Shame its Melbourne...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Shame its Melbourne...

What a shame for me that we play melb this week..........I expect us to be angry after dropping that last game and to belt them but reality is we need that fire a week later against a v good side.

I hope we dont get satisfied that a Melb thumping somehow atones for droppping very winnable games against Freo/Port cause it don't.

Still p!ssed bout not being 4-0..and taking huge advantage of a soft start draw.

And yes,i know.........can only beat who you play...yada yada yada..

“Yeah….nah””
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Re: Shame its Melbourne...

We might get lucky and lose against Melbourne so we can be fired up for the following game.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:We might get lucky and lose against Melbourne so we can be fired up for the following game.
If any team could achieve that...itd be us...we could even win every stat and still look comical moving the ball into fwd 50 with dumb players..

“Yeah….nah””
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

It won't surprise me if Melbourne beat us. They will perceive us as being vulnerable and go in for the kill. They will want to beat the younger and VFL grade players in the team which there are a few and they will zone of our elite players and let them continue to rack up cheap stats. All they have to do is create a bit of energy and speed and they will trouble us. We looked very slow and unskilful against Freo. I don't think you can count on this game as a win.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

I know it's a cliche but we would have learnt alot from last weeks loss, which will make us better again. Yes we should have won but didn't. It was a challenge for our forward line that failed. So, having done mostly everything else right, we can re-focus on goal kicking, and hopefully put us in better stead to achieve our target of 15 or 16 goals per week.
Even if we win next week, even if we win by 10 goals, no one will be talking about St Kilda. Which is kinda the way I like it at the moment.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I'm now extremley confident we won't drop this one. Wasn't before I read this thread.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:I'm now extremley confident we won't drop this one. Wasn't before I read this thread.
Notwithstanding your change of logic after reading this thread it would appear you aren't confident about our chances against the Dees. Considering your self-proclaimed knowledge of the game I will go with your logic before reading this thread and just put down your change of mind down to hormones.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
SaintPav wrote:I'm now extremley confident we won't drop this one. Wasn't before I read this thread.
Notwithstanding your change of logic after reading this thread it would appear you aren't confident about our chances against the Dees. Considering your self-proclaimed knowledge of the game I will go with your logic before reading this thread and just put down your change of mind down to hormones.
I am and was confident about beating the poor old Dees. It is just now beyond doubt.

I never said I knew anything about the game either. I just have an opinion and some opinions make more sense than others.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I wouldn't pencil it in as a win just yet.

Melbourne cannot be as bad as they are showing and will have a day when things go right sooner or later. Let's hope it's not this week.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:I wouldn't pencil it in as a win just yet.
Me either… Melbourne are going to win one at some stage.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:I wouldn't pencil it in as a win just yet.

Melbourne cannot be as bad as they are showing and will have a day when things go right sooner or later. Let's hope it's not this week.
Disagree.

They are a rabble the whole way from the top down.

Scully gone. The guy who has gone to Carlton.

It's not good for them. Beaten once again in hyped up Stynes match against a pathetic flogs team in Footscray by a reasonable margin.

We should win by plenty (weather permitting!).

It's the Hawks game thy holds real interest.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'd be surprised if Mitch Clark plays

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I'd be surprised if Mitch Clark plays
Agree.

At at least he didn't do a Neil Sasche.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Some teams we don't match up well on and most are nimble quick ball movers. Melbourne has given us some scares recently and I'm certainly not cocky about our chances. We need to be up and about for every match from here in. Richmond and Essendon play a similar non grinding fast game and it screws up our forced contest game style.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I hope we spray the ball in the direction of our forward line often enough to give our forwards a greater chance to spray the ball at the big sticks....

If we're spraying it around then that means we've got it and they haven't. Do that for the majority of the game and we should win...I'm confident we can do that...

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Realistically, Melbourne have no hope of winning this match... Their list is just far too weak... And with Mitch Clark possibly missing, they have no weapons up forward... Maybe Silvia can push down there if he's in, but game 1 for the year, wouldn't expect much from him...

Our top end talent will just be too much for them to handle... Fisher and BJ will have a field day mopping up across half back, and Dal will tear them to shreds without a decent tagger to smother him... Lenny has stepped it up, and Roo and Milney are due for a mini bag each...

Melbourne are at a very low ebb at the moment... I haven't seen a weaker (not including new team) in a long, long time... Just lack talent everywhere... There are possibly 2, maybe 3 Demons players I'd squeeze into our side, let alone the genuine contenders this year...

it's gonna be tough for Neeld... I expect them to be down for a while yet, and hopefully he can see the dark times through and isn't thrown out too early... Can't expect much with what he'd dealing with...

Can't wait to see Milera to tear it up on his first run at the 'G...

Very much looking forward to the match...

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:I hope we spray the ball in the direction of our forward line often enough to give our forwards a greater chance to spray the ball at the big sticks....

If we're spraying it around then that means we've got it and they haven't. Do that for the majority of the game and we should win...I'm confident we can do that...
Classic post Bob - got me laughing.

In another life based on that the St KFC was a dog.....I agree, "spray" we do well.

But we'll be world beaters this week, pin point precision against Dees.......and smacked in the head by the Hawk intensity a week later and back to spraying...

“Yeah….nah””
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

No game is a lay down misère so we ne...oh hold on, we're playing Melbourne.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I'm looking forward to the sprayathon on Saturday night....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

cant rely on anger for motivation and incentive for trying your guts out in games.

Need an attitude that is more enduring.

Pyscho babble warning.

I think the players need to find it out for themselves. Robert HArvey had it, Lenny Hayes has it. Rain hail or shine those kind of players bring an excellent never say die, fearless, sieze the day attitude to every game.

They are young men gifted with the opportunity to play sport in an adrenaline pumping scenario every week. Why not be all you can be instead of going in half assed?

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:I'm looking forward to the sprayathon on Saturday night....
:D

Carn' spraynters!