Positives

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Positives

Milera
Geary
Stanley in parts
Steven (except for turnovers)
umm.....
Sandringham and the kids going well.

Feel free to add any more (cause I cant think of any :oops: )

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Positives

Milera and Geary were excellent. Dal and Fisher were strong Goddard was Goddard should have won but were royally screwed. Seriously should check the umpires bags for cash at the airport. Just comical. I watched with my dad who always tells me not to blame umps but couldn't believe that either.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

If Geary was excellent then I was watching a different game

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Surely this thread isnt about drug taking.

Legendary
Club Player

Milera.

Milera.

What a debut. How long since we've had a kid come in and play that well in his first game? Sensational. Need more of it. What a find.

battye
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:If Geary was excellent then I was watching a different game
Yeah, I didn't think he was great. Courageous yes, but a lot of fumbles and not great disposal. Same old story. I've always put him in the category just above Eddy. Hoping he takes his game to the next level this year, but not expecting miracles.

Agree with Legendery regarding Milera. Best debut in ages. Very happy.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Definitely Milera. Looked right at home in the AFL.

Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

Goddard and Dal Santo were our bests Fisher did some good things

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Geary excellent. This is our problem. We can't be any good if he is a regular. He tried hard. He got plenty of it. His decision making and execution is not good enough. His first 5 minutes were laughable. He single handedly cost us the first 2 goals.

Sorry K but if he remains a regular we are in trouble. Some things will never change. Love his passion. Hate his excecution.

Club Player

Jones , Blake , Polo and Armo FFS these guys are going to kill us with turnovers or plain stupid decisions !!! Add Geary !!!!!

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote:Jones , Blake , Polo and Armo FFS these guys are going to kill us with turnovers or plain stupid decisions !!! Add Geary !!!!!

This is a positives thread, there are plenty of other thread to take your miserable whinging.

FFS its not hard to find one. :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The frees gave me the sh*ts but they seemed to be there...we were actually very undiciplined and I hope Watters nips this in the bud real quick. I will be watching with interest.

Millera was good but was anyone on him? Good to see a genuinley quick player in our team..

I think both Qld boys need to be moved on at the end of the year...

I generally ignore round one and round 22 as results are distorted for obvious reasons but...our era is over...it is finished.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
maverick
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Middo wrote:Jones , Blake , Polo and Armo FFS these guys are going to kill us with turnovers or plain stupid decisions !!! Add Geary !!!!!

This is a positives thread, there are plenty of other thread to take your miserable whinging.

So if we dispute a positive we can't post, unless of course we agree with you?

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Milera was terrific... As was Stanley (a player I had little hope for... Seems he is stepping up)...

Milera's performance showed to me what an injection of youth and x factor can do... If Ledger & Sipposs had also been included instead of Peake and Polo, I firmly believe we'd have the 4 points in the bank right now..

Stanley will be a good back up ruck all year, and may develop into a forward threat (part time)... Needs to have better hands overhead...

Chips, Dal, BJ all solid, Milne tried and was robbed a crucial goal... Geary wasn't as poor as I expected..

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

only real positive is milera and compared to 2011 - stanley is miles better now.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

Sorry, guilty as charged..

Millera was great...Milne still has it..
Last edited by SaintPav on Sun 01 Apr 2012 9:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:Milera
Geary
Stanley in parts
Steven (except for turnovers)
umm.....
Sandringham and the kids going well.

Feel free to add any more (cause I cant think of any :oops: )
Milera yes, Geary fumbled as per usual, Stanley still looks like that untalented kid in the class and everyone is surprised when he does something correct, Steven needs to improve his kicking and it has been evident since the beginning of last year.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Another positive is they can blend in guys like Ross, Ledger, Simpkin, Winmar over the coming weeks.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

the only positives I see is that there can't be too many more negatives coming our way.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

So if we dispute a positive we can't post, unless of course we agree with you?
Thats right, fair dinkum :roll:

Noticed you added NOTHING to this thread

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:the only positives I see is that there can't be too many more negatives coming our way.
Plenty of negatives coming our way for the next few seasons.

We had a crack at the flag and fell agonisingly short.

Like the skunks after 2002-2003 we have to regroup for a few years and have a crack around 2015.

Lance or James??

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I thought Geary was okay..Port fumbled as well. It was just one of those games..typical game againts Port though where the luck did not go our way...

I thought a real positive though was the Watters/Laidley combination just being out coached by Matthew Primus...impressive that... :roll:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
The Fireman wrote:the only positives I see is that there can't be too many more negatives coming our way.

Like the skunks after 2002-2003 we have to regroup for a few years and have a crack around 2015.
Hey, you asked for postive, now look at you! :P

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

I am positive that we are currently very ordinary, as I have been saying for a few weeks, but many didn't want to believe me, telling me "pre-season form means nothing", just as they probably said at the same time last year (when we struggled in the late pre-season games then had a woeful start to the year).

I am also positive that we will probably be much better once Watters stars to get a bit aggro. He seems very "touchy feely" at the moment and I think what many of our team need is a good kick up the ass, to get them to stop feeling sorry for themselves at the lost opportunities of 2009/2010. They need to get over it and start wanting it like Port wanted it tonight, or else find themselves another occupation, or club.

I am also positive that Milera was a big positive and that Stanley did quite a few positive things and looks more like he belongs there now.

I am also positive that the umpiring made it even harder to watch the match tonight and that if Nick doesn't find his mojo in the next couple of weeks (in the forward line) that we put him somewhere completely different, to see if he can find it there.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Sun 01 Apr 2012 9:16pm, edited 2 times in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Hey, you asked for postive, now look at you! :P
That is a positive. Instead of b!tching and moaning, I am looking at the fact that we have to go and regroup. :D

Lance or James??