Thanks Ross Lyon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Ross Lyon

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/colling ... 6320733629

You stuffed up big time you stupid moron!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Thanks Ross Lyon

just makes me heartsick sad.. :(

and you can tell me all you want to get over it- but it hurts... to see him get feelings the other boys should have too :(

thank goodness football players are more understnding than supporters :

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

WHO CARES?

Opoosition Board the guys a filth maggot now - see ya later.

“Yeah….nah””
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:just makes me heartsick sad.. :(

and you can tell me all you want to get over it- but it hurts... to see him get feelings the other boys should have too :(

thank goodness football players are more understnding than supporters :
Lyon is sad. The fwit got nothing for him.

Here is an age article you don't need a login for

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/pie ... 1d31w.html

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Its funny with Ball. When he started playing 2 ago with pies many on here said he was gone and it sounded like some people for laughing at him. A few were upset we got nothing for him but most said good riddance you money hungry person. Now 2 years later it was all RL fault where as previously it was all Balls fault. I do find that funny.

I actually didnt blame Ball for leaving and I certainly thing we should have got something for him but I certainly didnt think RL was a f***wit then and certainly dont know. Stubborn is more what he or the club.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Interesting that Niall claims that Ball isn't going to end up with many more $$$ at the Pies than if he had stayed with us. Might lead some people to think that Ball left our club for reasons other than $$$. But they'd better not suggest it on here: they might get howled down because Lyon almost said Ball left for more money (well, at least he muttered something cryptic about "relativities").

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Its funny with Ball. When he started playing 2 ago with pies many on here said he was gone and it sounded like some people for laughing at him. A few were upset we got nothing for him but most said good riddance you money hungry person. Now 2 years later it was all RL fault where as previously it was all Balls fault. I do find that funny.

I actually didnt blame Ball for leaving and I certainly think we should have got something for him but I certainly didnt think RL was a f***wit then and certainly dont know. Stubborn is more what he or the club.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

That said, I don't think Ball leaving was a disaster for the club: more a pity for Ball himself and for the unity of the playing group. I don't think getting him back now would put us in any sort of an improved position. Perhaps having him available in the 2010 GF in place of Jones or Eddy or Ray might have made a difference. But our then coach had made it pretty clear that Luke wasn't part of his plans.

And Lyon was a first-rate coach, albeit one who didn't really care much about people's feelings.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Its funny with Ball. When he started playing 2 ago with pies many on here said he was gone and it sounded like some people for laughing at him. A few were upset we got nothing for him but most said good riddance you money hungry person. Now 2 years later it was all RL fault where as previously it was all Balls fault. I do find that funny.

I actually didnt blame Ball for leaving and I certainly think we should have got something for him but I certainly didnt think RL was a f***wit then and certainly dont now. Stubborn is more what he or the club.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:Interesting that Niall claims that Ball isn't going to end up with many more $$$ at the Pies than if he had stayed with us...
In that case, he must be playing for nothing this year. A premiership team these days needs 4 quality on ballers (look at Geelong and the Lions). We had that in 2009 (and 2004/5 for that matter), Collingwood did not. Situation reversed in 2010. But at both teams, Luke was and is the fourth, not the first, second or third. Is it possible to pay the fourth $500,000 a year? Apparently it wasn't at the Saints. Of course, the bounce of a ball probably made more of a difference to the whole saga than anything else. The sad part about it is that Luke will regret it (if he doesn't already) for the rest of his life. Whether the regrets are balanced by the medal on the mantelpiece only he can answer, but it would probably go some way.

We now know just how tough Ross was, but we also know that he needed to be to get a less talented 22 into a couple of playoffs. In both, we were in front or level with 5 minutes to play.
Last edited by perfectionist on Sat 07 Apr 2012 10:04am, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
meher baba wrote:Interesting that Niall claims that Ball isn't going to end up with many more $$$ at the Pies than if he had stayed with us...
In that case, he must be playing for nothing this year. A premiership team these days needs 4 quality on ballers (look at Geelong and the Lions). We had that in 2009 (and 2004/5 for that matter), Collingwood did not. Situation reversed in 2010. But at both teams, Luke was and is the fourth, not the first, second or third. Is it possible to pay the fourth $500,000 a year? Apparently it wasn't at the Saints. Of course, the bounce of a ball probably made more of a difference to the whole saga than anything else. The sad part about it is that Luke will regret it (if he doesn't already) for the rest of his life. Whether the regrets are balanced by the medal on the mantelpiece only he can answer, but it would probably go some way

I dont reckon he will have one regret in the world. he left because he had no spot guaranteed and the won a flag. Cannot possibly see how he has any regret. Maybe our club could because we let him go.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

meher baba wrote:That said, I don't think Ball leaving was a disaster for the club: more a pity for Ball himself and for the unity of the playing group. I don't think getting him back now would put us in any sort of an improved position. Perhaps having him available in the 2010 GF in place of Jones or Eddy or Ray might have made a difference. But our then coach had made it pretty clear that Luke wasn't part of his plans.

And Lyon was a first-rate coach, albeit one who didn't really care much about people's feelings.
Luke Balls injured hamstring does more on the field than Jones and Eddy combined. Ray not so much.

It should not have ended this way as a captain of a club does not just leave for nothing without a lack of a high-profile trade etc.

The question I ask is this. How come Ball was able to get back to his best and get 100% fit and healthy again? I thought we had one of the best in the business in David Mission? Surely he could have been able to figure this out? Why not?

* I know nothing about sport science so I am just wondering really...

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
meher baba wrote:That said, I don't think Ball leaving was a disaster for the club: more a pity for Ball himself and for the unity of the playing group. I don't think getting him back now would put us in any sort of an improved position. Perhaps having him available in the 2010 GF in place of Jones or Eddy or Ray might have made a difference. But our then coach had made it pretty clear that Luke wasn't part of his plans.

Luke Balls injured hamstring does more on the field than Jones and Eddy combined. Ray not so much.

It should not have ended this way as a captain of a club does not just leave for nothing without a lack of a high-profile trade etc.

The question I ask is this. How come Ball was able to get back to his best and get 100% fit and healthy again? I thought we had one of the best in the business in David Mission? Surely he could have been able to figure this out? Why not?

* I know nothing about sport science so I am just wondering really...
Maybe Misson has his limitations, Dimwit doesn't think much of his ilk

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I wonder how Ball feels now Ross is gone?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I wonder how Ball feels now Ross is gone?

My guess is very happy.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

My guess is very happy.
Sure.

How does that translate to him being elsewhere now though was more my ponderings.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

My guess is very happy.
Sure.

How does that translate to him being elsewhere now though was more my ponderings.

I dont think he would care slightly about leaving our club now. He has won a flag and is now playing as well as ever. Why wouldnt he be happy.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I dont think he would care slightly about leaving our club now. He has won a flag and is now playing as well as ever. Why wouldnt he be happy.
Yes to the flag and form, and you may be right about not giving St Kilda another thought...though I reckon if I left my job because of say my CEO, and he left shortly after, I probably would hear the news and think if he'd done it sooner it would of saved me leaving.

Premierships would help though, you're right.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Obvious mistake by coaching staff, fitness staff, recruiting.

Cost us a flag, a great player.....more importantly a great human.....at least we got a prick to replace him

And there were plenty, plenty on here defending (or trying to defend) a ridiculous error which Was ALWAYS going to come back to haunt us

The decision to offload three club favorites post 09 was a decision the club was always going to rue....

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I never defended an error, because the way I saw it he left...and then made it very hard in his demands to get to one club, and one club only. I also didn't like how he admitted to training with Collingwood before he'd officially walked from St Kilda.

Never doubted it was best he stayed though, and right until he left, I said his 'endeavour' should be bottled and sold.

I couldn't get my head around his physical transformation from 09 to late in 2010....he went from underdone to he-man, so maybe Misson gave up on him also?

Saints could do with him for sure, but I reckon Melbourne would also regret not taking him.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Obvious mistake by coaching staff, fitness staff, recruiting.

Cost us a flag, a great player.....more importantly a great human.....at least we got a prick to replace him

And there were plenty, plenty on here defending (or trying to defend) a ridiculous error which Was ALWAYS going to come back to haunt us

The decision to offload three club favorites post 09 was a decision the club was always going to rue....

No doubt Ball was an error but unless you have the figures that tell us how close to the salary cap we were you cant say all 3 were mistakes. Like Zac Dawson we may have really had no choice because of the salary cap. Maybe you can say that is poor management of salaries but most clubs who are up the top for a while lose players.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Can you tell us how close we were to the cap???

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Can you tell us how close we were to the cap???

Wouldnt have a clue just like you but I didnt make a statement without facts, you did.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:Can you tell us how close we were to the cap???

Wouldnt have a clue just like you but I didnt make a statement without facts, you did.
Quit the nonsense plugs, BM was asking a legit question and not in a stalking/trolling mode.

As for the salary cap, no doubt we are high up on it at the moment. Maybe it's a ploy waiting for free agency to offload a few stars for the rebuild. That's basically saying free agency may be a more lucrative avenue than the trade period??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Revisionist history.