.

savatage
SS Life Member

They're shopping around the right player IMO

defacto
Club Player

i hope he goes

SaintWodonga
Club Player

What would we want in return? Picks?

Both 2nd rounders IMO

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Wow!

Reading this from the coast in central Italy. Want to keep Gram.

Cant keep me away from Saintsational though.

;)

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Wow!

;)
Wow!

You are reading this from the coast in central Italy, and you can't keep away :shock:

:wink:

savatage
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote: May be the best thing for him in the long run to get a fresh start somewhere.
Yep coz I guess getting traded once already didn't give him the kick in the arse he needed to pull his finger out consistently...

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:
SainterK wrote: May be the best thing for him in the long run to get a fresh start somewhere.
Yep coz I guess getting traded once already didn't give him the kick in the arse he needed to pull his finger out consistently...
Just trying to be nice about it...

I think when he is firing, he is very good (v Sydney in the final he was one of our best) but for whatever reason we don't see it often enough.

I guess it will fall to guys like Winmar and Cripps to step up if he is in fact moved on.

savatage
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:
savatage wrote:

I think when he is firing, he is very good (v Sydney in the final he was one of our best) but for whatever reason we don't see it often enough.

I guess it will fall to guys like Winmar and Cripps to step up if he is in fact moved on.
I wasn't taking the piss out of you - I was being serious...he'll probably be another Brent Guerra...decide to work hard on his third and final chance...if this pans out.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Interestingly 4 of the 5 players listed as being shopped around have played previously for other clubs.

All of the four have played good footy for us at times, and none will be easily replaced in the short-term at least.

Seems inevitable though, and if it means keeping our real match-winners then it needs to be done.

Hopefully Ledger and Cripps can fill the void next year and ultimately be improvements on the guys who leave (if they actually do leave).

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:
SainterK wrote:
savatage wrote:

I wasn't taking the piss out of you - I was being serious...he'll probably be another Brent Guerra...decide to work hard on his third and final chance...if this pans out.
Oh... :)

Probably true, knowing how it usually works out.

Or maybe they won't get a deal done, and he will be on his third chance, at St Kilda.

savatage
SS Life Member

He's got currency on the outside which is more than you could say for a lot of our fringe or lesser players so for that reason alone - this would be good if it helps secure us a decent pick or involvement in a 3 way deal.

I will watch this with great interest.

Scoop
Club Player

savatage wrote:He's got currency on the outside which is more than you could say for a lot of our fringe or lesser players so for that reason alone - this would be good if it helps secure us a decent pick or involvement in a 3 way deal.

I will watch this with great interest.
....as will I....

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I don't mind if we lose gram or peake.

I'd like to keep dawson and ray - we can ill afford to lose any under 25s.
We are just so weak in that early to mid 20s age group. Its the core age group.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:

;)
Wow!

You are reading this from the coast in central Italy, and you can't keep away :shock:

Haha addicted much?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

What about getting Irish from Carlscum as a backup for Macca?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:

;)
Wow!

Berlin. Happy days after a 10 hour train.

I would rather Fazza Razza stay however Gram can go play in the traffic.

Hopefully both second rounders and try and turn 3 second rounders and a 1st rounder into something decent somehow.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

People happy to see a 22 game player go. Strange. Unless it is for Hamish McIntosh or a fast midfielder we shouldnt do it. Sorry a round one pick would get it over the line. All of those are way over the top but if we lose a 22 game player for a third rounder we go backwards by a long way. Gram is a second or third rounder but neither of those picks help us for at least 3 years and the odds suggest maybe never.

So to all those who are happy I think you better hope we get a deal way better than I reckon we should.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

If the deal is right then so be it.... I can't help but feel that Gram actually really loves St Kilda and I don't like seeing players like that leaving. Guess I'm getting soft in my old age.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:People happy to see a 22 game player go. Strange. Unless it is for Hamish McIntosh or a fast midfielder we shouldnt do it. Sorry a round one pick would get it over the line. All of those are way over the top but if we lose a 22 game player for a third rounder we go backwards by a long way. Gram is a second or third rounder but neither of those picks help us for at least 3 years and the odds suggest maybe never.

So to all those who are happy I think you better hope we get a deal way better than I reckon we should.
What you say makes a lot of sense plug, although salary cap relief may also be a consideration in any deal.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:People happy to see a 22 game player go. Strange. Unless it is for Hamish McIntosh or a fast midfielder we shouldnt do it. Sorry a round one pick would get it over the line. All of those are way over the top but if we lose a 22 game player for a third rounder we go backwards by a long way. Gram is a second or third rounder but neither of those picks help us for at least 3 years and the odds suggest maybe never.

What you say makes a lot of sense plug, although salary cap relief may also be a consideration in any deal.
I agree with that but that pisses me off even more. How could our previous list manager get us in a situation where we may need to get rid of 22 game players that may be replaced by no game players.

jays
Club Player

you never know