"Right"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

"Right"

Look,we are not going to set the world on fire this year,and if we're half a decent side we would have beat Port today.

However I seriously hope the club puts in an official please explain to the AFL for what we saw tonight

Right

Bring back the Lockett era
battye
Saintsational Legend

Re: "Right"

jonesy wrote:Look,we are not going to set the world on fire this year,and if we're half a decent side we would have beat Port today.

However I seriously hope the club puts in an official please explain to the AFL for what we saw tonight

Right
Umpiring was no better or worse than any other match. We should have smashed Port by 6 goals, but as a team we aren't capable of that any more. It saddens me to say this.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:
jonesy wrote:Look,we are not going to set the world on fire this year,and if we're half a decent side we would have beat Port today.

Right
Umpiring was no better or worse than any other match. We should have smashed Port by 6 goals, but as a team we aren't capable of that any more. It saddens me to say this.

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly with the second half of what you said,the first 10 words were comical.

One of the most inept and blatant displays of favourtism you will ever see in the modern era. I thought that sh*t went out in the 80's

Bring back the Lockett era
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

I very rarely have a go at the umpires....but they cost us 4 points, no doubt. We will be ordinary this year, but we should have won that match. How many bullsh3T 50'S???

Nee!
wasaintsfan
Club Player

that was rubbish, now we rarely have luck against port at aami, and our start didnt help... but when the 2nd half ifs 3 50m penalties to 0 and 10 extra free kicks,,, especially when i watchin g port guys take saints on get tackled throw the ball forward a couple of meters with no handball or kick.... and nothing... it grinds me.... my mrs who wasnt watching the game... saw riewoldts goal and goes, dont get too excited port will get a free from the bounce... and suprise suprise what you know..... really over it... if the umps arent going to umpire the game as a neautral in interstate games... get rid of them simple... we saw it last night freo geelong..... adelaide/gold coast...... writings on the wall... If i did my job as poorly as some of these umps.. id be at centrelink right now.... this would prob be my first ever complaint against umps aswell

Sobraz
SS Life Member

fugazi wrote:I very rarely have a go at the umpires....but they cost us 4 points, no doubt. We will be ordinary this year, but we should have won that match. How many bullsh3T 50'S???
I too never look to blame poor decisions... It almost always evens out...

Tonight was one of the worst umpiring performances I've ever seen... It is a shame Watters' job would be in jeopardy if he took a stance and called it as it is... AD would put a call in for him to be sacked...

We played poorly, no doubt, but we were raped by the umps... absolutely violated.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Umpiring no good but more importantly our players are no good.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Umpiring no good but more importantly our players are no good.

Wow at least you admitted the umpires were no good first time ever.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Umpiring no good but more importantly our players are no good.

Wow at least you admitted the umpires were no good first time ever.

If I think they are no good I say it but as I said I dont understand how that helps anyone. We lost because we are not good enough and you only had to watch round one to see that was the case.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

The irony is during a cross to the Port box I clearly saw Primus drop the f-bomb towards the umpire, and it was the Dal Santo free.

Middo
Club Player

Be more worried about Jones , Blake , Polo and Armo FFS these guys are going to kill us with turnovers or plain stupid decisions !!!

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
35...LEGEND
Club Player

SainterK wrote:The irony is during a cross to the Port box I clearly saw Primus drop the f-bomb towards the umpire, and it was the Dal Santo free.
Yeah had a chuckle myself.....what a cheek.

WE WAS ROBBED !!!

saints66
Club Player

We will be better next year when the new umpires come into the competition.

To the top
SS Life Member

Staying with some very good friends of mine - and where, unfortunately, he is a former long time Port Adelaide (SANFL) player - and they live at Alberton!

A few brief points whilst getting ready for an evening meal at the place adjacent to the Alberton Oval Bowling Club, where I will cop a ragging except that the Mighty Redlegs won at Elizabeth last night for the first time in 9 years and Port Adelaide lost to Sturt earlier in the day by a couple of points (Cahill kicking 3 including the last 2 match sealers in an impressive display):-

1) I do not know what the free kick differential was but it seemed significant in the context of frees paid.

2) The crowd was non existant, 15,000 as a maximum so the future of Port Adelaide remains in significant doubt - and no doubt, knowing the "attributes" of Demitriou, every effort is being made to make Port Adelaide competative in home games so they can see crowds grow and not fall further. Significant sections of the ground were unable to be accessed and had yellow plastic or a large size National flag over the area/s.

3) Whilst St Kilda continue to play Blake, Geary, Jones (none of these is anywhere near AFL standard, only fill space and gift possesion to the opposition with their abysmal ball skills and decision making processes), Milne (2 gifted goals and did not win a contested ball all night - in fact he was thrashed, was easily run off yet again and applied zero defensive pressure), Peake (ditto Milne - his only touches were when he found space, nothing in the contests because he does not take his turn) and Polo (ditto Blake, Geary and Jones) we will continue to go backwards at a rate of knots. Ray, the jury is out on because he is not a player favoured by being a substitute).

4) We could not win a contested ball and we could not carry into space - the absolute clearance work was by Port Adelaide getting hands on the contested pill, pushing it around and then finding over-lap opportunity to run into space. We did not achieve this outcome once all night. We struggled big time - and given possessions would have been 50/50 to the naked eye that is our problem.

Can not win the ball where it needs to be won and at least 6 players well short of requirements.

I trust that some of our youngsters put their hands up in the VFL today - and that Clarke, Gram and Gwilt continue their recoveries at pace.

Because we need another 6/7 players pronto to be competative with any other team in the competition.