Kosi Injury (minor?)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Kosi Injury (minor?)

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/hur ... 1tuht.html

Hmm, I wonder if the idiotic 2 man bench 2 subs system combined with the heat was a big factor?

Yes I know the games are short, but these games are Febraury practice matches.

IMO the benches should be bigger not smaller.

Anyway, let's hope Kosi can get another praccy match in in a few weeks time, maybe round 4 of the series.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kosi Injury (minor?)

saintspremiers wrote:http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/hur ... 1tuht.html

Hmm, I wonder if the idiotic 2 man bench 2 subs system combined with the heat was a big factor?

Anyway, let's hope Kosi can get another praccy match in in a few weeks time, maybe round 4 of the series.

Is everything that happens the AFL fault. The game went for just over a quarter. Talk about just saying something with no facts at all.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Is everything that happens the AFL fault. The game went for just over a quarter. Talk about just saying something with no facts at all.
But it was a praccy match. What more facts do you want idiot?

1. kosi got an injury

2. We had 2 subs and 2 subs

Those are FACTS.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

But it was a praccy match. What more facts do you want idiot?

1. kosi got an injury

2. We had 2 subs and 2 subs

Those are FACTS.

Why werent there other injuries? Lenny got injured last year when there was 3 and a sub. We had our worst run of injuries in 2006 when there 4 interchanges. Has Kosi ever been injured before?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Calf...meh...he'll be ok.
Kosi must lift this year or must go.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Calf...meh...he'll be ok.
Go?

Maybe only if Stanley is a genuine replacement, which IMO is a good chance, but pure speculation at this stage. That's a big challenge for Hammer and Watters - to make Stanley into a player of value.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Calf...meh...he'll be ok.
Go?

Maybe only if Stanley is a genuine replacement, which IMO is a good chance, but pure speculation at this stage. That's a big challenge for Hammer and Watters - to make Stanley into a player of value.
yeah go...only if we can get a decent replacement.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

There is an article on afl.com.au where Watters thinks the stupid bench rule contributed to Kosi's injury.

Talk about inflexible imbeciles that run the comp. it was 37 degrees FFS when game 1 began!

Hardly normal Feb 7pm conditions !

Why didn't they say to the teams they could have an extra one or two on the bench given the heat?

Numbats as Clarkey would say!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:There is an article on afl.com.au where Watters thinks the stupid bench rule contributed to Kosi's injury.

Talk about inflexible imbeciles that run the comp. it was 37 degrees FFS when game 1 began!

Why didn't they say to the teams they could have an extra one or two on the bench given the heat?

How many other players got injured and i still need to know if that is Kosi's first injury?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:There is an article on afl.com.au where Watters thinks the stupid bench rule contributed to Kosi's injury.

How many other players got injured and i still need to know if that is Kosi's first injury?
No one but Kosi has been relatively injury free in recent seasons.

But you can keep batting up the AFL's arse if you enjoy it I guess......

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

No one but Kosi has been relatively injury free in recent seasons.

But you can keep batting up the AFL's arse if you enjoy it I guess......

Yes it is much better to think everything they do is wrong. The problem with that is the game is getting bigger and bigger. You really would be fun at the footy. I may meet you next time I want to bash my grandmother.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

it's player management I recon there would be some sore boys today the heat is energy sapping and that can lead to muscle spasm cramps or injury .. After the game the players would be pumped with fluids to help recover ... Normally the AFL do the right thing and allow extended benches or delay the start time on especially hot games ( usually games in Perth in feb ) strange they didn't last night

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Le Cras was injured in an intra club match.

Many others ge t injured at training.

Polak got hit by a tram.

Bloody stupid AFL. All their fault :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Le Cras was injured in an intra club match.

Polak got hit by a tram.

And now Krakeour.

So Joff, just to get you back on topic once again, surely extending the bench on hot days for praccy matches is not too far fetched an idea eh?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Where did SP actually blame the AFL in this post Pluggs ??? He ask the question of if it had an effect it's you that jumped on the defensive without any real cause ..... You say talking without facts at all yet SP is stating his opinion not a fact his opinion is the two sub rule is idiotic it's his opinion that the bench should be more in the heat .. Get off you high horse plugger not everything is an attack on the AFL

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Where did SP actually blame the AFL in this post Pluggs ??? He ask the question of if it had an effect it's you that jumped on the defensive without any real cause ..... You say talking without facts at all yet SP is stating his opinion not a fact his opinion is the two sub rule is idiotic it's his opinion that the bench should be more in the heat .. Get off you high horse plugger not everything is an attack on the AFL

Have you just joined this place. Of course nearly everything SP says is an attack on the AFL. That is his choice but it is my choice to point out that maybe Kosi just gets injured a fair bit and that was the only injury last night.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

That's the problem you just assumed it was an attack without fact some thing you are more than happy to jump up and down and point the finger when anyone else does it ... Maybe you should stick to the facts of the post when you reply ???
The only one linking it to being the AFL fault is the media outlet who wrote the story and you

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:That's the problem you just assumed it was an attack without fact some thing you are more than happy to jump up and down and point the finger when anyone else does it ... Maybe you should stick to the facts of the post when you reply ???

I stuck with the facts and SP says everything the AFL do is wrong. And i am happy for you the point the finger at me but like any bull in a gate I will keep coming.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

What facts ? You post accused SP of blaming the AFL when his post didn't put blame on anyone he asked a legit question but you jumped to that conclusion your no better then those who say the AFL hate us as a club with no basis of fact except you use SP and hate of the AFL ...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:What facts ? You post accused SP of blaming the AFL when his post didn't put blame on anyone he asked a legit question but you jumped to that conclusion your no better then those who say the AFL hate us as a club with no basis of fact except you use SP and hate of the AFL ...

The fact is SP blames the AFL for everything. Did you have a fight with your misses today?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

But sticking to the facts he didn't in that post ... So maybe stick to the facts yourself

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I hope it's only minor, he deserves some good luck...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Le Cras was injured in an intra club match.

Polak got hit by a tram.

And now Krakeour.

So Joff, just to get you back on topic once again, surely extending the bench on hot days for praccy matches is not too far fetched an idea eh?
So thats the cure.

Nobody will get injured with an extended bench hey?

Fair Dinkum. All you ever do is critisise. You are a whinger about anything and look for the most simplistic of solutions.

Always looking for the eay way out like the AFL and the people who run the most successful football code in the land by a country mile wouldn't have looked at the NAB Cup and the heat in February :roll:

Fair Dinkum, your ignorance and simplistic knee jerk reactions embarrass you.

How do you know with 20 on the interchange that Kosi wouldn't have been injured.

My god.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

OK leaving Kosi injury aside, is there any reason for limiting number of players on the bench in this type of game?

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

.don't be worrying about kosi , he'll win us a flag.

.i wanna know why plugger is keen to bash his gran ?
.... is she a maggot supporter ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.