Dear Ross Lyon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dear Ross Lyon

skeptic wrote:
wasaintsfan wrote:Now i look back i actually wonder if ross may have cost us a premiership.. he never had a back up plan and rarely toyed with players in new areas or new players...... i believe thats what stuffed us in 09, we became to predictable....then in 2010 ill admit he made the right moves in gf1 but they werent by choice... he made the obvious moves due to injury..... gf2 well again wouldnt make changes then when decided to... tried to make exact same ones.. again predictable
lol
in 2009 our players best wasn't good enough on the day but they got no edge from the coaching box that picked a poor team and was strategically poor on the day

In 2010... we managed a draw with 2 herculean efforts from Goddard and Hayes and we carried 6 passengers in Gardiner, McQualter, Jones, Dempster, Ray and an unfit Gram... all of which were predictable passengers as they had been from about the midseason point onwards though all of those players earned their spot on form at 1 stage or another.
People will forever drone on about how we were playing for now instead of developing though the majority of these players contributed nothing during the "now period".

His team selection was by far his weakness
Ray went to Swan in the second half of the GF one and took him right out of the game and Dempster Dempstered Didak. Sceptic, you need to get your facts right and I can't take your posts seriously until you do.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
And when that task proved too difficult he left her and hit on KD :wink:
Whenever sex is mentioned someone always brings up KD. Signs there of an infatuation :wink: :lol:

Yep...hit me with pot kettle...i deserve it

wasaintsfan
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:
wasaintsfan wrote:Now i look back i actually wonder if ross may have cost us a premiership.. he never had a back up plan and rarely toyed with players in new areas or new players...... i believe thats what stuffed us in 09, we became to predictable....then in 2010 ill admit he made the right moves in gf1 but they werent by choice... he made the obvious moves due to injury..... gf2 well again wouldnt make changes then when decided to... tried to make exact same ones.. again predictable
So funny. Clueless Nimbat. Some stupid s*** right there. Honestly.

Footy really does bring out the nuff nuffs of society that arent quite right.

So rather then put people down you git how about adding... Because what I've put up is fact... Did I say he held us back? No I said I wonder. So get on your bike tosspot. As for last part... I agree 100% because there you are

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
skeptic wrote:
lol
in 2009 our players best wasn't good enough on the day but they got no edge from the coaching box that picked a poor team and was strategically poor on the day

In 2010... we managed a draw with 2 herculean efforts from Goddard and Hayes and we carried 6 passengers in Gardiner, McQualter, Jones, Dempster, Ray and an unfit Gram... all of which were predictable passengers as they had been from about the midseason point onwards though all of those players earned their spot on form at 1 stage or another.
People will forever drone on about how we were playing for now instead of developing though the majority of these players contributed nothing during the "now period".

His team selection was by far his weakness
Ray went to Swan in the second half of the GF one and took him right out of the game and Dempster Dempstered Didak. Sceptic, you need to get your facts right and I can't take your posts seriously until you do.

And Ray also did nothing for a half a game of football in which we went down by a few goals

it never ceases to amaze me that half a game of football is all it takes to sing someone's praises... just like McQualter handful of possessions and 5-7 tackles in the second half.

Sure great 2nd half... overall average match... result = drawn grandfinal

you can be happy with that Pav... me I thought we could have done better

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

wasaintsfan wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
So funny. Clueless Nimbat. Some stupid s*** right there. Honestly.

Footy really does bring out the nuff nuffs of society that arent quite right.

So rather then put people down you git how about adding... Because what I've put up is fact... Did I say he held us back? No I said I wonder. So get on your bike tosspot. As for last part... I agree 100% because there you are
Even that you are wondering that is sad. Tells me you are a complete nimbat.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
starsign
Club Player

Dear Ross
Thanks for the ride, but thanks heaps more for dropping us off and pissing off!

Ross who?
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:Pretty ordinary forward line at Freo...i wonder if Ross comes knocking at years end looking for a forward...
Trade Week 2012
:St.Kilda to Fremantle- Beau Wilkes
: Fremantle to St.Kilda- Zac Clarke

:D :D :D :D :D

Blake Acres fan club VIP
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
And when that task proved too difficult he left her and hit on KD :wink:
Whenever sex is mentioned someone always brings up KD. Signs there of an infatuation :wink:
It's what she's renowned for...

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
And Ray also did nothing for a half a game of football in which we went down by a few goals

it never ceases to amaze me that half a game of football is all it takes to sing someone's praises... just like McQualter handful of possessions and 5-7 tackles in the second half.

When did I say I was happy with a draw? When did I say I liked Mini's role?

You said Ray was a passenger and I said took he Swan right out of the game in the second half which contributed to us coming back to nearly pinch the GF. Every expert in the football world wrote us off when Roo went down earlier in the year so to even make a GF was a top effort. You really do overestimate your football knowledge so please, do us all a favour and get your hand off it.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

This thread belongs in Opposition Forum !

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
skeptic wrote:

You said Ray was a passenger and I said took he Swan right out of the game in the second half which contributed to us coming back to nearly pinch the GF. Every expert in the football world wrote us off when Roo went down earlier in the year so to even make a GF was a top effort. You really do overestimate your football knowledge so please, do us all a favour and get your hand off it.

Well said SaintPav, Ray absolutely blanketed Swan in the first GF after halftime - but skeptic claims he was a "passanger"

Dempster completely covered Didak - but skeptic claims he was a "passanger".

No wonder this skeptic and his ignorant, ridiculous claims are laughed at on this forum.

You got him and showed him up for what he is - an ignorant fanboi (like the rest of us), not the all knowing football guru he thinks he is in his own mind.

Oh and anyone bemoaning Ross lyons contribution to 2009-10 is an idiot.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Mrs_Seaford_Saint
Club Player

I'm reserving judgement ONLY because I think it took us a year to get into the "Ross" style of footy, season 09 was vastly different to season 08 - just saying

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Freo will be ok. They will play dour, boring football like we did under Lyon and win the majority of their games at home plus a few against weaker teams on the road. Can't see them winning a flag though.

I'm glad Lyon's gone, we are playing much better this year than last in my opinion. Watters has given the players scope to attack whilst maintaining excellent defensive structures. Steven has become elite. Armitage is a solid consistent AFL footballer. Milera, Simpkin and Saad have been revelations. Gone are defensive role players like Dawson, McQualter, Eddy etc.

Are we waiting for a saviour?
I'm so sick of waiting!
I've been waiting my whole life!
This is a new day!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
skeptic wrote:

Well said SaintPav, Ray absolutely blanketed Swan in the first GF after halftime - but skeptic claims he was a "passanger"

Dempster completely covered Didak - but skeptic claims he was a "passanger".

No wonder this skeptic and his ignorant, ridiculous claims are laughed at on this forum.

You got him and showed him up for what he is - an ignorant fanboi (like the rest of us), not the all knowing football guru he thinks he is in his own mind.

Oh and anyone bemoaning Ross lyons contribution to 2009-10 is an idiot.
Like it or lump it RL in the GF in both 09 and 10 was poor

And like i said which has been glossed over... Ray play ONE good half of football... as in 50%... that is not a good game

And I never at any point said RL was a crap coach or that he didn't do well in 2009-10... again licence to illustrate on your respective parts

He was a good coach with a clear weakness that cost us dearly in Sept 2009-10

Alan Didak 17d, 5t and 1 goal - yeah totally shut out of the game

McQualter 10 possessions, 10t (his super saving grace supposedly) no goals,

Ray 13 possessions (11 of them handballs) but a "Super second half". That completely justified his nothingness in the 1st half. Wonder how possessions of his 21... Swan actually got in the 2nd half

Gram = 11 possessions, no goals, 6 tackles

Jones = 19 possessions including 10 handballs... not much effect

Eddy (not previously mentioned) = 10 possessions and 3 tackles

Let me us you plainly... Farren Ray, how do you rate his OVERALL game?
Last edited by skeptic on Mon 28 May 2012 1:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

In regards to Freo yesterday, it has to me noted (and was conveniently ignored by Gerard Healy) that when they were playing 'well' in the first half, they'd only managed 3 goals.

That's not good footy.

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Don't bother arguing or proving a point with Joffaflog. 16,000 posts of pure vitriol with a side order of nonsense.

Are we waiting for a saviour?
I'm so sick of waiting!
I've been waiting my whole life!
This is a new day!
rexy
SS Life Member

I think Ross is a good coach,remember we missed the 8 in his first year and made up the numbers in his second. freo will get there. Dont think their midfield is as hard as ours but they have some good runners and 2 very good rucks. Need to find someone to support Pav up forward!

I think the timing of his departure whilst staggering at the time is exactly what we needed, bit of a change has refreshed the group and i firmly believe that we can re-open the premiership window as early as this season. The interesting thing to watch now for me is who are the players that make up SW best 22 when all are available and have been tried? I have my thoughts!

Maybe this year?
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Freo got Ross to 'finish the job'... Instead, he will finish them...

They felt they were close to a flag, and wanted to get what they thought was a finals coach...

Unfortunately, they dont have Roo, Lenny, BJ, Dal, Milne and Chips at their top end, and now have a coach that has a record of not being able to develop talent, only mooch off what is there...

They are going to have to go through a rebuild, and once this is in full effect, Pav, Sandi plus one of 2 other will be gone, and Hill, Morabito, Fyfe etc will have all their natural talent and flair coached out of them...

Put it this way, Ross is set up, but Freo are F@#ked...

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:I'm reserving judgement ONLY because I think it took us a year to get into the "Ross" style of footy, season 09 was vastly different to season 08 - just saying
I think this is a valid point. It took us 12 months to play the lyin brand footy and it will for freo as well.
Having said that I think they will still struggle, well I hope they do.

I love this club
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:I think Ross is a good coach,remember we missed the 8 in his first year and made up the numbers in his second. freo will get there.
Where will they get to?

There's not a hope in Haitis that they can win the flag playing the way they are now - or the way we played in 09 and 10. There's very little to suggest that Lyon has any intention to have them playing differently to the way we played in 09.

It's flawed. It was flawed then, and it's completely done and dusted now.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

RL needs to adapt or die.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:I'm reserving judgement ONLY because I think it took us a year to get into the "Ross" style of footy, season 09 was vastly different to season 08 - just saying
I think this is a valid point. It took us 12 months to play the lyin brand footy and it will for freo as well.
But the way they played on Sunday is the Lyon brand of football.

They held West Coast to under 30 points in a half, and under 90 points in a game of football. That's what Lyon does. And Freo are doing it! The Lyon brand is low scores. And again, they're already doing that.

That's the way we played in 09 and 10. We never blew teams away and kicked big scores. We grinded out the opponent and 'won on points' (to use an MMA term). Freo are already doing it - it's that it is not dangerous anymore.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:
But the way they played on Sunday is the Lyon brand of football.

They held West Coast to under 30 points in a half, and under 90 points in a game of football. That's what Lyon does. And Freo are doing it! The Lyon brand is low scores. And again, they're already doing that.

That's the way we played in 09 and 10. We never blew teams away and kicked big scores. We grinded out the opponent and 'won on points' (to use an MMA term). Freo are already doing it - it's that it is not dangerous anymore.

Dont let the facts get in the way of a good argument. Maybe you should rethink how we played in 2009. Go and llok at the results. You may be surprised.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Couple of poor showings but they're travelling OK. Too early to judge, but I'm backing in Ross given his track record.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
rexy
SS Life Member

Johnny Member wrote:
rexy wrote:I think Ross is a good coach,remember we missed the 8 in his first year and made up the numbers in his second. freo will get there.
Where will they get to?

There's not a hope in Haitis that they can win the flag playing the way they are now - or the way we played in 09 and 10. There's very little to suggest that Lyon has any intention to have them playing differently to the way we played in 09.

It's flawed. It was flawed then, and it's completely done and dusted now.
It will get them to a point where they are competitive with any team on any week, it will get them to a point where every player on their list is on the same page and knows what their and their team mates job is, it will get them high enough in the top 8 to have a crack at the flag. Its not pretty and it may not succeed but it will give them a chance! Thats my opinion anyway.

Maybe this year?