Quietly Inspired

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

damienc
Club Player

Quietly Inspired

Not wanting to get carried away but this was a win to get excited about. Finally we showed something of what the team can do, what Watters can do and more importantly what he brings to the table for this team. There have been signs of it even in the losses but I feel more confident in saying that this is a VERY VERY different St Kilda side. One of the newspaper sports writers called them exciting. Even suggested they are a better side than the one's that played in the most recent Grand Finals. Cautiously I would say he is right.

You could say many things about the Saints but quick is not one of them. Until now that is. This side has pace to burn. Finally it has thrown off the negative football game plan of Ross Lyon. Flood, flood, flood. Suddenly we have a midfield that has multiple forward targets.... more forward focus other than Roo and Milney. Two new recruits have stepped up to the mark? Could be. I am of course talking about Active Ahmed and Milera the quiet achiever . Maybe, hopefully there are signs yes there are signs.

And of course rocket Rhys. I first saw him in a Grand Final sprint that he won. The fact that someone that tall could run that fast was exciting and that was before I saw him play.

But....I'm not getting carried away just yet. There have been speed bumps. Port Adelaide, Fremantle & Hawthorn. But this team doesn't give up, knows how to run and WANTS to win contested ball. Still a long way to go but I'm excited and optimistic.

I like this footy team. I like the coach and I like their attitude. It's fun to support this football team and to see them growing all the time. I hope we are still talking this way come September. Maybe.