Best trade of this week...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Best trade of this week...

I know it included a couple of speculatives, but how close to the best trade of trade week did we get in terms of value...

- Terry Milera, Ahmed Saad and first round draft selection (25) from GWS for Pick 20 is pretty bloody hard to beat

Next best would be some of these....

- Geelong, Pick 32 and 34 for pick 26.
- Adelaide, Pick 27, 31 and 68 for Pick 24.
- Richmond, Morris and pick 15 for Pick 14.

Can anyone else think of any others that just scream quality trades without much upside for the other club?

Not sure how Lewis Johnston can be the equal to Armstrong, 35 and 68 whereas Tom Lynch is only worth 37 (should we have waited until the final day or two to try to get caught up in that sort of madness?). Actually, Sydney did well, they pretty much traded away an injury prone kid with exactly the same history as Lynch (drafted at 12 and 13, same height, weight, position), and in return they got Tom Walsh and Armstrong without giving up a thing more...

So which trade was the winner?

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Actually am I reading this right? Did Gold Coast trade away picks 26, 27, 31, 32 and 34 for draft pick 24 and a compo pick for future years? What am I missing?!

Strength through Loyalty
dragit
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:Actually am I reading this right? Did Gold Coast trade away picks 26, 27, 31, 32 and 34 for draft pick 24 and a compo pick for future years? What am I missing?!
They have to down-grade the size of their list so have just upgraded picks by trading multiple higher picks for lower picks…

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Morton to the Swans for a pick in the 70s was a beauty. He will be a 100 game plus player for them IMO.

bozza1980
Club Player

[quote="gringo"]Morton to the Swans for a pick in the 70s was a beauty. He will be a 100 game plus player for them IMO.[/quote

I agree, I thought this was a great win for the swannies.]

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

I agree great trade

Did you know the young fella from the sanfl has wanganeen as his mentor??
He is dating his niece I think

Anyways was bitterly disappointed not getting draft 2 years running and wanganeen took him on got him playing great footy! V exciting

Also hawthorn wanted one of these boys real bad - not sure which one but they offered us a lot

#1 Ryder fan
Saints94
SS Life Member

When will Milera & Saad come over and get interviewed??

hayes66
Club Player

gold coast pick 4 and what ever else the added for jaeger omeara was pretty good trade, essentially traded pick 4 in this years draft for pick 1 in next years draft.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Agree wth that.

The former Bullant looks great. Great skills, the power to excite and a great story. Plus he has played with and against AFL listed players. A star waiting to shine

Yeah we lost Walsh but how can you be Saad when we have Ahmed

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:Agree wth that.

The former Bullant looks great. Great skills, the power to excite and a great story. Plus he has played with and against AFL listed players. A star waiting to shine

BANG BANG
Ahmed is ready to go, he is solid and will be able to play from day one. Speed and aggression help too.

Saints94
SS Life Member

Hurricane wrote:Agree wth that.

BANG BANG
and he also has the core strength of Swan etc, 9 times out of 10 he wont lose his feet, great goal sense and his defensive game is better than Milney's (No Disrespect)

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Best trade of this week...

St Ick wrote:I know it included a couple of speculatives, but how close to the best trade of trade week did we get in terms of value...

- Terry Milera, Ahmed Saad and first round draft selection (25) from GWS for Pick 20 is pretty bloody hard to beat

Next best would be some of these....

- Geelong, Pick 32 and 34 for pick 26.
- Adelaide, Pick 27, 31 and 68 for Pick 24.
- Richmond, Morris and pick 15 for Pick 14.

Can anyone else think of any others that just scream quality trades without much upside for the other club?

Not sure how Lewis Johnston can be the equal to Armstrong, 35 and 68 whereas Tom Lynch is only worth 37 (should we have waited until the final day or two to try to get caught up in that sort of madness?). Actually, Sydney did well, they pretty much traded away an injury prone kid with exactly the same history as Lynch (drafted at 12 and 13, same height, weight, position), and in return they got Tom Walsh and Armstrong without giving up a thing more...

So which trade was the winner?
Gunston to Hawks was good for hawks. He's a gun.

lyonhearted
Club Player

Hurricane wrote:

BANG BANG
Luv your work :D

ando051
Club Player

Brisbane got the best deal for Mitch Clarke. He was a good player in a ordinary team that did not finish in there top 10 in there B&F. He will be a GOP on good money, when he is not injured.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:He is dating his niece I think
is that even legal?

saintly
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:I agree great trade

Did you know the young fella from the sanfl has wanganeen as his mentor??He is dating his niece I think

Anyways was bitterly disappointed not getting draft 2 years running and wanganeen took him on got him playing great footy! V exciting

Also hawthorn wanted one of these boys real bad - not sure which one but they offered us a lot
how do you know wanganeen was involved.

someone said on SEN earlier that he didn't get on a list eariler cuase he couldn't be bothered trying, and terry is a real speculative pick?

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Got told by a mate that wanganeen has been mentoring him for a while now

Has really helped him get disciplined and become a real player

#1 Ryder fan
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

#1 Ryder fan
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

gringo wrote:Morton to the Swans for a pick in the 70s was a beauty. He will be a 100 game plus player for them IMO.
Yes Morton for DP 76 or whatever great get. Swans also picked up Walsh cheap, and Armstrong as well.

Hold your ground :shock:
hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Yep first good trade week we've had since RL took over.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
savatage
SS Life Member

saintly wrote:

Did you know the young fella from the sanfl has wanganeen as his mentor??He is dating his niece I think

someone said on SEN earlier that he didn't get on a list eariler cuase he couldn't be bothered trying, and terry is a real speculative pick?
Sounds like Tim Milera who got cut from Adelaide's rookie list mid season.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Mitch Clarke looks a standout player to me- I reckon he is wasting his career going to Melbourne

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

hayes66 wrote:gold coast pick 4 and what ever else the added for jaeger omeara was pretty good trade, essentially traded pick 4 in this years draft for pick 1 in next years draft.
I thought that was a fair trade, they gave pick 4 and a priority first round pick from memory. They got back O'Meara and pick 30something. I might be missing part of it, but I thought that was pretty fair all in all, gun player but they gave up a bit for him.

Strength through Loyalty
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

ando051 wrote:Brisbane got the best deal for Mitch Clarke. He was a good player in a ordinary team that did not finish in there top 10 in there B&F. He will be a GOP on good money, when he is not injured.
Worth the pick they gave for him. I reckon Adelaide were pretty much the winners out of it.

Strength through Loyalty
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:

check out the thread on milera. my source is more reliable the callers to sen!

they reckon this kid has really developed under wanganeen. his discipline and drive and shwat not.

could be a gem!

should be a new saintsational sponsorship player we could divert the walsh funds!

#1 Ryder fan