Eagles game this week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Eagles game this week

Cant come quick enough!
Give us something real to talk about at last. I expect us to lose but hope to see a good competitive effort from a young side.

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

Re: Eagles game this week

Would be great to see our youngsters up a against some of the more established Eagles youngsters.

Also, will be interesting if any of the other youngsters that we haven't seen included in the first and second round squads are included i.e. Markworth, Staley, Lever etc.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

QuestionOfAccuracy wrote:Would be great to see our youngsters up a against some of the more established Eagles youngsters.

Also, will be interesting if any of the other youngsters that we haven't seen included in the first and second round squads are included i.e. Markworth, Staley, Lever etc.
Sounds like they are shelving Markworth till he bulks up… not sure on the other 2, but probably similar.

DWOODROW
Club Player

Do you think given that teams get prize money for where they place that we might take over a reasonable side or would the majority of some senior players stay home to get ready for the season proper.

Thoughts?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:Do you think given that teams get prize money for where they place that we might take over a reasonable side or would the majority of some senior players stay home to get ready for the season proper.

Thoughts?
tough one. i would have said we would rest most of our senior guys and not fly them. but seeing they didnt get a proper run on the weekend - we might change our tack and play a full side this week then let them have the next week off.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

how's Armo doing Dwoodrow? Haveb't heard much about him

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:how's Armo doing Dwoodrow? Haveb't heard much about him
And which one of you gets to sing "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother"? :D

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Sung a marvellous rendition of Advance Australia Fair at sponsors function last night. He also took out the Lawn Bowls championship so he is having good preseason so far :lol:

DWOODROW
Club Player

He's very busy doing some reno's at the moment but the fact we havn't heard much of him or about him is a nice change to the stat of the season I would say. :shock: :lol:

Looking forward to seeing him play a little differently this year. :wink:

DWOODROW
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
And which one of you gets to sing "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother"? :D
Well I'm usually the one that hears,

"You fat bastard, you fat bastard, you ate all the pies"

He definitely got the looks tho. :shock:

DWOODROW
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:Do you think given that teams get prize money for where they place that we might take over a reasonable side or would the majority of some senior players stay home to get ready for the season proper.

Thoughts?
tough one. i would have said we would rest most of our senior guys and not fly them. but seeing they didnt get a proper run on the weekend - we might change our tack and play a full side this week then let them have the next week off.
These were my thoughts.

Do you risk taking them all over to the West to get a game into them and possible injury or try and rest and let them get ready for the season and get some games into the younger players again.?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
Sung a marvellous rendition of Advance Australia Fair at sponsors function last night. He also took out the Lawn Bowls championship so he is having good preseason so far :lol:
Would love to hear that in a player interview

"Yeah the whole group's had a great pre-season, everyone is running faster times, some of the young guys are really stepping up… and Armo, well he belted out a super national anthem the other night and his lawn bowling has gone to a whole new level, hopefully he can take that into the season with him"

DWOODROW
Club Player

hahahahahhhahahaha

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

dragit wrote:
QuestionOfAccuracy wrote:Would be great to see our youngsters up a against some of the more established Eagles youngsters.

Sounds like they are shelving Markworth till he bulks up… not sure on the other 2, but probably similar.
RE Markworth - is that just a hunch of yours? Because Shenton isn't exactly The Hulk and he featured in both of the first two squads. It's curious, as I think Markworth seemingly has the tools to be an exciting player.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

dragit wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:
Would love to hear that in a player interview

"Yeah the whole group's had a great pre-season, everyone is running faster times, some of the young guys are really stepping up… and Armo, well he belted out a super national anthem the other night and his lawn bowling has gone to a whole new level, hopefully he can take that into the season with him"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dragit
Saintsational Legend

QuestionOfAccuracy wrote:
dragit wrote:

RE Markworth - is that just a hunch of yours? Because Shenton isn't exactly The Hulk and he featured in both of the first two squads. It's curious, as I think Markworth seemingly has the tools to be an exciting player.
Hunch with sauce...
I heard this a few weeks ago, think he has slight knee issue & needs more kg's - unfortunately I don't think we'll see him this year.
Shenton is a few years older & has played a lot more footy

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
He's very busy doing some reno's at the moment but the fact we havn't heard much of him or about him is a nice change to the stat of the season I would say. :shock: :lol:

Looking forward to seeing him play a little differently this year. :wink:

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
gringo
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:

Shenton is a lot bigger than he looks when you see him up close. he has that Polo build, wide shoulders and small hips so looks slighter from a distance. He is also mature age and will be expected to hit the ground running. Markworth is a reasonably long term project as he hasn't even played footy for that long, that said he might get a run in the preseason, just maybe not in the seniors this year unless he is an absolute bolter.

Staley sounds like he went well in the Zebs game so might get a run in the NAB but Lever really does look skinny.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I wonder if Scott is just wanting to play 1 full game before the season proper starts so he knows if his systems are in place.. inside and outside the coaches box.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
wasoncestkil58
Club Player

I would like to know what time the game is on WA time this Saturday please.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Last time I saw Lever he was in a moon boot.

Staley is a long way off it too if the Seaford intra-club is anything to go by.

I'd rather see Curren again.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

i wouldnt mind seeing shenton and winmar get a full game this week.

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

gringo wrote:
dragit wrote: Sounds like they are shelving Markworth till he bulks up… not sure on the other 2, but probably similar.
Shenton is a lot bigger than he looks when you see him up close. he has that Polo build, wide shoulders and small hips so looks slighter from a distance. He is also mature age and will be expected to hit the ground running. Markworth is a reasonably long term project as he hasn't even played footy for that long, that said he might get a run in the preseason, just maybe not in the seniors this year unless he is an absolute bolter.

Staley sounds like he went well in the Zebs game so might get a run in the NAB but Lever really does look skinny.
Eager to see Markworth and Staley amongst others on show at the Zebs game this week!

I think Markworth is an exciting prospect.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Would really like to see more of Winmar...

Thought what he did in the mini matches was very impressive, although in small doses...

Certainly has a truckload of skill, and he seems a great size...

I think he will really be a player for us, and would like to see him exposed to as much game time as possible in the next few weeks, before dropping back to the VFL and hopefully stepping up a level this year..

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

St.Kilda $2.50 taking over stong team... not bad...