Members caps/scarfs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Members caps/scarfs

G'day folks! :D Happy 2012! I've read with interest many of the posts concerning the members packages, and specifically the issue of members scarfs and caps. In view of the need for the club to cut costs and for us to avoid the spectacle of caps and scarfs being given away (a-la the early morning TV commercial shoot) because of over-ordering, might the following idea be worth considering for the future?: That the club produce a cap and scarf for members of a design that will be permanent, and that simply states "Member St Kilda Football Club" without any reference to a particular year. In this way any unused cap/scarf stock could be "rolled over" for the following season without our club having loads of obsolete and dated merchandise hanging around. I for one would be happy to purchase a cap and scarf each year to help out the club, but having a "non-specific season" design for the club scarf could help avoid having the problems we've had of late in this area. Just a thought.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Members caps/scarfs

thejiggingsaint wrote:G'day folks! :D Happy 2012! I've read with interest many of the posts concerning the members packages, and specifically the issue of members scarfs and caps. In view of the need for the club to cut costs and for us to avoid the spectacle of caps and scarfs being given away (a-la the early morning TV commercial shoot) because of over-ordering, might the following idea be worth considering for the future?: That the club produce a cap and scarf for members of a design that will be permanent, and that simply states "Member St Kilda Football Club" without any reference to a particular year. In this way any unused cap/scarf stock could be "rolled over" for the following season without our club having loads of obsolete and dated merchandise hanging around. I for one would be happy to purchase a cap and scarf each year to help out the club, but having a "non-specific season" design for the club scarf could help avoid having the problems we've had of late in this area. Just a thought.

...how about you put your suggestion to the club itself.... :roll:...pointless posting that here

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:G'day folks! :D Happy 2012! I've read with interest many of the posts concerning the members packages, and specifically the issue of members scarfs and caps. In view of the need for the club to cut costs and for us to avoid the spectacle of caps and scarfs being given away (a-la the early morning TV commercial shoot) because of over-ordering, might the following idea be worth considering for the future?: That the club produce a cap and scarf for members of a design that will be permanent, and that simply states "Member St Kilda Football Club" without any reference to a particular year. In this way any unused cap/scarf stock could be "rolled over" for the following season without our club having loads of obsolete and dated merchandise hanging around. I for one would be happy to purchase a cap and scarf each year to help out the club, but having a "non-specific season" design for the club scarf could help avoid having the problems we've had of late in this area. Just a thought.
See, I told you that drinking red cordial would stimulate the brain :lol: :wink: Good idea young fellow !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Gday Eastern! Happy new year to you! :D I'm happy to contact the club with this idea, I just wanted to see what other folk thought of it. I know that for many, the idea of a "different, unique" scarf for each season is a big deal. After seeing what a drain on finances it can be to have large amounts of stock not taken up, I thought this idea could go some way to ease the problem. Of course, it should also be in tandem with a more businesslike approach to the whole issue of merchandise etc. Have agreat day Pal! (and go easy on the raspberry cordial :wink: )

ando051
Club Player

Great idea. As i have said in other post all the members with the same caps and scarves on looks great on game day. I for one would be happy to purchase the hat and scarf for the current year, in saying that there is only me and the missus. It would be hard for Mums and Dads with all there kids to fork out an extra $150 - $200 per to look the part. I thing a generic Hat and Scarf would work and last years.

I think they should drop the T Shirt out of the current package. Make the Scarf and Hat package more affordable at say $20. Who wears only a T Shirt to the footy in the middle of winter?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

ando051 wrote:I think they should drop the T Shirt out of the current package. Make the Scarf and Hat package more affordable at say $20. Who wears only a T Shirt to the footy in the middle of winter?
Good point Ando (Tom Hafey aside that is :wink: )

St Lenny
Club Player

From a marketing angle not such a great idea. No incentive for fans to spend money on new merchandise each season.