Saints Foxtel Deal

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

doggerel
Club Player

Saints Foxtel Deal

I received the following offer in the post recently from Foxtel, available to Saints members on 1300 732 458 until 31.12.11:
- $100 establishment fee
- $50 per month for basic Foxtel + Sport
- St Kilda branded Foxtel remote
- $25 club merchandise voucher
- $50 donation from Foxtel to St Kilda F.C

My questions are, how does this deal stack up generally with what Foxtel typically has on offer for Sport based packages? And, has anyone taken up this package and had any success getting the Establishment Fee waived?

My interest in Foxtel is marginal. I guess I could be persuaded at $50 a month, but probably not $60, which is basically what it is if you amortise the Establishment Fee over the year's contract. My property has previously had Foxtel connected so there is no need for a technician to visit to justify the Establishment Fee, but I guess they are going to want to charge it anyway.

St Kilda Social Club member since 1996
StGoddard18
Club Player

I just got the deal on Friday. We upgraded to a iq hd box do we can record and get sport channels in HD. It was a $150 establishment fee for us because we upgraded the box. Will be paying $70 a month. $50 which is the standard deal. $10 for the iq box and $10 for the HD channels which has sport movies etc.

I feel like we have gotten a good deal and I'm excited to get it. I was able to get them to wave the fee that you get charged when you move house ( we will be moving soon) and we get the HD channels free for the first 3 months.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I already had Fox sports- through austar
and was changed to Mystar- IQ, midyear BUT changed back quickly even though I don't get HD function.

My reason
I like to copy for later viewing and to share with family.
you can't copy from IQ to other. yes you can save for later but eventually the 100+ hours run out and programs begin to drop off - .

personal choice.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
matrix
Saintsational Legend

thru austar the basic is 50 bucks plus 15 for the sports i think

get the iq box if you can, but as bratty says you cannot remove what you record to a portable hard drive or disc.

also if you head to whirlpool forums theres a thread there where people have rang up foxtel/austar and negotiated a better deal when they have threatened to cancel their membership with them

some people have scored some serious bargains/deals by doing this as foxtel/austar dont want you to cancel.

we'll be doing this when our house is built and we have to reconnect in the new joint.

crippa2sipa
Club Player

Re: Saints Foxtel Deal

doggerel wrote:I received the following offer in the post recently from Foxtel, available to Saints members on 1300 732 458 until 31.12.11:
- $100 establishment fee
- $50 per month for basic Foxtel + Sport
- St Kilda branded Foxtel remote
- $25 club merchandise voucher
- $50 donation from Foxtel to St Kilda F.C

My questions are, how does this deal stack up generally with what Foxtel typically has on offer for Sport based packages? And, has anyone taken up this package and had any success getting the Establishment Fee waived?

My interest in Foxtel is marginal. I guess I could be persuaded at $50 a month, but probably not $60, which is basically what it is if you amortise the Establishment Fee over the year's contract. My property has previously had Foxtel connected so there is no need for a technician to visit to justify the Establishment Fee, but I guess they are going to want to charge it anyway.

Foxtel's current offer to the general public until 29.01.12 = 50% off Starter Pack ($22.50 per mth) for 6 mths on a 12 mth plan + $100 installation fee + Foxtel remote branded to the AFL team of your choice. Add on the $16 p/m for the Sports pack and this offer equates to $58 per mth.

I happened to pass a Foxtel kiosk yesterday and was able to get them to waive the installation fee. The alternative offer put to me was as follows:

(1) Foxtel would waive the installation fee if I chose the "Sports Value Pack" for the first month at a special price (apparently unadvertised) of $69.50 p/m instead of the usual $92 p/m. (The package includes "Get Started", "Sports", "Kids and music", "Drama and Lifestyle", "Knowledge and Adventure", and it comes with IQ - though not IQHD.)

(2) After the first month, revert to the Starter Pack + Sports Pack, paying $22.50 + $16 for 6 months, then the standard price of $45 + $16 for the remaining 5 months.

This revised offer equates to $50 p/m.

Further reductions are possible. That is because you can secure these terms now, but postpone the commencement date of your contract to the start of the AFL season. Then, once the AFL season ends (after roughly 7 months), stop subscribing to the Sports pack ($16 p/m) for the last 5 months of the contract.

The offer will then equate to $44 p/m - which strikes me as about right for those of us whose interest in Foxtel, save for their AFL coverage, is negligible.