Fevola

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint 58
Club Player

Fevola

Does anyone think we will draft him ?
It would have to be a "water-tight, F### up once & your gone" type contract
As much as I would love to see him at FF kicking 60+ (?) goals, esp. against Carlton, I don't think Watters will be interested

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

No.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:No.
Another Fev thread.

Another no from me.

St Lenny
Club Player

After the Lovett debacle, we would be mad to even entertain the idea. No one would ever sponsor us. Its not even an option.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Can he play full back?

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

gringo wrote:Can he play full back?
Seem to recall he played one quarter on the G train once. From memory he kept him to 5.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

remboy wrote:
gringo wrote:Can he play full back?
Seem to recall he played one quarter on the G train once. From memory he kept him to 5.
Only because no one stepped in to apply the midfield pressure that Fev was renowned for.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Fevola

Saint 58 wrote:Does anyone think we will draft him ?
It would have to be a "water-tight, F### up once & your gone" type contract
As much as I would love to see him at FF kicking 60+ (?) goals, esp. against Carlton, I don't think Watters will be interested
I think you answered your own question but I would say that's been tried before.

If you haven't been reading the papers latley, we have salary cap issues and we are struggling to sign up our existing playing list.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Why do any of you want to recruit a 30+ year old with bmore4 baggage than anybody in the AFL.
We recruit for the long term, not for at best 6 months.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Some know alls wanted us to take a drug addict (while we had Gardiner at the club) so why not take a piss head?

Especially if we lose Zac, we may need to shuffle a forward back and have a Fevola type as a spearhead.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

joffaboy wrote:Some know alls wanted us to take a drug addict (while we had Gardiner at the club) so why not take a piss head?

Especially if we lose Zac, we may need to shuffle a forward back and have a Fevola type as a spearhead.
Another quality contribution from the thread chairman.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

No chance.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

loris
Saintsational Legend

I think the Saints are in the position of needing to attract sponsors............... I don't think that would marry up too well with bringing Fev on board.

Definite NO from me........................ oh my gawd ....... if we did take him on I hope saintsational wouldn't want to sponsor him....................perish the thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

It would only be a Lovett Debarcle if

He had not really achieved a hell of a lot in AFL footy (Fev has)
We used a First Round Draft Pick
Gave him a three year 1 Million dollar contract
If he put a couple of our best players in a terrible position
Had to pay himout without playing a game

Having said that

NO to Fev

which makes the Lovett decision even worse
as we invested more....for a worse player

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

We stuffed up on cousins
We stuffed up on Lovett
We will be sure to stuff up on fev

#1 Ryder fan
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Given his track record....

most fans would suggest NO as it is not realistic at his age and poor work ethic he will never reach any great heights again

On Cousins....at 29 with his attitude towards training and playing for a zero cost.....seriously

On Lovett....even though he was a well known cancer, and was lazy as F*** ... due to our needs he was worth the look...but NOT for what we paid

On Fev.... at 31 and in poor condition and being a lazy footballer... The odds of him making it back to the AFL are not even gauranteed

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Can someone start a thread on Fev?

I mean it's been about 3 hours since the last one.

defacto
Club Player

more chance of setanta than fev

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Setanta is very average IMO

But may be required if we lose any more talls...

but what position does he play????

a ruckman cum forward....we have two of those though....who are also average

we needa genuine fwd and a now a genuine back

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

No offence intended but can we please stop bringing up Fevola? WE are almost 0 chance of drafting him because, as I see it, we dont need to take a punt on a professional d**khead like Fev.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:No offence intended but can we please stop bringing up Fevola? WE are almost 0 chance of drafting him because, as I see it, we dont need to take a punt on a professional d**khead like Fev.

BANG BANG
Correct...the media would have a field day if he F*cked up...

Fev and St Kilda in the same sentence...croc media would be knocking the top off on free to air...

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
Hurricane wrote:No offence intended but can we please stop bringing up Fevola? WE are almost 0 chance of drafting him because, as I see it, we dont need to take a punt on a professional d**khead like Fev.

BANG BANG
Correct...the media would have a field day if he F*cked up...

Fev and St Kilda in the same sentence...croc media would be knocking the top off on free to air...
But apparently that wouldn't have happened with Cousins according to the doyens and know alls on here :roll:

A drug addled ice addict who did SF at Richmond, but still people carry on like he was the saviour

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
hungry for a premiership
Club Player

WILL St.Kilda draft Fev? No chance in hell.

SHOULD St.Kilda draft Fev? Bloody oath, IMHO. It's absolutely nothing like the lovett situation. We took a huge risk on Lovett. What we could offer Fev would be no risk.

And as for those who say, "oh, we need to get a good image in the media, we need to be the media's b*tches," F&#K the media. You know they're going to attack us any chance they get and turn everything we do into "Rabble club does it again" headlines anyway, so why should we take them into consideration when making decisions about OUR future and OUR next premiership? And at the end of the day, you never know how the media will react. Look at how they reacted to the Richmond/Cousins deal. They ate it up, loved it, and both Cousins and Richmond came out better off.

If he comes in and stuffs up or is unable to find any form, well, he goes and we don't lose anything more than if an untried rookie turns out to be no good

BUT

If he comes in and is able to hold down FF, well, all of a sudden we've got Roo playing as the number 2 forward, we've got 2 dangerous smalls, we've got goddard floating through, we've got Kosi and Macca pinch hitting, we've got the best damn forward line in the comp.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

hungry for a premiership wrote:WILL St.Kilda draft Fev? No chance in hell.

SHOULD St.Kilda draft Fev? Bloody oath, IMHO. It's absolutely nothing like the lovett situation. We took a huge risk on Lovett. What we could offer Fev would be no risk.

And as for those who say, "oh, we need to get a good image in the media, we need to be the media's b*tches," F&#K the media. You know they're going to attack us any chance they get and turn everything we do into "Rabble club does it again" headlines anyway, so why should we take them into consideration when making decisions about OUR future and OUR next premiership? And at the end of the day, you never know how the media will react. Look at how they reacted to the Richmond/Cousins deal. They ate it up, loved it, and both Cousins and Richmond came out better off.

If he comes in and stuffs up or is unable to find any form, well, he goes and we don't lose anything more than if an untried rookie turns out to be no good

BUT

If he comes in and is able to hold down FF, well, all of a sudden we've got Roo playing as the number 2 forward, we've got 2 dangerous smalls, we've got goddard floating through, we've got Kosi and Macca pinch hitting, we've got the best damn forward line in the comp.
I like dreaming...coz dreaming can make Fev mine..... :oops:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.